Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Avoid Lloyd
Bench Warmer
 
Avoid Lloyd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 155
Member Number: 1024
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

"He's a big man," Seahawks defensive end Bryce Fisher said of Bettis. "He carries a load and a punch. The thing about him is he's a train and you have to stop him before he gets going. If he gets going and starts heading down field for 5 or 6 yards, it's going to be tough on our secondary to tackle him. (Seattle running back) Shaun Alexander is a threat to break it 60 or 70 yards. Jerome is a threat to break a DB."

Here's the story

Thought everyone might enjoy that quote.

It's nice to see that atleast someone has respect for the big man.
Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid Lloyd
"He's a big man," Seahawks defensive end Bryce Fisher said of Bettis. "He carries a load and a punch. The thing about him is he's a train and you have to stop him before he gets going. If he gets going and starts heading down field for 5 or 6 yards, it's going to be tough on our secondary to tackle him. (Seattle running back) Shaun Alexander is a threat to break it 60 or 70 yards. Jerome is a threat to break a DB."

Here's the story

Thought everyone might enjoy that quote.

It's nice to see that atleast someone has respect for the big man.

yeah, i havent heard ANYONE show any respect for Bettis over the last couple of weeks
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,191
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,871
Thanked 8,014 Times in 3,427 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
yeah, i havent heard ANYONE show any respect for Bettis over the last couple of weeks
your sarcasm is detected. gotta agree that other than a weak attempt to run a little smack by stevens, jerome has received tons of respect. come sunday, if he were to have a game like he did against the bears, i would say he could become one of the most respected men on earth (after all about a billion people will be watching).

its amazing that a lucky bounce of the ball (or great tackle by ben) and several weeks, could propel one person from potential b. dent or b. buckner status to that of m. jordan or j. elway.


$$$$$$$ cha- ching!
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
Avoid Lloyd
Bench Warmer
 
Avoid Lloyd's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 155
Member Number: 1024
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Yeah, I was kinda just screwin around and poking fun at Stevens, but I guess that kinda got lost in translation on the 'net here.
Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #5
PDX Hawk fan
Banned
 
PDX Hawk fan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Member Number: 1704
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Um, exactly who doesn't respect Jerome Bettis?

This is getting ridiculous.
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
Brady12
Team Captain
 
Brady12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 877
Gender: Male
Member Number: 973
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

This Bryce Fisher guy has said some good things these past few days.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #7
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
your sarcasm is detected. gotta agree that other than a weak attempt to run a little smack by stevens, jerome has received tons of respect. come sunday, if he were to have a game like he did against the bears, i would say he could become one of the most respected men on earth (after all about a billion people will be watching).

its amazing that a lucky bounce of the ball (or great tackle by ben) and several weeks, could propel one person from potential b. dent or b. buckner status to that of m. jordan or j. elway.


$$$$$$$ cha- ching!
yeah, if he gains 200 yards on sunday. short of that I dont..quite..think.. hes a Michael Jordan.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,191
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,871
Thanked 8,014 Times in 3,427 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
yeah, if he gains 200 yards on sunday. short of that I dont..quite..think.. hes a Michael Jordan.
yeah youre right. he dont gamble, cheat on his wife, and is much more likeable.

cha ching!$$$$$$
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
yeah youre right. he dont gamble, cheat on his wife, and is much more likeable.

cha ching!$$$$$$

ok, now you've crossed into SERIOUS local fan yahooism if you ever think Jerome Bettis can even be mentioned in the same breath with Michael Jordan as far as pecking order in the mind of Americans. Good grief!
first, hes better than Jim Brown. Nows hes more popular than Michael Jordan.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,191
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,871
Thanked 8,014 Times in 3,427 Posts
Default Re: Atleast SOMEONE shows Bettis some respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
ok, now you've crossed into SERIOUS local fan yahooism if you ever think Jerome Bettis can even be mentioned in the same breath with Michael Jordan as far as pecking order in the mind of Americans. Good grief!
first, hes better than Jim Brown. Nows hes more popular than Michael Jordan.
ha ha! pretty soon hell be governor of pennsylvania! oops...... wrong era


president????
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts