Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Exclamation Troy and Hines miss practice, still probable..

just got this alert from MSN..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...40813162&ATT=5

DETROIT (AP) - Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu missed a portion of practice again Friday because of a sore ankle, but remains listed as probable for the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Polamalu woke up Thursday with a sore ankle and, after being examined by team trainers, underwent an MRI exam.

"There was nothing really there," coach Bill Cowher said Friday. "Now he'll feel better. He'll be fine by Sunday."

Before practice began Friday at the Silverdome, Polamalu playfully lined up as a quarterback with several teammates and simulated throwing passes.

Wide receiver Hines Ward sat out the last half of practice with a sore shoulder, but only for precautionary reasons, according to Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett. Ward was not added to the team's daily injury report, the last before Sunday's game against Seattle.

Defensive end Travis Kirschke (groin), fullback Dan Kreider (knee) and linebacker James Harrison (ankle) also missed part of practice, but Kirschke and Kreider were upgraded from questionable to probable. Harrison remains listed as probable.

Friday was the Steelers' final full-scale practice before their second Super Bowl in 26 years. They will be limited to a walkthrough session Saturday.

TOP STORIES
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,256 Times in 3,627 Posts
Default Re: Troy and Hines miss practice, still probable..

I assume (hope?) this sort of news would not even be reported if it was a regular season game.

As other posters have noted, Troy obviously will play - however, it is his burst that makes him a force of nature on the field, not his size or strength. If his ankle is sore that can't help.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

I think the whole Troy thing has been blown way out of proportion by the media, the guy woke up with a sore ankle!!!! who hasnt woken up with a crick in their back or a sore arm from just sleepin on it wrong?!?! So I'm not worried about it at all...
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Yep, but you know the NFL, any kinda hype they can find.. even if its that Travis Kirschke wakes up to find any empty pizza box on his floor, is gonna make breaking new..

Im not worried about any of them, and it will especially be good to get Harrison back on defense and ST.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:00 PM   #5
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Much ado about nothing...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
aphiz
Water Boy

Member Number: 1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
As other posters have noted, Troy obviously will play - however, it is his burst that makes him a force of nature on the field, not his size or strength. If his ankle is sore that can't help.
def true, hope its jus hype. check out what bill simmons wrote in his article

I kept the Pittsburgh-Indy game on my TiVo and watched the fourth quarter about 10 times before finally erasing it...Somewhere along the line, I started trying to figure out why the Colts had such a problem blocking the Steelers in that game, since it seems logical that any accomplished NFL team should be able to contain a blitz. So I'm studying each play, even slow-moing some of the blitzes, and eventually, I realized something...

It was all Troy Polamalu.

Manning's fatal flaw is the way he audibles at the line like an OCD victim who can't leave his kitchen until everything on the counter is perfectly arranged. Against most teams, this would be fine; he's almost always going to come up with the right read. But someone like Polamalu is Manning's Kryptonite, and here's why: No defensive player in the history of football can sprint from Point A to Point B faster than Polamalu. There's no way for someone like Manning to prepare for him, no audible that can be called. Polamalu would wait until Manning received the snap, wait for the Indy blockers to commit to their assignments, then unleash his delayed blitz into the open area. The thing is, even on a delayed blitz, he could still reach Manning faster than any other Steeler. Since Manning can't move around, he was screwed. More importantly, he knew he was screwed. And once Polamalu got into his head, the Manning Face kicked in, and that was that.

I have watched some memorable safeties over the years, with Ronnie Lott being the best. But I can't remember anyone playing like Polamalu during these playoffs. He's a freak of nature. So is he slowly redefining the safety position the same way LT redefined the linebacker position once upon a time? Or is he just having a really good run? These are the things I want to know.

good stuff, go sports guy
aphiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Troy will be fine
Hines will be fine
All 53 players will be fine.......with or without the help of drugs to numb any type of pain.
Same goes for Seahawks.......
all players will be fine and will play in this game........
Its gonna be a great one.......
Old 02-04-2006, 07:45 AM   #8
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

I sure hope so, Troy is needed very much so...i dunno I just hope he is cool.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
I assume (hope?) this sort of news would not even be reported if it was a regular season game.

Unfortunately, your right!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #10
blitzburghXL
Water Boy

Member Number: 1567

We all know that even if his ankle's still sore, they'll shoot him with painkillers and he'll be the same old Troy we've seen for the last 4 weeks.
blitzburghXL is offline   Reply With Quote