Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141
Default Why I want Nate Allen and not Earl Thomas

Check out this video everyone I honestly think taking Spoon in the 1st and then this guy in the 2nd is the best way to go. [YOUTUBE]8wz5IUfyZjQ[/YOUTUBE]
Double click the video and choose the 480p version much better quality!

Last edited by Northside Jonny; 03-02-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Default Re: Why I want Nate Allen and not Earl Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreal View Post
We need a quality OL player in the 2nd round.
I Like Kam Chancellor in the 3rd.

SPOON #1
If that route is taken I would prefer Reshad Jones of Georgia in the 3rd.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Uh oh.. Supa Fly Steeler is gonna have some comments about this LOL
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
Uh oh.. Supa Fly Steeler is gonna have some comments about this LOL
Oh well it will be fun to watch him make an ass out of himself! Actually I won't have to hear it now cause of the ignore list. Oh how peaceful
Old 03-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #5
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

I'd still have to say take Earl Thomas in the first. We don't NEED an ILB that bad right now, especially one in the first round. One in the later rounds fine, or even better one high next year. Why draft one that won't start for a few seasons again? What use did two seasons behind Farrior do for Timmons? Not much more then one season did, he had not much better of a season after his first year starting only 2 games then after 2 seasons starting 13 games. Stick with a DB in the first(preferably ET)and look for a Farrior replacement in the later rounds or next year. Don't hate on me this is just IMO lol

Go Steelers!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS43Polamalu View Post
I'd still have to say take Earl Thomas in the first. We don't NEED an ILB that bad right now, especially one in the first round. One in the later rounds fine, or even better one high next year. Why draft one that won't start for a few seasons again? What use did two seasons behind Farrior do for Timmons? Not much more then one season did, he had not much better of a season after his first year starting only 2 games then after 2 seasons starting 13 games. Stick with a DB in the first(preferably ET)and look for a Farrior replacement in the later rounds or next year. Don't hate on me this is just IMO lol

Go Steelers!
1.Farrior has lost a step and it is time to start grooming a replacement Spoon is perfect fit for the steelers.
2.Timmons sat behind Foote not Farrior.
3. IMO Thomas is a good player but not special Spoon just has it ! You cannot pass up special talent just to fill a need with a guy who has an equal in a later round. IMO there is only one Spoon but I think there are about 3-4 S that are just as good as Thomas. Allen IMO is better than Thomas.

I think that Nate Allen is just as good as Thomas he may be better, you know what they say different stroke for different folks .
Old 03-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreal View Post
We need a quality OL player in the 2nd round.
I Like Kam Chancellor in the 3rd.

SPOON #1
Yeah, we could go:

#1 Weatherspoon
#2 Jared Veldheer
#3 Morgan Burnett or Torel Troup
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #8
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
1.Farrior has lost a step and it is time to start grooming a replacement Spoon is perfect fit for the steelers.
2.Timmons sat behind Foote not Farrior.
3. IMO Thomas is a good player but not special Spoon just has it ! You cannot pass up special talent just to fill a need with a guy who has an equal in a later round. IMO there is only one Spoon but I think there are about 3-4 S that are just as good as Thomas. Allen IMO is better than Thomas.

I think that Nate Allen is just as good as Thomas he may be better, you know what they say different stroke for different folks .
Yes, Farrior has lost a step but he still had a pretty good season and will for a few more years, it's pointless to draft someone that most likely won't start for a few seasons when you could have someone that will make an instant impact. Thomas IMO has the talent to be the best safety in this draft, he's young and with Polamalu around he would learn from the absolute best. Also Timmons learned from Farrior and Foote, just because he took over for Foote deosn't mean our best ILB didn't teach him what he knows. But IF Thomas is off the board when we pick, and I'm starting to think he will be, i wouldn't be totally upset if we took Spoon, but not at 18 only if we traded down and for sure took a FS in the 2nd round, preferably Rolle and convert him or Chad Jones, even Nate Allen would work. Until #18 pick rolls around and Thomas is off the board, I'm gonna keep pimping and hoping we pick him lol
Old 03-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

I respect your stance SS43 but I guess I will have to agree to disagree. Thomas or Spoon it looks like either one will be an excellent pick.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #10
+NuBbS+
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8655

nate allen has some great football instincts!!! great video!!!
+NuBbS+ is offline   Reply With Quote