Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #1
Sleepless In Seattle
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1684
Default Fans....?

All Steeler fans know how loyal our fan base is, and the whole country is taking notice to the love we share for our team, unlike any other franchise. There was an interesting column in the Seattle Times by Dan Possumato. He in reality is a Steeler fan but decided to do a comparison where he went to both Pittsburgh and Seattle and wore the opposite teams gear in each city. The results:
First while returning to Pittsburgh he had to suffer the humiliation of his own family. His dad said upon first seeing him in Seattle gear " What? Are you out of your mind? You'll be lucky some nut doesn't shoot you walking around like that!" His 14yr old nephew said " Uncle Dan, I never thought you would be a traitor." He continued to go to his favorite diner, where there were about 25 people having breakfast, about two-thirds of them displaying Steelers gear. He says in this reguard there has been no comparison between Steelers and Seahawks fans. He goes on to say that as people approch him in the diner about his Seattle gear he replied by saying " He will protect me", refering to a police officer a few seats down. The officer said "anything bad that happens to you in this town might not be a crime this week." LOL Later at a Kripy Kreme, the manager points him out to his cashier and shouts " Hey,that guy has to go!" This continued on during numerous establishments that he visited. His conclusion was that the Steeler fans are a lot more visibly numerous, intense, vocal and spontaneous. One of his best observations was that he was walking around Green Lake, a very popular attraction around Seattle, wearing his Steelers jacket when he came across a family in Seahawks jerseys. Upon seeing Dan the father shouted "OK, everybody say, "BOO, STEELERS." He said the difference is that in Pittsburgh the kids wouldn't need to be told to boo. How great is that. Just another example of how great our fans are. I am proud to be a Steeler! I hope the examples from this article lift your heart, confirm your belief in Steeler football( not that we need it) and acknowlege that we as Steeler fans are beyond the rest...the best fans in the land....and WE WILL WIN THIS SUNDAY! GO STEELERS!!!
Sleepless In Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Fans....?

Complete intolerance of a another teams fans is truly something to be proud of - Go Steelers!

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 02:46 AM   #3
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1797

Please that was a "joke" piece, much like anything Kenny Mayne does. But think how you will our victory will be all the more sweeter...underdogs..yeah whatever.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:03 AM   #4
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230

People who are not Steeler fans truly do not understand Steeler fans, or the way we are. My friend (who is a Seahawk fan, from Idaho), just cannot fathom all of the hoopla, pep rallies, tailgate parties, etc this past week..he just doesn't get it.
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:10 AM   #5
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1797

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysteelers
People who are not Steeler fans truly do not understand Steeler fans, or the way we are. My friend (who is a Seahawk fan, from Idaho), just cannot fathom all of the hoopla, pep rallies, tailgate parties, etc this past week..he just doesn't get it.
Actually it is only because the Steelers have been around enough to cross generations much like Green Bay, Chicago etc....unlike a team such as the Seahawks which are only really into their 2nd generation (30 years old compared to the first Super Bowl win for you guys which was around the same time, which gives you guys the time to make traditions).
Old 02-04-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230

I agree. I wasn't putting you down, just making a comment. It's not just the Seahawks, though. No other team has fans like Pittsburgh does. Some come close, but nothing like our team.
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysteelers

Nope, they just don't get it and probably never will. To Steelers fans, the Pittsburgh Steelers are not just an NFL football team, they're a way of life!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Complete intolerance of a another teams fans is truly something to be proud of - Go Steelers!

NM
Says the guy who roosts primarily at a rival fans BB.

Jesus, what hypocrisy! I mean, seriously...you are the very definition of the term.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The Steelers far and away have the most well traveled fan base in the league, bar none. Taking nothing away from the other great teams in the leage, but our fans are awesome !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #10
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Nope, they just don't get it and probably never will. To Steelers fans, the Pittsburgh Steelers are not just an NFL football team, they're a way of life!
agree with you there. my friends at school just dont get how i can love a team so much, and they think im weird bc i rep a roethlisberger jersey w/ a terrible towel hanging from my pocket every friday. its normal, isnt it?