Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Steelers bringing the Run Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
You'd take Bettis over Portis TODAY?

We shut Portis down 3 weeks ago. You think we can't stop the run?! Based on what???

Cowher would be an idiot to let Bettis have 30 carries. But it's been his M.O to get caught up in sideshows, so one can only hope....

I have an idea- why not try an on-sides kick to start the game off?
Portis is a good all-situation RB - Bettis isnt.

Despite the feel good factor about Jerome being in his home town - logic says he may get a couple of 2Yd TD's but he wont be running for anywhere near 100yards.

I was never as confident as alot of these Steeler fans when we played the Eagles last year.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #12
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by benberger
no doubt in my mind......they will run 80 percent of the time in the first half.....and it will be successful against this seahawks defense......we are going to out physical them and play ball control.....dont be surprised if jerome gets 25 to 30 carries and starts the game.

if the Steelers use that strategy they will get destroyed. Keep doing what got you there. Open it up with Ben, stay aggressive, and the Steelers will win.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #13
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Clinton Portis ring a bell?

Yes- I hope the Steelers get wrapped up in nostalgia and let their backup running back have 30 carries.

LOL!!!
you mean a banged up clinton portis. dude that washington offense sucked ass and all ya'll had to do was stack 8 or 9 and not even worry about a passing threat. ya'll gonna have to play us different
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Start off with Ben throwing the ball. Establish a lead and when all is safe, bring in the running game and grind them down, along with the clock.

Worked the last four games. Why not stick with it? My biggest fear is Cowher switching back to our "old" ways. I'm not stating we should air it out the whole first half, but I would stick with what we have been doing since the start of the playoffs.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #15
PDX Hawk fan
Banned

Member Number: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumb 2 come
Yes I would at the goal line there's no other back I would want at this moment.

portis was hurt wow what an acomplishment

Yeah that will happen

God shouldn't you be in school right now or are you homeschooled
maybe thats why you have no social skills

Yeah- he was nails at the goal line against Indi. You should even be here thanks to him.

I love how there's always some BS reason the Seahawks didn't "really win" every game we played.

How many times do you expect to find yourself on the one yard line anyway?

Oh, and I'd take the 28 touchdown, best Red Zone runnuing back in the game over Bettis- oh wait, we have him!
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #16
thumb 2 come
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 584

Quote:
Yeah- he was nails at the goal line against Indi. You should even be here thanks to him.

I love how there's always some BS reason the Seahawks didn't "really win" every game we played.

Oh, and I'd take the 28 touchdown, best Red Zone runnuing back in the game over Bettis- oh wait, we have him!
When Shaun Limp wrist Alexander puts up 13000 yards come talk to me.
Yeah and that was the first fumble since 2004 that Jerome had.
Bring Shaun but putt some extra pads in his helmet so he doesn't get another boo-boo concusion from one hard hit
Old 02-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #17
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1079

Quote:

I wouldn't! And I don't know that anyone here is acting like you didnt really win every game, mostly it is just countering you who is saying your team is god's greatest creation. I think you need to start looking more open minded. I give the Hawks props for what they did and I acknowledge they have a good team. But my goodness, fans like you make me sick. You act like you know soo much about football, say stupid stuff and just act all annoying, so of course when we hear such lame comments as you are making we are going to counter them.
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #18
PDX Hawk fan
Banned

Member Number: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
I wouldn't! And I don't know that anyone here is acting like you didnt really win every game, mostly it is just countering you who is saying your team is god's greatest creation. I think you need to start looking more open minded. I give the Hawks props for what they did and I acknowledge they have a good team. But my goodness, fans like you make me sick. You act like you know soo much about football, say stupid stuff and just act all annoying, so of course when we hear such lame comments as you are making we are going to counter them.

DUDE- I'm a life-long Seahawks fan, if there's one thing I am, it's open minded about their chances of winning. These aren't the Seahaks of 1985-2000 and Yyur team isn't the 1978 Steelers.

Sure, we could easily lose Sunday- but we didn't get here by luck. This years' Hawks are the real deal- I've seen it up close.
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #19
SteelCityPride
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1079

Quote:
DUDE- I'm a life-long Seahawks fan, if there's one thing I am, it's open minded about their chances of winning. These aren't the Seahaks of 1985-2000 and Yyur team isn't the 1978 Steelers.

Sure, we could easily lose Sunday- but we didn't get here by luck. This years' Hawks are the real deal- I've seen it up close.
Nah, I'm not even bringing the old Steelers into it my man. Like I said before, I give your team props for getting here because... yada yada yada... Anyways, I'm glad you've seen it up close and maybe that is why your comments are too ignorant, maybe you need to back up a bit and look around the league a little more.
SteelCityPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #20
hawks>*
Water Boy

Member Number: 1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumb 2 come
When Shaun Limp wrist Alexander puts up 13000 yards come talk to me.
yards, schmards.
how bout you get back to me when the bus has as many td's as that limp wrist guy.
oh, wait that will never happen.
hawks>* is offline   Reply With Quote