Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default CB Cromartie for 3rd round pick????

Why did the chargers trade him to the jets for a 3rd round pick??? The Steelers in my opinion should of jumped on that!!!! They would only of gave up a 3rd round pick!!!! That scenario would of opened up the Steelers draft big time....they wouldn't need to draft a CB high or even draft one period if they would of acquired Cromartie!!!! We missed out IMO!!!!!!! The guy is a probowler and a former 1st round 19th pick...he did have a down year last year but still a 3rd rounder for him....C'mon that's a good bargain! but he does have a big contract so IDK.....

Last edited by taztroy43; 03-05-2010 at 12:55 AM.
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823
Default Re: CB Cromartie for 3rd round pick????

The Steelers front office made it clear earlier this offseason that they intend to go about this coming year as if there were a salary cap in place. That being said, the Steelers have never been known to trade for/sign big-contract players. Cromartie is making far more than the Steelers would have to pay a first or second-round corner. It would have been nice to give up a third for him, but it's just not our style, and I won't complain. Colbert knows what he's doing.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

I dont think we'll miss out one bit on this. His play has slacked some...and i remember somewhere about some baby momma drama off the field that he has like 10 kids to 10 different women...i dunno haha. But yeah no biggie. Also that 2011 3rd rounder can turn into a 2nd rounder based on playing time/etc...just an fyi
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,148 Times in 427 Posts

We "missed out on" a wuss who whiffs on tackles because he's allergic to contact.

[youtube]Na4cE3m2Gwo[/youtube]

Adjust your skirt there, Antonio - your slip's showing.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
We "missed out on" a wuss who whiffs on tackles because he's allergic to contact.

[youtube]Na4cE3m2Gwo[/youtube]

Adjust your skirt there, Antonio - your slip's showing.
Cromartie was never known for being a tackler....he was actually very critized for that....He's a Deion Sanders because he's excellent in coverage but horrible when it comes to even attempting to tackle....sure he had a down year last year....but he is a probowler!!!! Hey if he can cover WR better than the guys on our team(which he probably can) and get INT's I would let his poor(and I'm using poor lightly) tackling ability not be that much of an issue....we already have guys in our team that can't tackle(like Gay...sorry Supa I know you like the guy a lot )....

Here are some highlights of his abilities....but were all forgetting here...he went for a 3rd round pick...not a 1st or a 2nd....a 3rd....I would rather have a Cromartie(even though he can't tackle for shit) than a guy like Kraig Urbik at this point......I think Urbik was a waste of a pick(I mean an undrafted rookie(Ramon Foster) took him out, thats pretty embarrasing n sad!!!)......

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M6HyFuoGQQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M6HyFuoGQQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

]
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
I dont think we'll miss out one bit on this. His play has slacked some...and i remember somewhere about some baby momma drama off the field that he has like 10 kids to 10 different women...i dunno haha. But yeah no biggie. Also that 2011 3rd rounder can turn into a 2nd rounder based on playing time/etc...just an fyi
Can you elaborate more on this please....I don't get it.......what do you mean???

I think the highest compensatory pick is a 3rd rounder not a second if thats what you mean!.....
Old 03-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #7
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
"a wuss who whiffs on tackles because he's allergic to contact."
You should go tell that to Deion Sanders!!! ....How did that guy turn out??? pretty good if you ask me or just about anybody! But I'm not saying Cromartie is a Deion @ all but I think he would of been worth a 3rd rounder...but he does have a big ass contract so I guess it wouldn't of been wise......But hey who cares the guy is with the Jets so who gives a !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 03:40 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,567 Times in 1,508 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

No big loss in my book Colbert has a plan for what he is going to do on the corner position. If I had to guess it will be through the draft.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:52 AM   #9
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

the jets are going to be an even tougher team to throw against this year, if sanchez learns to throw they will be a very tough team to beat this year
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:54 AM   #10
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i just read that cromartie is 25 and has 7 kids to 5 different women. now thats a real winner. im glad we didnt sign that lowlife now
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote