Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steelers interview a few...

The Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans and the San Francisco 49ers were among the teams that hosted Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds for a formal Combine interview, according to an NFL source. Based on the scheme of the team that selects him, Worilds is another player who could play defensive end or linebacker at the next level.

Yea lets go Hokies

An NFL source told Scout.com that the Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were among the teams who requested 15-minute formal interviews with defensive end Jermaine Cunningham while he was at the Combine. And the Florida Gator defender could be playing defensive end or linebacker in the upcoming months.

At 6-foot-3, 252 pounds, the three-year starter finished second on his team in sacks during his senior year, logged an impressive 64 tackles and 12 tackles for a loss. He really knows how to use his speed and his rip move off the edge to create problems for his opponent.

At the Combine, I asked him how he would respond if a team just point-blank asked him why they should use one of their draft picks on him.

"I'd just say that I've got a high motor, on every play I'm a competitor--I want to win every play that I play," he said.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/950816.html
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
Northside Jonny
Team Captain
 
Northside Jonny's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver by way of the Steel City
Posts: 673
Member Number: 5141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

I would prefer Cunningham over Worilds.He(Cunningham) has much better closing speed and sheds blockers better. Both are projected 4th round,but hope we are getting Anthony Dixon RB that round he is also projected 4th. Whatever happens I hope they are productive.
__________________
"We intend to make no bold predictions about what we’re going to do. What we are going to do is promise to have a first-class, blue collar work ethic in how we approach our business." Tomlin
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

Worilds is faster and gets to the Quarterback faster. I don't know quite where you got that from but you need to stop with the Hokie Hate.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
Northside Jonny
Team Captain
 
Northside Jonny's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver by way of the Steel City
Posts: 673
Member Number: 5141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

"Dude it's vrabinec opionion". Supa_Fly_Steeler

1.Dude it just my opinion(check your spelling)! 10$
2.I can hate the piss poor Hokies if I want too! 15$
3.Watching you make an ass outta yourself! priceless.
__________________
"We intend to make no bold predictions about what we’re going to do. What we are going to do is promise to have a first-class, blue collar work ethic in how we approach our business." Tomlin
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
"Dude it's vrabinec opionion". Supa_Fly_Steeler

1.Dude it just my opinion(check your spelling)! 10$
2.I can hate the piss poor Hokies if I want too! 15$
3.Watching you make an ass outta yourself! priceless.
Your stating that Cunningham gets to the Quarterback faster when he simply doesn't theres visual and scientific evidence.

2. There not piss poor your obviously jealous and you think Worlids will steal the Steelers idea of picking him instead of Weatherspoon.

3. Im not going around repeatdley SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON this SPOOOOOOOOOOOON that maybe you liked to get spooned your self i don't know don't wanna.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
Northside Jonny
Team Captain
 
Northside Jonny's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver by way of the Steel City
Posts: 673
Member Number: 5141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Your stating that Cunningham gets to the Quarterback faster when he simply doesn't theres visual and scientific evidence.

2. There not piss poor your obviously jealous and you think Worlids will steal the Steelers idea of picking him instead of Weatherspoon.

3. Im not going around repeatdley SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON this SPOOOOOOOOOOOON that maybe you liked to get spooned your self i don't know don't wanna.
Well Lets see your evidence Dr.Supa! Really do you think I take anything you write seriously? Just keep giving me something to make fun of I enjoy it very much Pal.
__________________
"We intend to make no bold predictions about what we’re going to do. What we are going to do is promise to have a first-class, blue collar work ethic in how we approach our business." Tomlin
Northside Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter
 
devilsdancefloor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Posts: 4,015
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

both of you i think like hearing yourself Seriously get a grip or soon i would guess you wil know how the ban hammer feels.
__________________
Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.


devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 AM   #8
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach
 
Aussie_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,814
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5037
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
The Pittsburgh Steelers, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tennessee Titans and the San Francisco 49ers were among the teams that hosted Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds for a formal Combine interview, according to an NFL source. Based on the scheme of the team that selects him, Worilds is another player who could play defensive end or linebacker at the next level.

Yea lets go Hokies

An NFL source told Scout.com that the Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were among the teams who requested 15-minute formal interviews with defensive end Jermaine Cunningham while he was at the Combine. And the Florida Gator defender could be playing defensive end or linebacker in the upcoming months.

At 6-foot-3, 252 pounds, the three-year starter finished second on his team in sacks during his senior year, logged an impressive 64 tackles and 12 tackles for a loss. He really knows how to use his speed and his rip move off the edge to create problems for his opponent.

At the Combine, I asked him how he would respond if a team just point-blank asked him why they should use one of their draft picks on him.

"I'd just say that I've got a high motor, on every play I'm a competitor--I want to win every play that I play," he said.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/950816.html
This years draft will need to provide depth at Outside Linebacker. Whoever is targetted is not going to seriously get a chance to start for maybe y3ears. I am guessing Worilds has to be on the radar.

I dont know much about him except his has a pretty good ego. What are his coverage skills projected to be??
__________________
Aussie_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

[YOUTUBE]zBzLNXDuTGA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]g_9GX6yvZBA[/YOUTUBE]

He's very athletic.

Here another one of Worilds

[YOUTUBE]yIQ1S1jyqQE[/YOUTUBE]

some big hits of his in here

[YOUTUBE]APdbeO2sgkk[/YOUTUBE]
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #10
PittdaBurgh56
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 45
Member Number: 15888
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers interview a few...

Wow this board has become a joke now...
PittdaBurgh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts