Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default Assuming the very worst possible outcome w/ the BB case

How do you feel about our chances with Dennis Dixon at the helm? Oregon was an entirely different team when he was out due to injury and he showed some talent in his start against Baltimore this year. So what do you think the sky is falling or we'll be fine?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
KYsteelfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13639
Default Re: Assuming the very worst possible outcome w/ the BB case

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
How do you feel about our chances with Dennis Dixon at the helm? Oregon was an entirely different team when he was out due to injury and he showed some talent in his start against Baltimore this year. So what do you think the sky is falling or we'll be fine?
if the worst comes to pass, grab an umbrella, the sky will be falling. they would be a decent team at best, with out him. maybe 8-8 but so much of our offense, with our lacking runnign game, runs through Big Ben. so i just dont see any offensive production with out him. lets just hope and pray for the best. i still think that that theres something fishy with this girl

"I AM HIP HOP!" - Shouted on campus by John Wall
KYsteelfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
M.C. Smith
Water Boy

Member Number: 15916

Wow, how many different Roethlisberger threads are there going to be? There is a 0% chance of Dennis Dixon being this team's starting quarterback come Week One of the regular season. Without question, Ben will be under center when the season begins.

M.C. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
theplatypus
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Smith View Post
Wow, how many different Roethlisberger threads are there going to be? There is a 0% chance of Dennis Dixon being this team's starting quarterback come Week One of the regular season. Without question, Ben will be under center when the season begins.
THis isn't a Roelisberger thread this is a Dennis Dixon thread. If(IF) he's charged, unless the charges are dropped or miraculously make it through the court system in 6 months he won't be under center when the season begins and that leaves us with Dixon or Batch. So the question remains. Is the sky falling or will we be fine?
Old 03-07-2010, 11:01 AM   #5
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
THis isn't a Roelisberger thread this is a Dennis Dixon thread. If(IF) he's charged, unless the charges are dropped or miraculously make it through the court system in 6 months he won't be under center when the season begins and that leaves us with Dixon or Batch. So the question remains. Is the sky falling or will we be fine?
Why wont he? the last case didnt effect him and hes not been cleared of that yet, so whys this different?
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
theplatypus
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
Why wont he? the last case didnt effect him and hes not been cleared of that yet, so whys this different?
Apples and oranges
One is a civil case and one is a criminal case. You can bring a civil case against just about anyone for just about anything, a criminal case requires the police department and the States Attorney.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

The sky is always falling in Steeler land. It won't matter if BB is our QB or not, people will find something to complain about anyway. This just takes some of the heat off of Arians lol.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5784

I think Dixon will be good, but I'm sure we will have to go through growing pains early on. I just hope it doesn't take a season to work it out.
Kaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #9
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

The Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) is a semi-aquatic mammal endemic to eastern Australia, including Tasmania.

To be serious Dennis Dixon would be great. He's far better than Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #10
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

If Ben is charged expect the NFL to hand down a suspension.

My guess is Ben will be charged for a crime. It might not be sexual assault, but I highly doubt the DA in that town is going to let this go with out criminal charges. The women went immediately to the Police and was sent to the hospital. Sure its' entirely possible she took advantage of the moment and had sex w/ Ben with the intention of getting rich off it. What kind of person would do that I don't know...but if she is that kind of person that will come out. There would be others who could testify that this women is a psycho. If she's a normal person then you really have to think there is something to the allegations. If there is you also have to think maybe Ben did do something w/ that other woman accusing him of the same thing.

Frankly it does not sound good for Ben at all. I am not going to assume she's nuts. Ben had no business being in a college club trying to screw a 20 year old in the bathroom. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a Tiger Woods type thing.

If there is no evidence of rape, they can still charge him w/ other things.

I will be shocked if Ben is not suspended next season.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote