Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873
Default Nnamdi Asomugha on the trading block

Should the Steelers go after Nnamdi Asomugha and what would you give up?
I would trade Hampton and a Late draft pick for him or perhaps give up Hampton & Colon because they fit both of The Raiders needs for Nnamdi and a 3rd round or late pick. The raiders have Two 3rd rounders.

What does everyone think?
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog?...dam&id=4938666
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119
Default Re: Nnamdi Asomugha on the trading block

I really like Asomugha's ability but he is just to expensive. Imagine though, Asomugha with Troy in the same secondary!!!!!!
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Well my friend I would love to pick this guy up and I think he would be worth going after. But I'm sure this thread will end up with a bunch of posts telling you that the steeler won't pay and he will cost to much Blah Blah Blah I say hell yeah see what they want . If they would take Casey and even a 2nd round pick say next year Pull the FN trigger. He is with out a doubt one of the top two corners in the league. They can take Ike and the rest of our CB's with Nnamdi , Troy , and Clark out there one of us could probably play the other corner spot.

Last edited by Northside Jonny; 02-24-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873

IF they then Drafted Earl Thomas in the first or Myron Rolle in the second. Wow what a Secondary. Thanks
I think they need to find out what they want atleast make the call or nudge while in INdy.
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

imagine the asomaghua with revis... that might happen lmao
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
Well my friend I would love to pick this guy up and I think he would be worth going after. But I'm sure this thread will end up with a bunch of posts telling you that the steeler won't pay and he will cost to much Blah Blah Blah I say hell yeah see what they want . If they would take Casey and even a 2nd round pick say next year Pull the FN trigger. He is with out a doubt one of the top two corners in the league. They can take Ike and the rest of our CB's with Nnamdi , Troy , and Clark out there one of us could probably play the other corner spot.
i can not remember the steelers ever over paying for a FA. He might be on the trading block, but crazy Al gave him such a big contract not many teams want to take that huge of a investment and for trading casey you cant he a FA himself.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
I agree with you as far as that goes. If the Steelers can work it out I'd say pull the trigger as well. we would have one of the top defensive backfields in the league.
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
i can not remember the steelers ever over paying for a FA. He might be on the trading block, but crazy Al gave him such a big contract not many teams want to take that huge of a investment and for trading casey you cant he a FA himself.
First of all we would have to sign and trade Casey (obviously).
Secondly we would have to get some cash back in the deal. ( don't say this would be impossible to pull off we are talking about Al Davis)
Finally he is not a FA (Nnamdi) plus it's not like the steelers would be paying all that cash to a guy who was unproven. This guy is a stud on a piss poor team.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
There's actually been a lot of rumors of trade talks between NYJ and the Raiders. Revis and Asomugha would be an unreal set of corners... I really don't want to see that situation, especially in the AFC.

And as far as the Steelers go, although I'd kill to see him in a Steelers jersey, it's not going to happen. We just don't go after big contracts like Nnamdi's. He's a stud, but he's not the kind of players the Steelers go out and get.

Look at the current roster... Harrison was as cheap as they come (at the time), Hampton was drafted by the Steelers, Polamalu was drafted by the Steelers, Holmes, etc... Pittsburgh is a well-run franchise and the front office knows how to build through the draft.

With our draft history, I'm not even sure I'd want to give up any picks for Nnamdi and his massive contract.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Watch the Jets land Nnamdi and the next 2-3 seasons one or the other sustains early season ending injuries!!! I don't wish for anyone to get injured I just hate the Jets and that fatass , loud mouth Rex Ryan. Hey Rex How you like them apples pal?