Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #1
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Steelers sign an OT

Quote:
Also, the Steelers have reached contract agreement with former Buffalo Bills tackle Jonathan Scott (6-foot-6, 318), an unrestricted free agent who started eight games for the Bills in 2009. Scott will be reunited with the Steelers' new offensive line coach, Sean Kugler, who coached in Buffalo last season.

Read more: http://post-gazette.com/pg/10067/104...#ixzz0hetOz3oL
http://post-gazette.com/pg/10067/1041133-100.stm

i didn't see this posted. i see posts on randle el, arnaz and allen, but nothing on jonathan scott.

what a surprise, he's an ex-lion
Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15759
Default Re: Steelers sign an OT

He was a great college player. But never really lived up to anything in the NFL. Who knows, he may take off here. But was was likely just brought in for depth and because he knows Kugler system
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:10 AM   #3
Steeldude
Living Legend

i agree.

i think hills will be cut
Old 03-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

This is also insurace if somebody signs Colon despite the 1st round tender. (Maybe SFO would do this as they have 2)

I think we could carry Hills and Scott as backup. We normally have 2 backups who can play some tackle.

Last year was Hills and Essex. If Essex gets bumped from RG by Urbik etc, maybe Essex, Scott this year?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i think hills will be cut before scott
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Maybe he's auditioning for next year because we're worried about our ability to keep Colon longer than that?

Or, I agree it's pretty likely this means we've decided Hills is useless.

For all the talk about how we never do anything in free agency, we've sure gone out and filled some holes. Granted, mostly holes at the backup positions, but what else do you expect when you have the whole team back.

Man -- aside from the fact that our QB apparently wishes he still lived in a frat house, this has been a pretty kick-ass start to the offseason. We've literally got all 22 starters back, it looks like we're finally getting rid of Parker, and it also looks like we're being way more decisive than usual about clearing out those marginal guys who aren't pulling their weight (Sweed, Carter -- I'm looking at you).

I just wonder with this going on, how are we going to find space for all the guys we draft? We can't put them all on the practice squad.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Honestly, I would love for someone to sign Colon. the draft is nice for Oline ths year. Thats if we are to get the pick for this year, lol. I'mnot sure this guy is a good replacement, but the draft could fill it fairly easy.

If not this year than I rather keep him.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

It's good to see that they're adding more depth to the charts and with Kugler being here, it could make things easier for the both of them.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #9
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Maybe he's auditioning for next year because we're worried about our ability to keep Colon longer than that?

Or, I agree it's pretty likely this means we've decided Hills is useless.

For all the talk about how we never do anything in free agency, we've sure gone out and filled some holes. Granted, mostly holes at the backup positions, but what else do you expect when you have the whole team back.

Man -- aside from the fact that our QB apparently wishes he still lived in a frat house, this has been a pretty kick-ass start to the offseason. We've literally got all 22 starters back, it looks like we're finally getting rid of Parker, and it also looks like we're being way more decisive than usual about clearing out those marginal guys who aren't pulling their weight (Sweed, Carter -- I'm looking at you).

I just wonder with this going on, how are we going to find space for all the guys we draft? We can't put them all on the practice squad.
I think if we draft a corner or guard/center like Iupati/Pouncey, they would start soon. I don't think William Gay is the answer opposite Ike Taylor, although I will ease off him a little since it was his first year starting.. And I think Hartwig is one of the reasons our running game struggles.. he just doesn't have the size to get a push against guys like Haloti Ngata
Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Honestly, I would love for someone to sign Colon. the draft is nice for Oline ths year. Thats if we are to get the pick for this year, lol. I'mnot sure this guy is a good replacement, but the draft could fill it fairly easy.

If not this year than I rather keep him.
If someone signed Colon this year, our starting tackles would probably be Starks and Essex, with Scott and a rookie as the backups.

Not that anyone is going to sign Colon. They'd have to be crazy. Since, as you pointed out, this year has a really strong draft class, why wouldn't they just keep their first-round pick and draft a guy who's likely to be even better? I like Colon, but it's not hard to imagine that if you take an OT in the first or second round, he'll turn out to be just as good.