Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8821
Thanked 1,231 Times in 642 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Re: Joe Haden just ran a 4.57 at the combine, that should drop him to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
saying he would drop 12 or more positions just cause of the 40yd dash is ludacris. i doubt that man gms are stupid enough to base their draft pick on a tiny portion of the combine.
Happens every year. Just look back a few years when Aaron Ross came into the combine with a top 15 grade and ran a 4.58.
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: Joe Haden just ran a 4.57 at the combine, that should drop him to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
Happens every year. Just look back a few years when Aaron Ross came into the combine with a top 15 grade and ran a 4.58.
malcom jenkins as well
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #13
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Teams have a lot of film on Haden. Haden has shown that he has great coverage skills and always puts himself in great positions.

What his 40 time has shown is that he does not have elite recovery speed. If he gets beat he is probably going to stay beat ( does that sound slightly familiar to us steeler fans). I think the true question with Haden is " What coverage system will he excel in?" If he gets great position he is going to shut down a lot of WR's.

Coverage wise he is still the best CB in the draft. As always I expect to see his pro day performance improve his stock. His time is 0.2 below what was expected. Can he find 0.1 sec in his pro day? I bet he will find that and may be some more.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #14
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

I'm not big on drafting a corner when we've got Ike Taylor, Willliam Gay (decent nickel back) and Keenan Lewis (3rd round pick last season whose friends with Mike Wallace) at the corners.

Yeah, Gay plays off a bit and we don't know what we have with Keenan, but still, Keenan is a pretty high draft pick who comes from a conference where guys throw the ball a lot.

Now safety...who here doesn't think Rolle, Thomas or Mays would be better as the first safety off the bench instead of Ty Carter or Ryan Mundy? Maybe not by week one, but by playoffs? Yup.

So, I don't care if Haden falls. I'd take a safety that can cover a big tight end before I'd take a corner who would probably be our #4 corner.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
I prefer Earl Thomas to Joe Haden, not fast enough for Corner for my liking.... He won't be able to keep up with the fast wide recievers like ocho stinko
I think Haden has game speed that will allow him to keep up with fast WR!!!! Everyone gets caught up with the 40 times its really quite ridiculous.......He will be a top 10 pick and he'll most likely improve his 40 @ his pro day!!!.....Watch some game tape and watch how fast he really is.....Dont just criticizing someone because he didn't run fast in a straight line while wearing shorts!!!! His game tape speaks for itself and i don't think his time will make him fall to us.....even though i hope he does..........Thomas is good but I don't know that he'll be there......if these guys are both gone I hope we trade down a couple of picks and take a chance on Mays.......
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I think there is no doubt that Haden dropped out of being a possible top 10 pick...but I look for him to still go in the middle of the 1st round. This could be good news for us as I could see the 49ers grabbing haden if he drops to them and that would help us to draft Thomas if he is still on the boards.
That is exactly what I was thinking LLT, but we still have Pro-Day to go through.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:01 PM   #17
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

I think the 49ers will select him 13.

Why did he run so slowly other times he has run a 4.3
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
CorpseLW
Water Boy

Member Number: 15960

something seemed flawed about the timer on the 40-yard dash.
CorpseLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #19
Thefan22
Water Boy

Member Number: 16109

He ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day, I think the Raiders will take him at 8.
Thefan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #20
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefan22 View Post
He ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day, I think the Raiders will take him at 8.

He didn't come close to a sub 4.40. He ran like a 4.49. And that was on a fast Florida track as well. Haden is NOT known for speed. He is purely a " Zone coverage guy "
Basically a less faster version of D.Townsend.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote