Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #1
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default Super Hawks or Sea Frauds?

This is funny to see Skip Bayless and Kevin Jackson go at it (Kevin Jackson a Seahawks fan). I hate Skip Clueless with a passion because he is so idiotic. I really don't know much about Kevin Jackson. Who do you think has the better case here?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...eahawks/debate
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Super Hawks or Sea Frauds?

I think both state good points, but I have to give the upper hand to Dip Bayless. I can't believe I said that.

"Hey, if it takes playing this flimsy Rodney Dangerfield card for your guys to get pumped up to play in the Super Bowl, be my guest. But I'm insulted by it." - So true.

While I'm not "insulted" by it, I am amazed that a team that's playing in the Super Bow feel's the need to play the "no respect card" in order to get pumped up....for the Super Bowl, not for a regular season game, not a playoff game....the Super Bowl. I find it pretty pathetic.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Full disclosure: Kieth Jackson started his career in Seattle,
Old 02-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
PDX Hawk fan
Banned

Member Number: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamix
This is funny to see Skip Bayless and Kevin Jackson go at it (Kevin Jackson a Seahawks fan). I hate Skip Clueless with a passion because he is so idiotic. I really don't know much about Kevin Jackson. Who do you think has the better case here?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...eahawks/debate
Which one of those guys do you think isn't gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that....
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Steve_Courson's_Liver
Water Boy

Member Number: 1673

After watching a few Seahawk games this year and also living in AZ and watching the Cards play them 2 times, I can honestly say I was not impressed with them. They have yet to win a quality game on the road. Make no mistake, this Superbowl is a roadgame. Ford field will be silent when the Steelers are on O and it will be rocking when they are on D.

Also, that midget Lofa Patato is going to get repeatedly steamrolled and a$$pounded all game. He may not even finish the game.

Steve_Courson's_Liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
PDX Hawk fan
Banned

Member Number: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Courson's_Liver
After watching a few Seahawk games this year and also living in AZ and watching the Cards play them 2 times, I can honestly say I was not impressed with them. They have yet to win a quality game on the road. Make no mistake, this Superbowl is a roadgame. Ford field will be silent when the Steelers are on O and it will be rocking when they are on D.

Also, that midget Lofa Patato is going to get repeatedly steamrolled and a$$pounded all game. He may not even finish the game.
I find this disrespectful, insulting, and offensive.

Please apologize for saying these mean things about my favorite team.
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

Quality game on the road, Philly, Monday night, they laid way off in the second half of the game or it would have been over a fifty point game. Sure, Philly sucked this year, but the Hawks destroyed them on a Monday night in Philly, by the fourth quarter there were about only 500 drunks left in the stands. I don't know if you guys know this, but the Hawks were able to rest players in at least three games this year, maybe more. The team is very healthy going into this game. If I were to judge the Steelers by their monday night performance, I'd say I wasn't impressed, but in the playoffs, yeah, I'm impressed. But there is something to be said about taking the road to the superbowl through home.
Granted, you can can't this as pretty much a home game for Pittsburgh because of the proximity, but it's not going to be the same as playing in Pittsburgh. The Hawk nation is growing.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #8
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
I think both state good points, but I have to give the upper hand to Dip Bayless. I can't believe I said that.

"Hey, if it takes playing this flimsy Rodney Dangerfield card for your guys to get pumped up to play in the Super Bowl, be my guest. But I'm insulted by it." - So true.

While I'm not "insulted" by it, I am amazed that a team that's playing in the Super Bow feel's the need to play the "no respect card" in order to get pumped up....for the Super Bowl, not for a regular season game, not a playoff game....the Super Bowl. I find it pretty pathetic.
Dude, STFU!! The Steelers are doing the exact same thing....in fact, this is probably the first year both teams are trying to be the underdog. What's up with the Steelers being the "at home" team choosing to wear the road whites? Yeah, that's what I thought. The Steelers don't know how to act now that they are really not the under dogs. As far as the Seahawks go.....we they are just stating the fact.

And that is not as sad as Porter saying he was asleep until Stevens said his true feelings about Bettis....but now he's up for the Super Bowl?? WTF is that?? He's in the Super Bowl, how was that not enough to get pumped up for the game? Why do some people have to show off their lack of the English language on National TV...acting like a spoiled 12 year old, to get pumped up for the Super Bowl? Porter is a moron. I find that incredibly pathetic.

Last edited by ZornToLargent; 02-03-2006 at 12:21 PM.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
syde18T
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1561

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
I find this disrespectful, insulting, and offensive.

Please apologize for saying these mean things about my favorite team.

Old 02-03-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
Dude, STFU!! The Steelers are doing the exact same thing....in fact, this is probably the first year both teams are trying to be the underdog. What's up with the Steelers being the "at home" team choosing to wear the road whites? Yeah, that's what I thought. The Steelers don't know how to act now that they are really not the under dogs. As far as the Seahawks go.....we they are just stating the fact.

And that is not as sad as Porter saying he was asleep until Stevens said his true feelings about Bettis....but now he's up for the Super Bowl?? WTF is that?? He's in the Super Bowl, how was that not enough to get pumped up for the game? Why do some people have to show off their lack of the English language on National TV...acting like a spoiled 12 year old, to get pumped up for the Super Bowl? Porter is a moron. I find that incredibly pathetic.
STFU? I'm sure mom and dad are proud of junior's conversation skills. Then again, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so go figure. It's amazing what people say while being able to hide behind a computer screen.

Anyways..........back to the real topic at hand.

How exactly are we playing the underdog role? Because we are wearing white jersey's? It's called superstition. Open up a book, figure out the difference between the two and get back to me. That's your example of how we are playing the "underdog" role? You are clueless. Who's the one that should STFU?

When Porter stated he was "asleep" he meant he was "asleep" when dealing with trash talking. Not for the game itself. Then again If you knew anything about Porter you would know that already. But, you don't. Who's the one that should STFU?

As for Porter talking in general. As I recall that thug with rat fur on his face was the one that opened up his mouth. Porter simply responded. What did you expect? Who's the one that should STFU? Besides Stevens.

Take care buddy.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-03-2006 at 01:01 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote