Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default QB?

Depending on how things develop in the criminal sphere, it might be time to draft some depth behind Dixon... just saying...

Any third- or fourth-round QBs of interest?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,628 Times in 2,873 Posts
Default Re: QB?

this is the scenario i think many on this board who are sick of ben would prefer-

trade ben to the browns or cardinals for matt leinart/brady quinn.

select clausen with a 1st pick.

voila... problems solved.

we may not sniff a superbowl for the next 15 years but atleast we wouldnt have to hear other teams fans calling our qb "rapistburger".
Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

If we take one, it'll be late. Guys like Dixon and St. Pierre were taken in the 5th.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

I like that Kid from West Virginia, he should be around in the 5th
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
wdsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15938

if you want a new QB. trade Ben to the Skins for picks round 1 pick 4 ,round 4 pick 103, S Laron Landry and maybe round 7 pick 215 if thats to not to much.. then we can pick Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen. troy and landry in the backfield..woot!
wdsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i think dixon could be really good. he was great in college and was predicted to go in the 1st before hurting himself. he can throw plus has the breakaway spead to take it home on any play. i wouldnt mind turning back into a running team
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

You don't just trade your QB after he leads you to two Super Bowl victories. Why would a man worth over 100 Million sexually assault or rape someone? These little twits are in it for the money, it happens every day now, some poor guy gets accused of sexual assault and his life is ruined, even though he really did nothing. They spend YEARS and LOT'S of money trying to prove themselves innocent, and even IF they succeed in doing so, it's still stuck with them for life. I've seen it too many times, and it's absolutely pathetic. IF he for some reason did do it then yes trade him, but you're innocent until proven guilty even though it will be stuck with him for life.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS43Polamalu View Post
You don't just trade your QB after he leads you to two Super Bowl victories. Why would a man worth over 100 Million sexually assault or rape someone? These little twits are in it for the money, it happens every day now, some poor guy gets accused of sexual assault and his life is ruined, even though he really did nothing. They spend YEARS and LOT'S of money trying to prove themselves innocent, and even IF they succeed in doing so, it's still stuck with them for life. I've seen it too many times, and it's absolutely pathetic. IF he for some reason did do it then yes trade him, but you're innocent until proven guilty even though it will be stuck with him for life.
What do you think happens more often: a woman being sexually assaulted? Or a woman lying to the police, her family and friends about being sexually assaulted? Where exactly do you come off saying "I've seen it too many times"? How is it that you are so well-placed, so often, to be able to make such a pronouncement? This doesn't speak too well of you, I dare say.

As for Ben, what can I say? It's not like he's my (or your) best friend. I have no idea what he's capable of doing off of the field, and neither do you. What does his money have to do with rape?

So far I like Tony's suggestion the best, although BKAnthem's idea of drafting yet another WVU QB is certainly intriguing, in some bizarre, obsessive-compulsive way. Choices, choices...
Old 03-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #9
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
What do you think happens more often: a woman being sexually assaulted? Or a woman lying to the police, her family and friends about being sexually assaulted? Where exactly do you come off saying "I've seen it too many times"? How is it that you are so well-placed, so often, to be able to make such a pronouncement? This doesn't speak too well of you, I dare say.

As for Ben, what can I say? It's not like he's my (or your) best friend. I have no idea what he's capable of doing off of the field, and neither do you. What does his money have to do with rape?

So far I like Tony's suggestion the best, although BKAnthem's idea of drafting yet another WVU QB is certainly intriguing, in some bizarre, obsessive-compulsive way. Choices, choices...

Sadly sexual assault does happen all the time, but you would be VERY surprised at how many times the person lies or completely over exaggerates. I have seen it many times, the person will try and blackmail to get money and try to file charges, once the so called assaulter counter charges and takes it to court the "victim" will more often then not drop the charges and it will for the most part be done with. I don't have to be "well-placed", it happens every day in courts, the "victim" ends up dropping all charges because they now have a chance to be exposed as a fraud and liar. I do feel bad for the people that are sexually assaulted but it's hard when you've felt bad for people that say they were, only to find out they lied only for money and to make the other persons life miserable. I know it's hard for you to understand, but until you know or have seen someone lie like that to destroy someone else, you won't know how Ben feels. More often then not when it involves someone rich (like Ben) it's about the money, and they don't care whose life they ruin to get it. Ben has said both cases were untrue, but if he is proven guilty, then yes get him the hell off the team, even kick him out of the league because i wouldn't be able to cheer for a QB that did those things and lied about it.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,628 Times in 2,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post

oops... i slightly misspoke. they would gladly trade quinn/leinart AND their 1st round pick this year for big ben.

but i think you understood thats what i was getting at.