Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Prospects on the Rise

Who do you think is on the rise?

Mitch Petrus
The guy had 45 bench reps, pure beast could rise up a round or two soely on that.

Jacoby Ford
Posted real fast 40 time, also impressed on the reciever routes drills

Dorin Dickerson
Fast 40, good jump, could he be one of the best tight ends?

Joquie Bell
Impressed by him, leaded in a few workouts.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: Prospects on the Rise

what's the point of making another thread about the combine? you already opened one.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
thermoman
Water Boy

Member Number: 15924

spoooooooooooooooooooooooooon:tt 03: on the rise to 18,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
thermoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Spoon looks good!!! I hope we take a chance on this guy....he is a BEAST....I see him playing ILB for us!!! Another guy I would want for the Steelers is Dorin Dickerson TE/WR....the guy is a stud and I would love for him to play WR for us....He would be sort of Hines Ward for us but w/ some blazing speed!!!!(4.40 40 time)....he was faster than most players this combine and he's a TE WOW.....I want him bad!!!!!
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
what's the point of making another thread about the combine? you already opened one.
this is different to the other one. other one is for combine... . this is for discussion would will rise because there is so much discussion it would all just get mixed up
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
PittdaBurgh56
Water Boy

Member Number: 15888

First off not so much on the rise but...Micah Johnson i was exicted to see what he would do in the drills and the 40. This guy looks great on film it seems like but he ran like 4.99 40 now thats Lineman type times. It could be becasue hes coming off an injury but i was really liking this guy especially if you didnt draft a ILB in the first 2 rounds. I hope he shows something on his pro day cause the guy would be a beast in the middle.

P.Riley LB from LSU suprised me and i really liked what he did today.Would be a late round pick.
PittdaBurgh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittdaBurgh56 View Post
First off not so much on the rise but...Micah Johnson i was exicted to see what he would do in the drills and the 40. This guy looks great on film it seems like but he ran like 4.99 40 now thats Lineman type times. It could be becasue hes coming off an injury but i was really liking this guy especially if you didnt draft a ILB in the first 2 rounds. I hope he shows something on his pro day cause the guy would be a beast in the middle.

P.Riley LB from LSU suprised me and i really liked what he did today.Would be a late round pick.
I'm glad to see Micah run a slow 40....that gives him more of a chance to be drafted by us in the later rounds!!!(4th would be more realistic)
Old 03-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
I'm glad to see Micah run a slow 40....that gives him more of a chance to be drafted by us in the later rounds!!!(4th would be more realistic)
I'm not so crazy on this guy. I think he'll be a coverage liability and his intelligence is a concern. Note that the coverage concern is NOT related to the combine. Just some reviews that he's a stiff runner and poor in coverage.

I could see him as the thumper companion to Timmons as a rover. Not sure we'd want to give up that flexibility though. I think Timmons is slower lately as well. Perhaps working on becoming the thumper himself.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:42 AM   #9
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely McSmash View Post
I'm not so crazy on this guy. I think he'll be a coverage liability and his intelligence is a concern. Note that the coverage concern is NOT related to the combine. Just some reviews that he's a stiff runner and poor in coverage.

I could see him as the thumper companion to Timmons as a rover. Not sure we'd want to give up that flexibility though. I think Timmons is slower lately as well. Perhaps working on becoming the thumper himself.
Timmons is slower because he's been injured last season...I bet he probably played the entire season banged up....Timmons is an athlete and adding some weight will only make him better....I don't think putting on some more muscle will take his athletic ability away....but I know that injuries will slow him down somewhat!!!