Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
thermoman
Water Boy

Member Number: 15924
Default Re: if the steelers really want spoon at 18?

i would rather have tomlin,,,,,,, be in love with me than lebeau.....( laurinitis) last i looked TOMLIN has the final say,,,,,,, or is lebeau head man now? tomlin obviously did not lie laurinitis like he does spoon or he would be a steeler period...... TOMLIN said hey DICK,no.......... to LAURINITIS................SORRY
thermoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #12
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

I don't understand the Timmons hate. It became clear last year that he was drafted as the future ILB. Timmons played well for his first year starting and is the most athletic ILB we've had in quite awhile. He isn't the typical thumper we've been accustomed to seeing but will continue to improve, especially against the run, and hopefully won't have any ankle troubles holding him back.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermoman View Post
i would rather have tomlin,,,,,,, be in love with me than lebeau.....( laurinitis) last i looked TOMLIN has the final say,,,,,,, or is lebeau head man now? tomlin obviously did not lie laurinitis like he does spoon or he would be a steeler period...... TOMLIN said hey DICK,no.......... to LAURINITIS................SORRY
I wouldn't say no to Dick Lebeau. Only a fool would do that.

I would leave Dick Lebeau to decide who my defensive picks were because he makes the playbook he fits the jigsaws into the puzzle.

Quote:
tomlin obviously did not lie laurinitis like he does spoon or he would be a steeler period
That doesn't make sense didn not lie laurinitis like he does spoon? ?????????

What are you to be Sorry about lol it's a discussion we will have our disagreements did i want Laurinitis not really.

Quote:
I don't understand the Timmons hate. It became clear last year that he was drafted as the future ILB. Timmons played well for his first year starting and is the most athletic ILB we've had in quite awhile. He isn't the typical thumper we've been accustomed to seeing but will continue to improve, especially against the run, and hopefully won't have any ankle troubles holding him back.
Im not hating on Timmons i hate why we selected him as a 1st rounder. I hope he improves against the run or Ray Rice will be running all over us for the next 10 years. But when he got owned and run over on the goaline on national t.v. on prime time. That stays with you forever.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
thermoman
Water Boy

yes....... dicks defense kicked ass last year........ they were awesome...... dick has had his good days........... you saw our d it SUCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Old 03-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #15
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermoman View Post
yes....... dicks defense kicked ass last year........ they were awesome...... dick has had his good days........... you saw our d it SUCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Our defense didn't sucked compared to the league's we were ranked 5th. You must not appreciate his schemes and knowledge and services to the games. Maybe your a fair weather fan I don't know.

Dick Lebeau's Defense Under the Steelers

1995: 3rd. 285.1 PPG
1996: 2nd. 272.6 PPG
2004: 1st 258.4 PPG
2005: 4th 284.0 PPG
2006: 9th 300.3 PPG
2007: 1st 266.4 PPG
2008: 1st 237.2 PPG
2009: 5th 305.3 PPG

Not once in his 8 years has he had a defense ranked 10th or higher.

Overall in those years his defense has given up 276.1 yards per game (official) 80 per run and around 197 passing yards (assumptions didnt calculate)

So obviously the Legendary Defensive Co-Ordinator's schemes do work. It doesn't help when Ike Taylor tries a feeble push out of bounds when the receiver gains balances and goes 70 yards for a touchdown.

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 03-06-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
thermoman
Water Boy

IF YOU HATE SPOON,,,,,,,,,,,,, TELL TOMLIN,,,,,,, HE IS THE GUY THAT HAS THE FINAL DECISION,,,, I CANT HELP IT THAT TOMLIN......... LOVESSSSSSSSSSS SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Defenses Since Lebeau Left in 1996 and coming back in 2004

1997: 6th 294.1
1998: 12th 310.2
1999: 11th 305.2
2000: 7th 294.6
2001: 1st 258.6
2002: 7th 302.2
2003: 9th 298.9

Dick Lebeau's defenses have been far better.

This defenses gave up on average 294.8 with less years.

On average Dick Lebeau's defense was ranked 3rd Overall. Without it drops to 7th.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

No chance we take Spoon at 18, Tomlin isn't that dumb. The only way we take Spoon is if we trade down. Why would Tomlin take someone that high that will only play back up and special teams for two years? The biggest need will be FS with Clark most likely not coming back, and with Rolle signing with the Giants we have an even better shot at drafting Earl Thomas. If both Thomas and Spoon are on the board at 18, it's an easy decision on who to take. If Thomas is gone i see him taking an OL at 18 or trading down and possibly taking Spoon. If that happens i won't be too mad, but i do really hope we draft Earl Thomas who will make an instant impact and can learn from the absolute best, Troy Polamalu.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #19
thermoman
Water Boy

SPOOON, may go to the giants at 15,,,,,,,,, so 18 is not a reach,, his stock is booming
Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #20
xXTheSteelKingsXx
Team Owner

Member Number: 5803

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS43Polamalu View Post
No chance we take Spoon at 18, Tomlin isn't that dumb. The only way we take Spoon is if we trade down. Why would Tomlin take someone that high that will only play back up and special teams for two years? The biggest need will be FS with Clark most likely not coming back, and with Rolle signing with the Giants we have an even better shot at drafting Earl Thomas. If both Thomas and Spoon are on the board at 18, it's an easy decision on who to take. If Thomas is gone i see him taking an OL at 18 or trading down and possibly taking Spoon. If that happens i won't be too mad, but i do really hope we draft Earl Thomas who will make an instant impact and can learn from the absolute best, Troy Polamalu.
You mean playing backup the way Timmons Hood and Mendenhall all did? That is the way the Steelers do things. Rookie always sit and learn. Whether we draft Weatherspoon or Thomas it is highly unlikely either would make a substantial impact in their rookie season.