Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Tebow tweaking his delivery, will not throw at combine

Tebow will not throw at combine while he's changing his delivery
Posted 35 minutes ago
Tebow will not throw at combine while he's changing his delivery
NFL.com Wire Reports
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=...s&confirm=true

Tim Tebow struggled at the Senior Bowl last month and said afterward that he was "definitely open" to improving his fundamentals. It appears that he's a man of his word.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported Monday that although Tebow will not throw at the NFL Scouting Combine this week in Indianapolis, the quarterback is changing his throwing delivery and will unveil it at the University of Florida's March 17 pro day.

Combine on NFL.com, NFL Network

NFL.com and NFL Network will provide exclusive day-by-day scouting combine coverage starting on Thursday, Feb. 25 and running through Tuesday, March 2.

» Complete combine coverage
» Inside the workouts of the combine
» Combine photos: 2009 | 2008 | 2007

Tebow's slow delivery has been the talk of the offseason. He had success with the motion in college, winning two BCS national championships and one Heisman Trophy, but many scouts believe he needed to change for the NFL.

In his first showcase for NFL scouts, Tebow completed 8 of 12 passes but none longer than 11 yards at the Senior Bowl. He also fumbled twice while taking snaps from under center.

"I think I'm definitely open to improving my fundamentals," Tebow said then. "I think I definitely showed that by being here. If you just watched the way I played, you could see there is room for improvement and what I need to work on."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149
Default Re: Tebow tweaking his delivery, will not throw at combine

Not a fan of the guy I think he's over hyped...but i respect him for recognizing his flaws and taking steps to improve them....it sickens me that alot of these college coaches don't do more to get their players NFL ready...
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Tebow's value is coming back down to reality. He had a high "Q-rating" in college, but it was apparent that his skills did not necessarily translate to the NFL.

He is taking a crash course for NFL QBing and hopes he can be drafted at that position. I am already sick of hearing about the guy, but hope he does fine and avoids injury.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
Not a fan of the guy I think he's over hyped...but i respect him for recognizing his flaws and taking steps to improve them....it sickens me that alot of these college coaches don't do more to get their players NFL ready...
I don't think that he recognized his flaws (or he would have fixed them in college), I think his flaws were pointed out to him

The idea that he will "Unveil his new throwing delivery" just makes me sick...

He has become such a media darling (for being such an average QB)---but these media aZZclowns keep him in that "Prima donna" category nontheless...
Instead of saying that he may be in danger of being a Bust, they say that he will "Unveil" his new steps to take him beyond perfection...
Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,317 Posts

I hear Phil Simms on Jim Rome Show during super bowl week.

Simms said whoever told Tebow to go to the Senior Bowl gave him bad advice. Simms said that Tebow just confirmed what most thought of him and that he should have worked on his motion, taking snaps under center and NFL type QB drills...then work out at his Pro Day with no defenders.

Basically Simms was saying Tebow should have just worked out without defenders to not show his flaws and hope to make as much $$, rather than showing he is just a college QB. This is a bit late, but looks to be what Tebow is doing.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

Maybe this could help him be a more productive QB and learn more and at a faster rate.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,921 Times in 1,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
college coaches are paid to win games. i hardly doubt prepping players for the NFL is either in thier job discription, or at the top of thier priority list.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

There's a reason why you can't just take any crappy QB and say "Well just fix his mechanics and we'll be good to go." It is so much more involved than that and takes more time than it's worth 99% of the time.

Yeah fine, his release might look a little better on camera. But what happens when you're actually facing a pass rush and you go back to your old ways of throwing the ball. It's called a habit and the reason why it takes so long to fix something like your throwing motion. Coaches are hesistant to change much about the way a QB plays. You either have it or you don't. I know Arians has said multiple times when asked about changing Ben's style to get the ball out of his hand quicker that he alsmot ruined some college kid when he tried to change his mechanics.

I assume scouts can see this smokescreen as well. You either like Tebow or you don't. Nothing is going to change that. Not at this stage of the game.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote