Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141
Default #2 pick anyone?

According to NFL.com the Lions are shopping their 2nd overall pick in the upcoming draft. My question to you is should we trade up and possibly have a shot at landing Suh or McCoy? I know we need DB help but this year is very deep at the DB position and value can be found late. But landing Suh or McCoy would give us our NT for at least the next 7+ years. What do you think? It sure is an interesting topic. And please dont bring up the $.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/23/lion...-2-draft-pick/
Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: #2 pick anyone?

Hell No. NO no No. How much we would have to give up just to be #2

And u need to bring $ into it because its an important factor in how the Steelers use their roster. Were either going to have to release alot of quality backups or trade our best players for the price of just suh who we dont even need.

The lions would probably ask for Timmons, Woodley or Mendenhall along with other picks.

And the Rooneys dont feel like giving a rookie 50 million a year.

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 02-23-2010 at 03:27 PM.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873

If we pulled off that trade now before thursday i'd do it and not franchise Casey Hampton. But it also depends on what we have to give up. I wouldn't give up our 2nd rounder as I want Myron Rolle in the second. I'd give them 1,3,5 for that pick.
Then the draft as follows
1 McCoy or Suh
2 Myron Rolle
4 Chris Cook
5a Pat Angerer/EJ Edds
5b Anthony Dixon
6 Lee Boris/MIcah Johnson
7 Michael Hoomanawanui
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyrob68 View Post
If we pulled off that trade now before thursday i'd do it and not franchise Casey Hampton. But it also depends on what we have to give up. I wouldn't give up our 2nd rounder as I want Myron Rolle in the second. I'd give them 1,3,5 for that pick.
Then the draft as follows
1 McCoy or Suh
2 Myron Rolle
4 Chris Cook
5a Pat Angerer/EJ Edds
5b Anthony Dixon
6 Lee Boris/MIcah Johnson
7 Michael Hoomanawanui
micah johnson wont be available in the sixth i assure u of that
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
RJ1670
Water Boy

Member Number: 8193

First of all that would be dumb. Second of all if we gave up literally our ENTIRE draft we would come up about 1000 points short of the value of the 2nd pick. IF they took just every pick we have (besides comps because you can't trade those) we could get basically who we want and neither McCoy or Suh would play NT for us so, who would you want with the second pick seeing is how we lose our entire draft and the two top prospects don't fit our system?
RJ1670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
RJ1670
Water Boy

Member Number: 8193

Just so you guys know the second pick is worth 2600 points. Our 1,3,5 are worth 1113 points. It's not going to happen.
RJ1670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ1670 View Post
First of all that would be dumb. Second of all if we gave up literally our ENTIRE draft we would come up about 1000 points short of the value of the 2nd pick. IF they took just every pick we have (besides comps because you can't trade those) we could get basically who we want and neither McCoy or Suh would play NT for us so, who would you want with the second pick seeing is how we lose our entire draft and the two top prospects don't fit our system?
I dont see how you say these guys dont fit in the system, they are probably the best 2 players in the draft . Im sure they can fit in any system. Second of all the whole point of my thread was not to anger other fans. I was more interested in finding out if we did try to pull this off what eveyone would accecpt giving up. Oh yeah by the way I myself am not in favor of trying to get that 2nd pick (at least not without a rookie salary cap).

If they made the move I would not bring back Casey 1st .
2. I would renegotiate Max Starks ovepaid ass or give him to the lions in the trade.
3. goodbye Willie P , Deshea , Jeff Reed this would free up money
4. Give up our first round pick this year and next ( anticipating we make at least the conference championship game) therefore your not giving up another mid 1st pick and Lawrence Timmons

Remember this is all just for fun guys! again I am not for moving up just stating some moves that make this all posssible.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
I dont see how you say these guys dont fit in the system, they are probably the best 2 players in the draft . Im sure they can fit in any system. Second of all the whole point of my thread was not to anger other fans. I was more interested in finding out if we did try to pull this off what eveyone would accecpt giving up. Oh yeah by the way I myself am not in favor of trying to get that 2nd pick (at least not without a rookie salary cap).

If they made the move I would not bring back Casey 1st .
2. I would renegotiate Max Starks ovepaid ass or give him to the lions in the trade.
3. goodbye Willie P , Deshea , Jeff Reed this would free up money
4. Give up our first round pick this year and next ( anticipating we make at least the conference championship game) therefore your not giving up another mid 1st pick

Remember this is all just for fun guys! again I am not for moving up just stating some moves that make this all posssible.
dude we dont want suh or need him, we can find a better player in the later rounds i garuntee it. Maybe Troup will be a beast of a NFL player. Suh is gonna be stuck on some lameass team like the Rams and be a bust.

I wouldn't give Reed away, the Lions wouldn't accept Starks then want someone like Woodley and hell naw am i giving up a first round pick... the panthers chose JON Beason with the 25th pick and he's far better than timmons at the moment and timmons was selected 17th or something.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Hell No. NO no No. How much we would have to give up just to be #2

And u need to bring $ into it because its an important factor in how the Steelers use their roster. Were either going to have to release alot of quality backups or trade our best players for the price of just suh who we dont even need.

The lions would probably ask for Timmons, Woodley or Mendenhall along with other picks.

And the Rooneys dont feel like giving a rookie 50 million a year.
I would listen if all they wanted was Timmons. Woodley and Mendy ar off limits off course.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
I would listen if all they wanted was Timmons. Woodley and Mendy ar off limits off course.
then we have a massive hole at linebacker. Keyaron Fox is a good run stopper but him and farrior are slow we need to cover tight ends like todd heap.

either way we dont want a lineman with the first pick.