Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #11
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Defense Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Hawk fan
I don't think the NFC is bad- and I don't get why the Seahwks offense gets criticized based on the fact they are in the NFC, a great defensive conference.
The NFC is the weaker conference all round! That doesn`t mean that there are no good teams, or defenses. Philly and Atlanta were both over rated. Carolina was descent but nothing special. Chicago played above their heads, they are still a couple years away. Wash sucks. The problem is there is nobody to compare seattle to for us afc fans. You beat teams that weren`t Super Bowl caliber teams. Its not seattles fault, thats just the way it is. Does that mean you can`t win the Super Bowl? Of coure not! Other than the fact that I beleive we will!

Steelers 27- seattle 10

GOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooSteelers!
Old 02-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #12
PDX Hawk fan
Banned

Member Number: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityPride
Well when you look at them, they have some good individual players but also some areas of liablity esp in the secondary. Their front when all healthy is decent, their linebackers are pretty good, and I would only rate their secondary as ok... I mean, their defense is nothing extremely intimidating, though it is also a defense that can be very deceptive when taken lightly and can get to the quarterback, which also creates wholes in their secondary...
It's a team game and they play as a unit as well as any team in the league. Our secondary isn't stellar- that's true (or safety got is heack beat in outside a bar earlier in the year). My main concern is keeping up defensive intensity away from home.
PDX Hawk fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #13
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
It's a team game and they play as a unit as well as any team in the league. Our secondary isn't stellar- that's true (or safety got is heack beat in outside a bar earlier in the year). My main concern is keeping up defensive intensity away from home.
Intensity is a key factor! Porter is our emotional leader! who is yours? Not making fun, I just don`t know!
Old 02-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Intensity is a key factor! Porter is our emotional leader! who is yours? Not making fun, I just don`t know!
On D, it has become Tatupu by my estimation. Which sounds crazy since he is a rookie. He has quite a future in this league if he can keep it up.

Right now Seattle doesn't seem to be a team that demonstrates its emotion in a outward fashion in between plays.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #15
PDX Hawk fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I can't say we have one- or need one. That's what I like about this squad. They're like one organism- truly a team.

Maybe Hasselbeck?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:36 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
On D, it has become Tatupu by my estimation. Which sounds crazy since he is a rookie. He has quite a future in this league if he can keep it up.

Right now Seattle doesn't seem to be a team that demonstrates its emotion in a outward fashion in between plays.

That comes from Coach Holmgren..he's never been a trash talker or a coach that promoted talking on his team. They play hard and leave it on field..nothing wrong with that all. They've got the big dance with that mentality so it works for them.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #17
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
That comes from Coach Holmgren..he's never been a trash talker or a coach that promoted talking on his team. They play hard and leave it on field..nothing wrong with that all. They've got the big dance with that mentality so it works for them.
Agreed. I think discipline is really important to the success of our offense since the whole West Coast thing requires so much precision to execute well.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have an enforcer type guy on defense though that could play some Jedi mind tricks on weaker offensive opponents. But that would probably screw up all the good chemistry we have going.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #18
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
I hear all this talk about the NFC being a complete crap of a Conference, so what I want to know is: other than Denver and Pittsburgh, who are the great defensive teams in the AFC?

In my mind, the NFC is the defensive league while the AFC excells at offense.

the only reason the nfc is a defensive league as you say is because no one in the damn nfc has an offense worht a damn so of course they gonna look great. the afc offense is ten times better then any nfc defense
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #19
PDX Hawk fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
the only reason the nfc is a defensive league as you say is because no one in the damn nfc has an offense worht a damn so of course they gonna look great. the afc offense is ten times better then any nfc defense
When did the NFL become such a terrible product, exactly?

It's a wonder anyone still watches football, based on the comments I read on this forum...
Old 02-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #20
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I would agree that the AFC is the dominant conference between the 2..generally across the board the AFC is more wide open with more great teams than the NFC, as evident by the tight playoff races and postseason results..

but the NFC has some quality teams, one of which is playing this sunday. They earned their shot to get here.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote