Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #91
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: Did anyone hear about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksashton
It this is true it is rediculous. Maybe Roger Staubbach or Bart Starr might be appropraite. Not Bradshaw for obvious reasons. And as a Browns fan, I'd rather see my mother naked than have it be Elway.

Im I the only one disturbed by this post?

then again, my mother is a pathological liar a screwball.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #92
3 to be 4
Team Owner

i wonder if the sensitivity towards Brady, Belichick, and all things Patriots is because even if the Steelers win, they never got that Patriot thing off their backs.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #93
TapOut64
Water Boy

Member Number: 1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I have to laugh at the bitterness of the original post - just because the best QB in the NFL gets to flip the coin doesn't mean that his awesome star-power will over shadow the whole thing.

By the end of the 1st half people will probably have calmed down a little from seeing him - then we can concentrate on the guys out in the middle.

Personally I think you guys should be honored that the best QB and the best coach in the NFL have given up some of their time to take part in this.

NM
If they were the best QB and coach in the NFL wouldn't they be playing today? Face reality, it may be a while before NE gets back to the Super Bowl.
TapOut64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:52 PM   #94
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapOut64
If they were the best QB and coach in the NFL wouldn't they be playing today? Face reality, it may be a while before NE gets back to the Super Bowl.

what a stupid comment. is that how it works? every year, the best QB and coach get in the SB?? did Montana go every year?
Old 02-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #95
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
@ Brady! I thought you were going to be wearing a Seahawks jersey and waving a Terrible Towel? What happened to that idea...(lol)?

I decided it's best I don't buy a jersey for one game. If I wanted, I could tape an 8, and put HAsselbeck on it.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #96
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,920 Times in 4,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
i wonder if the sensitivity towards Brady, Belichick, and all things Patriots is because even if the Steelers win, they never got that Patriot thing off their backs.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
if the steelers win they get a ring for the thumb. the steelers were the roadblock this year in the playoffs. patriots were just a speed bump. no smack just the fact.

beating the 1st, 3rd, and 4th seed en route to the sb just doesnt sound as good as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed. personally i would have preferred beating the defensing champs in this sb run. it wouldve been the 3rd layer of the cake. hopefully the icing is being heaped on in about 7 hrs.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #97
3 to be 4
Team Owner

reasonable response. is that really you?? haha

I hope you get your icing in about 7 hours too. You guys deserve it and you've waited long enough.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #98
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
what a stupid comment. is that how it works? every year, the best QB and coach get in the SB?? did Montana go every year?
A majority of these new posters seem come out some incredibly stupid comments.

Makes you wonder if they ever watch any football.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #99
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Come on, you wont talk smack because you haven't got any.

Its like Browns fans trying to talk smack to Steeler fans.

By all means try bringing some in the Blast Furnace, ill keep an eager eye out for it.

NM
You are more than welcome to bring it to my house, if you like. Rf.net. I wouldn't be seen on a patsy site.

I will not talk smack with other teams while I am a guest here. I probably will engage in a little friendly smack talk with my new found friends here, when we play each other, or my team comes up in the Blast Furnace.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #100
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
You are more than welcome to bring it to my house, if you like. Rf.net. I wouldn't be seen on a patsy site.

I will not talk smack with other teams while I am a guest here. I probably will engage in a little friendly smack talk with my new found friends here, when we play each other, or my team comes up in the Blast Furnace.
Hey thats fair enough I guess - im not used to Raider fans being so reasonable.

I had a short stay on raiderfans.net until I got banned before the season even started, horribly biased mods etc etc.

I may drop by Rf.net if the Raiders look like they have some sort of potential and may meet us in the playoffs this year.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote