Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141
Default Sean Weatherspoon

6'1" 241LBS. ILB
Got this at Scout.com http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...230193&yr=2010
Biography:
2009 OUTLOOK: Established himself as one of the top linebackers in the nation a year ago, and he'll be on the short list for national honors candidates at the position heading into 2009 as well ... Lines up at the weakside linebacker position, where he enters fall camp listed No. 1 on the depth chart ... With 302 career tackles entering the season, he's got a shot at breaking the school career record for tackles of 434 set by James Kinney from 2001-04 ... Is nicknamed "Spoon," which is what most everyone who knows him refers to him by.

2008 SEASON: Had an all-star junior season that saw him win 2nd-Team All-American honors from one national outlet, as he led the Big 12 Conference in tackles (11.07 per game), as well as being a Butkus Award Finalist and a unanimous 1st-Team All-Big 12 selection ... Finished with gaudy numbers of 155 tackles (2nd-most in MU single-season history, 18.5 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions (2 of which he returned for touchdowns), all while leading the team with 7 passes broken up from his linebacker position ... Set himself up for some lofty pre-season honors in 2009 with his season-closing performance in the 2008 Valero Alamo Bowl, when he was named the game's defensive MVP after registering 17 tackles ... Opened the year with a huge performance against Illinois, as he intercepted two passes, running the second back 35 yards for a touchdown that essentially sealed the game in the fourth quarter ... Led the team with a career-high 20 tackles against Buffalo, including three TFLs for a loss of six yards ... Was second on the team with 12 tackles in the Big 12 Championship against Oklahoma ... Displayed his toughness during spring camp, when he suffered torn labrum in his shoulder toward the middle of the camp, but he chose to finish camp before getting surgery so that he could get the experience and help lead the Tiger defense.

2007 SEASON: First-year starter who blossomed into a leader on one of the Big 12's top defensive units, as he led the team with 130 tackles ... Also broke up 8 passes on the year (2nd-most on the team), and had two more balls that he deflected on pass rushes that were intercepted by FS William Moore - one of which Moore returned for a back-breaking touchdown in the Cotton Bowl against Arkansas ... Had double-digit tackle games seven times on the season, as he showed a constant ability to be around the ball and make contact ... Led the team with 11 tackles in his first-career collegiate start against Illinois ... Was second on the team with nine tackles in the Big 12 Championship against Oklahoma ... Ranked 5th in the Big 12 with his 130 tackles.

2006 SEASON: Saw action in all 13 games, primarily on various special teams units, and was named Mizzou's special teams player of the year, as he led the team with 9 tackles on kickoff coverage ... Had 17 tackles in all for the season, and had stops in 9-of-13 games ... Saw the field in reserve duty on defense, and was listed as the backup on the depth chart at middle linebacker to senior co-captain Dedrick Harrington ... In his collegiate debut versus Murray State, had 5 tackles and blocked a punt that went out of the endzone for a safety ... One of four true freshmen to play for the Tigers in 2006.

Forget Earl Thomas I want this guy

Last edited by Northside Jonny; 02-26-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
jollyrob68
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15873
Default Re: Sean Weatherspoon

Dont be surprised if the Steelers pick him or Brandon Spikes. If McClain falls to 10 I can see moving up to get him.
Something is telling me Earl Thomas isnt on their radar if he messures under 5'10" in the first round.
jollyrob68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

I don't know if this is a good pick. Just look at how Lawrence Timmons is at the moment and we passed up a true linebacker like Jon Beason who has racked up 419 tackles already in his career.

Quote:
Dont be surprised if the Steelers pick him or Brandon Spikes. If McClain falls to 10 I can see moving up to get him.
Something is telling me Earl Thomas isnt on their radar if he messures under 5'10" in the first round.
I could see Earl Thomas measuring up 5"9
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

[QUOTE=supa_fly_steeler;776699]I don't know if this is a good pick. Just look at how Lawrence Timmons is at the moment and we passed up a true linebacker like Jon Beason who has racked up 419 tackles already in his career.

This aint no Timmons buddy. He very well might be the best LB in the draft.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

I could see Weatherspoon at #18. I dont think Brandon Spikes gets drafted until the 2nd round.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
mulldog24
Starter

Member Number: 13119

I would be very happy with Weatherspoon at #18! I think the guy is one of the best LBers in the draft and would be the perfect replacement for Farrior.
mulldog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Isn't Weatherspoon an OLB? I have seen reports that he's an OLB. Rather have Earl Thomas anyway, he's a better player.
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

[QUOTE=Northside Jonny;776734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
I don't know if this is a good pick. Just look at how Lawrence Timmons is at the moment and we passed up a true linebacker like Jon Beason who has racked up 419 tackles already in his career.

This aint no Timmons buddy. He very well might be the best LB in the draft.
I wouldn't take an outside linebacker and turn him into a middle linebacker. For that id rather have spikes.

The Timmons experiment at the moment after 3 seasons blows especially when i already said we passed up a dude who has almost half as many tackles as Farrior has and farrior has played 8 more years or something lol.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

[QUOTE=supa_fly_steeler;776791]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post

I wouldn't take an outside linebacker and turn him into a middle linebacker. For that id rather have spikes.

The Timmons experiment at the moment after 3 seasons blows especially when i already said we passed up a dude who has almost half as many tackles as Farrior has and farrior has played 8 more years or something lol.
he is big and strong enough to play inside
Old 02-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #10
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

[QUOTE=supa_fly_steeler;776791]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post

Timmons has only been a full time starter 1 year, where Beason has started at MLB since day one. If we drafted Beason, you better bet he wouldnt have started as a rookie....just how our system works.

Timmons is consistently getting better.