Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8821
Thanked 1,153 Times in 605 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Who's definitely gonna be gone by the time we pick?

Suh
McCoy
Bradford
Berry
Okung

Anyone else?
Davis is a beast, but he's clearly not a LT, and RT's don't have the same value as LT's

Bulaga is a great pass blocker, but he doesn't have all that much power in the run game.

Haden was at the top of the list, but a 4.57 at the combine can't help him. Limits who teams can line him up across from.

Clausen had nice numbers, but his motion is nowhere near as smooth as Bradford. He might go the way of Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn.

Dez Braynt's go off-field issues and he inconsistent.

Bruce Cambell showed he a physical freak, but he's a prime candidte for workout warriors who look like Tarzan and play like Jane. Plus I hear rumors of off field issues.

Pierre-Paul looked smooth, but he's gonna have to put on muscle, and lanky guys like him sometimes slow down when they put on muscle.

Hughes is in the same boat as Pierre-Paul

Iupatti is getting a lot of press from the Senior Bowl and combine, but he looked like a pass blocking liability at the combine from I saw. Plus, guards don't generally get drafted this high.

McClain isn't getting anywhere near the press that Willis got a few years ago. He's not as good in coverage, and doesn't have quite the same range, so he's probably limited to playing the buck in a 4-3. That cuts down the number of teams who would look at him.

Spiller looked disjointed running at the combine, despite the time he posted. And people have to be wondering if a lot of his yards came courtesy of Jacoby Ford clearing the safeties out.

Trent Williams looked like he had perfect form, but to listen to OU fans this year, you would think he was a 4th round pick after they moved him to LT. Plus he didn't exactly exude power at the combine.

Who do YOU think will be 17 off he board by the time we pick?
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
thermoman
Water Boy

Member Number: 15924
Default Re: Who's definitely gonna be gone by the time we pick?

as longs as spoon does not get pick up in the first 17 picks,,,,,, i will be thrilled as heck,,,,,,,, cause spooner wont make it to atlanta at 19......... baby,,,,, he is ours for the pickin at 18......:h elmet:
thermoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

You won't know until draft day.

Where Eric Berry get's selected much like Tyson Jackson last year will have a big impact on the top 20.

Quote:
as longs as spoon does not get pick up in the first 17 picks,,,,,, i will be thrilled as heck,,,,,,,, cause spooner wont make it to atlanta at 19......... baby,,,,, he is ours for the pickin at 18......:h elmet:
weatherspoon is a waste of a pick when micah johnson who could be picked up in round 5 would and can and does fit our system much better as a true middle linebacker. He's the best pure middle linebacker in this draft imo
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
simonsfs30
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13098

i really like micah but i cant say spoon is a waste, i mean anybody who we pick its 80 % propable he`ll be a GREAT PLAYER,

i thin spoon could be there
earl thomas
Iupati
williams
maybe bulaga

from those i will probably pick spoon or thomas
simonsfs30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsfs30 View Post
i really like micah but i cant say spoon is a waste, i mean anybody who we pick its 80 % propable he`ll be a GREAT PLAYER,

i thin spoon could be there
earl thomas
Iupati
williams
maybe bulaga

from those i will probably pick spoon or thomas
That's what we all said about Lawrence Timmons whilst he was outplayed by a second rounder who i wanted back in 2007
Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post

Where Eric Berry get's selected much like Tyson Jackson last year will have a big impact on the top 20.

weatherspoon is a waste of a pick when micah johnson who could be picked up in round 5 would and can and does fit our system much better as a true middle linebacker. He's the best pure middle linebacker in this draft imo
I'm a big fan of Micah too, but he doesn't have the range to be an MLB, he needs to be in a 3-4 where he doesn't have to cover quite as much ground on most plays. That's good for us, because fewer teams will be interested in him.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabinec View Post
I'm a big fan of Micah too, but he doesn't have the range to be an MLB, he needs to be in a 3-4 where he doesn't have to cover quite as much ground on most plays. That's good for us, because fewer teams will be interested in him.
that is a MLB lol. He isn't an OLB. Not many teams are interested him. Teams will remember his name when he devours the oppoistins running backs in the open

He crunches feeble running backs in the SEC. He had an injured ankle all year and somehow managed 90 tackles beastttt
Old 03-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Quote:

Personal love for Earl Thomas clouds judgement again. All the announcers at the combine agreed Spoon could play any LB spot. I would take Mayocks word over yours pally.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Quote:
that is a MLB lol. He isn't an OLB. Not many teams are interested him. Teams will remember his name when he devours the oppoistins running backs in the open

He crunches feeble running backs in the SEC. He had an injured ankle all year and somehow managed 90 tackles beastttt
Technically, MLB plays the middle in a 4-3, while the insidelinebackers in a 3-4 are ILB's and Buck and Mike if you want to get specific as to which side. He's a Buck. Not getting snotty or anything, just saying.....
Old 03-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #10
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:

i really hope we dont draft earl thomas just to spite you