Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default 1958 vs 2010

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1958 vs. 2010

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parkinglot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1958 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2010 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1958 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt. Billy must do chores to earn the money to pay for the window.

1958 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a responsible, successful businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1958 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

2010 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
Pedro fails high school English.

1958 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2010 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1958 - Ants die.

2010- ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1958 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy .
Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Re: 1958 vs 2010

Thank you for posting that. The sad pathetic truth.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

It's funny 'cause it's 100% true.

wait. that's not funny, that's just depressing !!!

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Things are different now. Times have changed. Can't live in the past or by the past way of "doing things".

Back in 1958, black people had to sit at the back of the bus, go to separate diners, and use separate restrooms.

While living in a "Jim Crow' era is a conservative fantasy, those days are over, even if it does make their mouths water.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post
Things are different now. Times have changed. Can't live in the past or by the past way of "doing things".

Back in 1958, black people had to sit at the back of the bus, go to separate diners, and use separate restrooms.

While living in a "Jim Crow' era is a conservative fantasy, those days are over, even if it does make their mouths water.
Where TF do you get off lecturing people that have actually accomplished something on how to live? You haven't the vaguest clue what you're talking about..

DEMOCRATS steeltwink. DEMOCRATS. If you don't know WTF you're talking about, STFU tool.

During the Reconstruction period of 1865–1877 federal law provided civil rights protection in the South for "freedmen" — the African Americans who had formerly been slaves. In the 1870s, white Democrats gradually returned to power in southern states, sometimes as a result of elections in which paramilitary groups intimidated opponents, attacking blacks or preventing them from voting. Gubernatorial elections were close and disputed in Louisiana for years, with extreme violence unleashed during the campaign. In 1877 a national compromise to gain southern support in the presidential election resulted in the last of the federal troops being withdrawn from the South. White Democrats had taken back power in every Southern state.[4] The white, Democratic Party Redeemer government that followed the troop withdrawal legislated Jim Crow laws segregating black people from the state's white population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

"Jim Crow" had nothing to do with conservatism. It had and still has everything to do with your beloved @#$%ing racist donkeys.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,030 Times in 1,277 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Everything you said is true.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Gawd aint that the truth?

Quote:
Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1958 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.
My 10 year old grandson had 2 kids gang up on him walking home from the bus last week and he fought back. They punched him repeatedly in the chest and he was defending himself, which is what I've always told him to do. The police were called and though these 2 little bastards are notorious in my daughter's neighborhood for beating up kids younger than they are, it was swept under the rug because my grandson fought back. Back in the day, it would have just been a fight to the finish.

Quote:
Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

I'm a huge fan of bringing paddling back to the schools. I tied Sister Margaret's veil to the seat in 5th grade as she was standing next to the projector in front of me and when she walked forward, off came the veil and it revealed her to be bald except for her bangs. Everyone in the class thought it was funny but after bending over in the Principal's office and getting a couple of good whacks with the paddle that had holes in it, I quickly learned that trying to be a clown in class wasn't all that cool. When I got home that day from school, I got whacked again as the Principal called my Mom. My ass hurt for a week.

If parents can't control their kids in today's world, might I suggest . . .

[YOUTUBE]ejE9FN82O2s[/YOUTUBE]

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #8
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post

Some changes are for the good. A lot are not. The two can be separated, by both conservatives and even liberals.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I'm a huge fan of bringing paddling back to the schools. I tied Sister Margaret's veil to the seat in 5th grade as she was standing next to the projector in front of me and when she walked forward, off came the veil and it revealed her to be bald except for her bangs. Everyone in the class thought it was funny but after bending over in the Principal's office and getting a couple of good whacks with the paddle that had holes in it, I quickly learned that trying to be a clown in class wasn't all that cool. When I got home that day from school, I got whacked again as the Principal called my Mom. My ass hurt for a week.
Well done!! Well done!! I'm confident that yours was an impressive body of work.

I am the man I am today because I got my butt pounded for at least some of my infractions. It's good for the soul. Little boys, especially, need a good "lickin" on a regular basis to keep them familiar with the command structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Some changes are for the good. A lot are not. The two can be separated, by both conservatives and even liberals.
Liberals have difficulty making that separation.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #10
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Scenario 9
Billy decides to hang up a picture of Jesus in the lobby of his business

1958: Life goes on

2010: The ACLU sues Billy's business and he loses a lot of money for his business

Lesson: Progressives are idiots seeking control over everybody's lives
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote