Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
wdsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15938
Default Isaac Redman or draft a rb.

we have Mendy..moore..tank...logan..and johnson. how late or what running back would you draft..i would like to see Redman on the active roster. Liked what he did last year and another pre-season might be all he needs...

If we do draft a rb i like Toby Gerhart in the 3rd..Thick build and charges into the line..who be a nice complementary power back.. 6-01/2 235. 40time 4.6

Also like Ben Tate.auburn hes 5-10 213. 40time 4.5 , can run..catch and block. could be a good backup and role player..last i know he is projected 4or5.
wdsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,580 Posts
Default Re: Isaac Redman or draft a rb.

personally i'd like to see them give summers a chance to actually carry the ball...you know...like he did in college..
i just don't get arians goofy idea's of putting players in positions they never played before... if you want a fullback..DRAFT A FULLBACK !!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

I dunno...A lot of people on this board co-sign Arians so....i mean wasn't dude fired by the Browns?
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

i dont know like um didnt chuck noll coach for cleveland and um hmm did cowher play for cleveland and then get cut/fired? um humm hmmm what is your point? This is a thread about issac redman

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
SteelerFanInStl
Team Captain

Member Number: 2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
personally i'd like to see them give summers a chance to actually carry the ball...you know...like he did in college..
i just don't get arians goofy idea's of putting players in positions they never played before... if you want a fullback..DRAFT A FULLBACK !!!
Agreed. I think that Tank could be the short yardage guy that we need but they gotta give him a chance. A high draft pick on a RB this year is a waste IMO.
SteelerFanInStl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Johnson is not a RB...he is a blocking TE...that lines up at FB...McHugh is the same too...though i'd rather him carry the ball than Johnson. Logan is the PR/KR and is listed as a WR, not RB...though i'd like to see him back at RB some. So really we only have Mendy, Moore, and Summers...with Redman and the camp body of Vincent.

I would like to see Summers at RB instead of FB...which is is natural spot...i think he'd be more dangerous there. If he can actually play FB and look good doing it, fine...he can play at both positions. Any back we have could run on short yardage plays...but the whole big back/etc for short yardage i think Summers can fill that position easily.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
i dont know like um didnt chuck noll coach for cleveland and um hmm did cowher play for cleveland and then get cut/fired? um humm hmmm what is your point? This is a thread about issac redman
Umm...Cowher was a player on a very good Cleveland team and coached on very good Cleveland Teams he didn't get fired, he got hired By the Steelers...I don't know the record of Nolls teams with Cleveland, before my time, but I'm sure he didn't coach there.....Arians Coached on bad Cleveland teams that didn't improve and he got fired...my point was his use of personnel and formations is questionable, And i was agreeing with his misuse i think of Summers ...but people here still co sign him maybe because Ben makes him look good...
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #8
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

I say let's draft a RB in round 4 if a decent one is available because we gonna have complimentary picks so we can afford.Let Frank Summers compete in both RB and FB area to see what he's made of.

Although I dont think they have much plan for Summers in the near future I wish Im wrong because I think the guy may have some potential if we give him the chance.

So we would have Mewelde Moore,Mendenhall,Summers,the new RB,Redman,Vincent in camp.I say we keep 4 of them because we want to run the ball more.(plus dont forget we can afford to keep 3 RB and 1 RB/FB like Summers and use a TE also like McHugh or Johnson at FB if needed.

But for the question,in the end I think Redman will end up on the PS again.
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:00 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,409 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I would say give Reman a shot but I still think we need to draft one in the later rounds just in case he can't handle it.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirels3 View Post
Give Redman a chance. I was at the last preseason game he played in and did well. Redzone Redman.
Kind of reminds me of the year that Dante Brown had a great preseason and the Steelers still kept Willie Parker instead of him.

Draft a RB with a 4th round compensatory pick or later and let him compete to make the 53. Nothing special about Redman.