Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
thermoman
Water Boy

Member Number: 15924
Default if the steelers really want spoon at 18?

with dansby going to miami and denver i believe goes offensive, they could use an offensive lineman like iupati or davis or a wide receiver if bryant falls to 11,,,, that leaves mcclain...... i could see him slipping to 15 and if he does that means the giants will grab him bigtime,, he will not make it past ny,, and tomlins seems to prefer spoon over mclain ( Just my opinion) anyways,,,,, so if tomlin really loves spoon..... at pick 18.... i see him sitting there for the plucking, cause i do not see a trade up, cause i believe tomlin is targeting spoon, not mclain at 18 ( IMO)
thermoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: if the steelers really want spoon at 18?

Tomlin doesn't prefer Spoon and he hasn't said that to my liking.

And it would be like the Timmons mistake passing McClain up for Weatherspoon
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
thermoman
Water Boy

super fly, you obviously do not belong to the steel city insiders,,,,, it is a paid board you have to pay to get in it,,,,,,, and it has a great article by jim wexall the steelers beat writer, , , , about the steelers and tomlin be real high on spoon..... so suscribe, read it and then we will talk about spoon they........ love him........
Old 03-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermoman View Post
super fly, you obviously do not belong to the steel city insiders,,,,, it is a paid board you have to pay to get in it,,,,,,, and it has a great article by jim wexall the steelers beat writer, , , , about the steelers and tomlin be real high on spoon..... so suscribe, read it and then we will talk about spoon they........ love him........
They won't want a loudmouth like Joey Porter again. Joey was a special special player (could weatherspoon become a special player yes but i doubt it not the point you don't get a Joey Porter every new decade it's a rarity for anew Peezy to come around) he talked smack and back it up but Weatherspoon was talking full of himself at a Combine. A Major turnoff to scouts. I find him annoying if i was James Harrison and someone was loud mouthing all the way through practise it would get irratable.

Im not subscribing to that crap last year those people said we were real high on Laurinitis, Pat White, SeaN Smith whom all passed up........ I'm sure Mike Tomlin is high on most first round prospects because one of them are the next to be in our organisation. And if he wants to pick Spoon well can do what he did to Lawrence Timmons and try change him to a different position and waste him in this case Timmoms career of 3 years.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
thermoman
Water Boy

they were never high on laurinitis,,white,,, smith,,,,,, and as for his mouth,, tomlin said he needs a vocal leader, and loved his vocals at the senior bowl, it is all in the steel city insider,,,,,,,,,,, tomlin loves his mouth.......... period....... time for some SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OON
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
thermoman
Water Boy

DIFFERENT POSITION? he kicked butt at the senior bowl......... playing , yes........ MIDDLE LINEBACKER
Old 03-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
they were never high on laurinitis,,white,,, smith,,,,,, and as for his mouth,, tomlin said he needs a vocal leader, and loved his vocals at the senior bowl, it is all in the steel city insider,,,,,,,,,,, tomlin loves his mouth.......... period....... time for some SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OON
Really THey were never high on Laurinitis although Dick Lebeau publicly said he would like him, how often does he publicly tout draft picks

Look at how much of a beast Laurnitis is compared to Timmons, what a waste of a pick we should of just selected Woodley in the first round.

They obviously didn't have a backup plan on draft day

Quote:
“They told me they were going to draft me in the 15th spot,” Revis said. “I thought I was going to be a Steeler.”
Revis said defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau told him of the Steelers’ intentions to use their first draft pick of the Mike Tomlin era on him if he were still in the board.
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...-be-a-steeler/

It's clear they didn't have a backup plan to the fullest and drafted Timmons. A head scratcher.

Quote:
Laurinaitis said every time he sees Pittsburgh Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, the former Buckeye says "I hope you slip to us," at the last pick in the first round, No. 32. Laurinaitis said he'd be honored to join the Super Bowl champs
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.s...es_laurin.html

Timmons is not a bust right now, won't be one but i am struggling to see when he will get his breakout year.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
DIFFERENT POSITION? he kicked butt at the senior bowl......... playing , yes........ MIDDLE LINEBACKER
Welcome to the NFL Buddy. The Game is alot different.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

Tomlin understands the "swagger" some players have. He's talked about it in his press conferences when once asked about our cornerbacks and the jawing/celebrating guys like Gay and Ike do.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidi29 View Post
Tomlin understands the "swagger" some players have. He's talked about it in his press conferences when once asked about our cornerbacks and the jawing/celebrating guys like Gay and Ike do.
Theres a "little" difference with celebrating a play which did not happen last year on the field compared to the deafining voice of a continous loop of a voice booming throughout the room.