Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823
Default Sideline Scouting 4-round mock

All updated as of tonight. Make sure to check out the long list of interviews and columns we've been working diligently on. Also, click on over to the combine results tab. Thanks for the support, guys! Enjoy.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/mock/
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759
Default Re: Sideline Scouting 4-round mock

Love Earl Thomas. But his name seems to be on a fast rise and could go way earlier than excepted on draft day. Would be happy if we stole him though.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
SS43Polamalu
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15886

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
All updated as of tonight. Make sure to check out the long list of interviews and columns we've been working diligently on. Also, click on over to the combine results tab. Thanks for the support, guys! Enjoy.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/mock/
Very nice! Love our pick
Old 03-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #4
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Make sure you guys check out the other three rounds we pounded out tonight. I think you'll like the other Steelers picks. As the Steelers fan of the site, I know I liked them a lot. Thanks for the support, guys.

Last edited by jonslow; 03-08-2010 at 09:38 AM.
jonslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759

Like the Ghee pick as well. But I think we wait too long to pick up lineman. I understand you can find quality starters in the later rounds, but I don't think picking a NT over one would be good right now.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #6
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerNation12 View Post
Like the Ghee pick as well. But I think we wait too long to pick up lineman. I understand you can find quality starters in the later rounds, but I don't think picking a NT over one would be good right now.
Based on how the picks came off the board, I didn't feel there were many quality offensive linemen available in the third round. We could have gone with a guard or center, but tackle is more of a positional need, and no one warranted that third-round choice in my opinion. I felt that Troup was a better value in the third, especially after so many NTs already came off the board.

Ideally, I'd love to do the Steelers picks first and then do every other team's picks, but I can't really do that. Perhaps our final seven-rounder will work out differently.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

I wouldn't have a problem with Ghee...I liked the guy in college along with Wilson from Boise State.....but recently I'm liking the addition of Chris Cook more than Ghee in the 2nd round......but thats just my opinion.....what do you think of Cook being our 2nd round selection?? I really haven't heard a lot about this guy during the college season but he really started shooting up draft boards @ the senior bowl and at the combine!!! So I'm curious on what you think of this guy(Cook)??
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:14 AM   #8
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztroy43 View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with Ghee...I liked the guy in college along with Wilson from Boise State.....but recently I'm liking the addition of Chris Cook more than Ghee in the 2nd round......but thats just my opinion.....what do you think of Cook being our 2nd round selection?? I really haven't heard a lot about this guy during the college season but he really started shooting up draft boards @ the senior bowl and at the combine!!! So I'm curious on what you think of this guy(Cook)??
I really like Cook. He's got great size and ran really well at the combine (4.46-40). He's had some major injury issues in the past, though, and missed 2008 for academic reasons, so his ability to play every week has come into question some. He was actually not one of the DBs that made an impression on me during Senior Bowl week, but that's not a bad thing. He didn't shine, but he also did nothing to raise any concerns to me. I see him as more of a third-round talent based on injury/intelligence concerns, but his size and speed make him very versatile. A team may take a flyer on him late in the second for those reasons.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 AM   #9
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
I really like Cook. He's got great size and ran really well at the combine (4.46-40). He's had some major injury issues in the past, though, and missed 2008 for academic reasons, so his ability to play every week has come into question some. He was actually not one of the DBs that made an impression on me during Senior Bowl week, but that's not a bad thing. He didn't shine, but he also did nothing to raise any concerns to me. I see him as more of a third-round talent based on injury/intelligence concerns, but his size and speed make him very versatile. A team may take a flyer on him late in the second for those reasons.
yeah thats the knock on him...he does raise some red flags but like u said someone will probably take a chance on him in the late 2nd.......or maybe the Raiders with their 2nd round pick.....
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:35 AM   #10
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,312 Times in 1,410 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think you done a great job and I am hoping Thomas does fall to us. That is the guy I have been wanting from day one.