Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default Should Ben be suspended?

OK, I know some of you will laugh and shake you're head at even the suggestion of Ben being suspended, but I believe their could be merit for it, and you need look no farther than Pacman Jones. At the time Jones was suspended by Goodell, he had not been convicted of anything. There were only charges and allegations. To this day, the only coviction Jones has is for felony obstruction and that came long after his suspension. Goodell didn't suspend Jones because he was found guilty of anything, but for his alleged repeated actions. Here's what Goodell said about the suspension....

"We must protect the integrity of the NFL," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "The highest standards of conduct must be met by everyone in the NFL because it is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right. These players, and all members of our league, have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."

In a letter to the player, Goodell wrote: "Your conduct has brought embarrassment and ridicule upon yourself, your club, and the NFL, and has damaged the reputation of players throughout the league. You have put in jeopardy an otherwise promising NFL career, and have risked both your own safety and the safety of others through your off-field actions. In each of these respects, you have engaged in conduct detrimental to the NFL and failed to live up to the standards expected of NFL players. Taken as a whole, this conduct warrants significant sanction."

Haven't Ben's actions, whether criminal or not, brought embarrassment upon himself, the Steelers and the League? Remember that you don't have to be charged with anything to be suspended! I think this may be something that Goodell has to look at, if he hasn't already. I personally like Ben as a player, but his conduct off the field has been at the very least..immature, embarrassing, and selfish!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,058 Times in 3,446 Posts
Default Re: Should Ben be suspended?

he should suspend all players for going to the clubs and leading promiscuous lives right before him and the owners lock them out.

screw goodell.

Quote:
but his conduct off the field has been at the very least..immature, embarrassing, and selfish!

under these guidelines, chad johnson (and many others) has earned a lifetime ban.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

My guess is IF he's charged then either Goodell or the Steelers themselves will suspend him pending the outcome of the case.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

IF he is charged i would bet tony paycheck the steelers FO will suspend him. That is just the steelers way.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
he should suspend all players for going to the clubs and leading promiscuous lives right before him and the owners lock them out.

screw goodell.

under these guidelines, chad johnson (and many others) has earned a lifetime ban.
I wish Chad would get a lifetime ban!!! One less headache!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
Chidi29
Starter

Member Number: 15832

Pacman has been arrested and charged multiple times. Neither has happended with Ben.
Chidi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,664 Times in 616 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

If Roethlisberger is convicted in criminal court, then I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers cut him.

If he's acquitted in criminal court, he should be deactivated for four games by the team.

If he never goes to criminal court, then he should be deactivated for two games as a warning that nobody's going to put up with his shit anymore.
Gnutella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
but his conduct off the field has been at the very least..immature, embarrassing, and selfish!
Quote:
Best post of the day!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
If Roethlisberger is convicted in criminal court, then I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers cut him.

If he's acquitted in criminal court, he should be deactivated for four games by the team.

If he never goes to criminal court, then he should be deactivated for two games as a warning that nobody's going to put up with his shit anymore.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers do something drastic to at least get his attention.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
SteelerFanInStl
Team Captain

Member Number: 2162

This has already been discussed at length in the other Ben sexual assault threads.
SteelerFanInStl is offline   Reply With Quote