Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606
Default Just saw James Harrison...

Hes a lot bigger than I thought in person when hes standing next to you. Saw him down Nakama japenese steakhouse on the south side. Guess this could be a new thread

Anyone ever meet any steeler players in person?

Unless theres a thread about this already.
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Just saw James Harrison...

I saw Hampton in person in 7th grade during youth football, he stopped by with Townsend to see what was up. He is one big mofo. Townsend is actually smaller than I thought he would be.

I also saw Staley in person when he was still on the team, he was way bigger than I thought.

forgot to mention.. my friend met Lamarr Woodley and said his arms were bigger than his theighs, this comming from a 280 pound guy.

Last edited by lionslicer; 02-21-2010 at 05:49 PM.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:27 AM   #3
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759

Yeah I met Bradshaw was I was a little kid. Biggest dick I have ever met and refused to sign my steelers hat.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,342 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
Yeah I met Bradshaw was I was a little kid. Biggest dick I have ever met and refused to sign my steelers hat.
I have heard others talk about Bradshaw as well they say he is not a kind person.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

MY Grandson has Dermonti's autograph on his Steelers hat. I never met him but my Niece got Jerome's autograph for us. She manages a store that the team and their wives go into a lot. She says Troy is the best,nicest guy you'd want to meet. She's probably met half or more of the Steelers.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to solardave For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (06-20-2013)
Old 02-21-2010, 07:26 AM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

James Harrison big??? I'm 5'51/2" and my hubby is 6'6". I'd put James at just under 6' tall. He stood on chair whan he saw my husband!

"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
James Harrison big??? I'm 5'51/2" and my hubby is 6'6". I'd put James at just under 6' tall. He stood on chair whan he saw my husband!

I don't mean tall, I know hes not too...he was bulky as hell, a lot more bulky than I thought he was.

He seemed like an asshole tho, the way he sped off in his truck when he left and didn't seem to say anything. Someone yelled whats up mvp and he said nothing got in his truck and sped off.

still a fan of the guy tho
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentheon View Post
I don't mean tall, I know hes not too...he was bulky as hell, a lot more bulky than I thought he was.

He seemed like an asshole tho, the way he sped off in his truck when he left and didn't seem to say anything. Someone yelled whats up mvp and he said nothing got in his truck and sped off.

An AO? Seems to me the AO's are the one's who can't respect a persons privacy and continually pester these guys in public. James most of all since everyone knows he doesn't like the spotlight and is a very reserved person.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

James came to a signing with the Steel City Mafia to our Steelers bar in Cinci several years ago. He was very friendly and cordial with all the fans. Like I said before, he jumped up on a chair when he saw how tall Russ was and said, "now you can take the picture!". He also looked at every picture on the cameras and if he didn't like the picture, he said "take another one!" He seemed to enjoy himself and his fans. A few months later at training camp, he even remember one of the ladies that was at the signing. He said, "Hey, Shorty! What are you doing way over here?"

Fans just need to learn to be respectful of their time. It's great when an athlete always has the time for a fan, but there's there's a time and place for everyhting.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,651 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentheon View Post

After these guys have been in the spotlight for years I could imagine that 'some' of them would lose their interest in fans approaching them every 20 ft. Some people can just handle fame better than others I guess....

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote