Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #101
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: Did anyone hear about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey thats fair enough I guess - im not used to Raider fans being so reasonable.

I had a short stay on raiderfans.net until I got banned before the season even started, horribly biased mods etc etc.

I may drop by Rf.net if the Raiders look like they have some sort of potential and may meet us in the playoffs this year.

NM
Some of the mods get a little carried away, I'll give you that, but it usually takes some doing, and a warning or two to get banned. What did you do? Did you use the same nick on RF.net?
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #102
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
Some of the mods get a little carried away, I'll give you that, but it usually takes some doing, and a warning or two to get banned. What did you do? did you use the same nick on RF.net?
I had a different nic there - Patriots_Rule_All which wasn't the most subtle of id's I have to admit.

At Raiderfans.net I wanted to talk about the week1 game and the various match-ups.

Basically all I got for my time was a load of abuse, both personal and team related - which doesn't really bother me.

But when I responded in kind I was warned by the female mod there (I forget her name) ,who prides herself on being some sort of smack-queen, for being abusive and breaking the rules.

When I told her she wasn't moderating her own teams fans for the same thing she warned me, then banned me.

Too many of the mods there were willing to engage in smack talk - and then boot non-Raider fans for the same thing.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 02-05-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #103
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

sounds like McMillenandwife.com haha
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #104
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I had a different nic there - Patriots_Rule_All which wasn't the most subtle of id's I have to admit.

At Raiderfans.net I wanted to talk about the week1 game and the various match-ups.

Basically all I got for my time was a load of abuse, both personal and team related - which doesn't really bother me.

But when I responded in kind I was warned by the female mod there (I forget her name) ,who prides herself on being some sort of smack-queen, for being abusive and breaking the rules.

When I told her she wasn't moderating her own teams fans for the same thing she warned me, then banned me.

Too many of the mods there were willing to engage in smack talk - and then boot non-Raider fans for the same thing.

NM
I see. The mod in question would be Kita Red, I think.

I tend to stay out of the mod's ways around there.. for the same reasons you mentioned. As much as I love the forum over there, I find the mods to be very biased in their "moderating".

There are quite a few bannings going on over there these days... I don't agree with many of them, but, what are ya gonna do? All I can think is... losing for three straight seasons takes it's toll. Raider fans are a bitter lot these days, and our bitterness seems to breed a lot of short fuses and malcontent... even amoung ourselve's.

Hopefully, we will start to turn things around next year. Stop in and try it again... there are quite a few very knowledgeable and intelligent people to talk with... just be a little respectful, and you will be more than welcome at RF.net.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:33 PM   #105
burgh123
Water Boy

Member Number: 1856

It is a shame from what I read it was because there really wasnt any star power so let me enlighten you why the patriots really are sooooo loved and I dont want to sound unpatriotic remember 9/11 the patriot act and all well let me tell you something dynasty kiss my butt when you get four in the same decade call me write me I would hate for my team to be or to think its because we are at war that is really the reason why they are so loved but if it had been called the steel shield I bet 1000 to 1 you wouldnt be so noticed I dont like playing the political card but if you want to debate on this all I can say is the august sixth memo that went unchallenged.

Last edited by burgh123; 02-06-2006 at 09:44 PM.
burgh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #106
burgh123
Water Boy

Member Number: 1856

It is a shame from what I read it was because there really wasnt any star power so let me enlighten you why the patriots really are sooooo loved and I dont want to sound unpatriotic remember 9/11 the patriot act and all well let me tell you something dynasty kiss my butt when you get four in the same decade call me write me I would hate for my team to be or to think its because we are at war that is really the reason why they are so loved but if it had been called the steel shield I bet 1000 to 1 you wouldnt be so noticed I dont like playing the political card but if you want to debate on this all I can say is the august sixth memo that went unchallenged. sorry I orginally wrote century which might be how long it takes you to get another remember you werent so good for quite a long time what 30 or so years bears 46 patriots 10 I think was the score
burgh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #107
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgh123
It is a shame from what I read it was because there really wasnt any star power so let me enlighten you why the patriots really are sooooo loved and I dont want to sound unpatriotic remember 9/11 the patriot act and all well let me tell you something dynasty kiss my butt when you get four in the same decade call me write me I would hate for my team to be or to think its because we are at war that is really the reason why they are so loved but if it had been called the steel shield I bet 1000 to 1 you wouldnt be so noticed I dont like playing the political card but if you want to debate on this all I can say is the august sixth memo that went unchallenged. sorry I orginally wrote century which might be how long it takes you to get another remember you werent so good for quite a long time what 30 or so years bears 46 patriots 10 I think was the score

too bad you posted THAT twice. Just makes you sound like twice the idiot.

the US Government made the Patriots have a dynasty because of 9/11???

You are a seeing a whole team of psychiatrists, arent you?
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #108
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1797

Quote:
I wasn't going to dignify this with a remark but this is just crazy talk and pretty offensive to those involved.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #109
gostillerz
Water Boy

Member Number: 1299

It was a lousy coin toss. No spin.
gostillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #110
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Let sentences and grammar be your friends.

Once we achieve that we can work on your 'eccentric' outlook on life.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote