Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663
Default LC wont be a HOF..BULL%&#@

So I'm I right in saying this was LC's last chance on the ballot.
John Madden makes it but LC dosnt...give me a break.

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: LC wont be a HOF..BULL%&#@

what's gay is irvin doesn't make it. **** the voters i hope they all die in their sleep ok well not really, but basing shit off their off the field problems is wrong, it should be based on what they do on it
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
DJfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1676

This is just wrong.

http://www.socalsteelcitymafia.com
DJfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Read Paul Zimmerman's article about the HOF voting at Sports Illustrated Online. He makes the point that 1) this was probably the strongest HOF class ever, and 2) LC seems to keep coming up against Claude Humphries, and they both deserve it but they keep splitting the vote. He feels that Irvin, Greenwood, and Humphries all deserve to be in the HOF and all eventually will get in.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

madden needed to be in!! along with cliff branch ,jim plunkitt, jack tatum, george atkinson, tom flores and tim brown!!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rock
madden needed to be in!! along with cliff branch ,jim plunkitt, jack tatum, george atkinson, tom flores and tim brown!!
Branch yes, Atkinson yes, Tim Brown yes. Plunkett, eh. Flores, eh.

Tatum, I dunno. That "assassin" label that he picked for himself has really cheapened the way people remember one hell of a hard hitting player. I also think that there is an unspoken shunning for the Darryl Stingley incident.

Taking it purely on the numbers and what I remember on the field, I'd put him in. 3 Pro Bowls, longest fumble return in NFL history, 37 interceptions, 9 fumble recoveries, and a lot of guys who wouldn't go over the middle the same way they did against other teams.

Now we might be able to say something about anti-Raiders bias...

I don't know if you know it, but during the '70s the Raiders were most Steelers fans' second favorite team. They were the second most hated (the Cowboys will ALWAYS be the most hated and least respected), and at the same time the second most liked. I loved watching the Raiders. BAM! CRASH! SMASH! It was great. Steelers West.

Tom
Old 02-04-2006, 07:47 PM   #7
Tha rock
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
Branch yes, Atkinson yes, Tim Brown yes. Plunkett, eh. Flores, eh.

Tatum, I dunno. That "assassin" label that he picked for himself has really cheapened the way people remember one hell of a hard hitting player. I also think that there is an unspoken shunning for the Darryl Stingley incident.

Taking it purely on the numbers and what I remember on the field, I'd put him in. 3 Pro Bowls, longest fumble return in NFL history, 37 interceptions, 9 fumble recoveries, and a lot of guys who wouldn't go over the middle the same way they did against other teams.

Now we might be able to say something about anti-Raiders bias...

I don't know if you know it, but during the '70s the Raiders were most Steelers fans' second favorite team. They were the second most hated (the Cowboys will ALWAYS be the most hated and least respected), and at the same time the second most liked. I loved watching the Raiders. BAM! CRASH! SMASH! It was great. Steelers West.

Tom

im lovin it plunk has wo rings branch should be there and tatum is the best there will be as a safety to me flores won two sbs 11 post season trips an stabler one of the best ever come on the raiders are hated thats why we cant get guys in??
Old 02-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rock
im lovin it plunk has wo rings branch should be there and tatum is the best there will be as a safety to me flores won two sbs 11 post season trips an stabler one of the best ever come on the raiders are hated thats why we cant get guys in??

LOL, if the Raiders love being hated so much, why would they care about mainstream acceptance? It's like Blackbeard crying because he isn't in the Maritime HOF!

Youse guys had some great players, some of the best. I'd pick Stabler over Plunkett... Plunkett has 2 rings, but he was well on his way to being a never-was when the Raiders picked him up. 164 TDs, 198 INT/ career completion pct barely over 50%. He just doesn't have the career scratch to make it in, IMO. Maybe if Plunkett had played his whole career as a Raider he'd have it, but he didn't, so he doesn't.

Flores coached for 12 years and had 4 good seasons (not counting the strike year). His last 5 years he went 8-8, 5-10, 2-14, 6-10, 6-10. That's OK, but not HOF stuff... IMO, of course. If he was a HOF coach he'd have turned that crappy Seahawks team around.

But it's all opinion. I agree with you 100% on 3 of them, agree with you on Tatum but don't think he's going to make it for other reasons, and I think the other two guys are good but not good enough to go HOF. That's not bad for two guys of different loyalties from opposite ends of the country argueing over the internet!

Take it easy, enjoy the game man,

Tom
Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

If anybody should be in there it's Dermonti Dawson. Hopefully in the future. Get him and Rod in there before all is said and done.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #10
Tha rock
Starter

[QUOTE=Mosca]LOL, if the Raiders love being hated so much, why would they care about mainstream acceptance? It's like Blackbeard crying because he isn't in the Maritime HOF!

Youse guys had some great players, some of the best. I'd pick Stabler over Plunkett... Plunkett has 2 rings, but he was well on his way to being a never-was when the Raiders picked him up. 164 TDs, 198 INT/ career completion pct barely over 50%. He just doesn't have the career scratch to make it in, IMO. Maybe if Plunkett had played his whole career as a Raider he'd have it, but he didn't, so he doesn't.

Flores coached for 12 years and had 4 good seasons (not counting the strike year). His last 5 years he went 8-8, 5-10, 2-14, 6-10, 6-10. That's OK, but not HOF stuff... IMO, of course. If he was a HOF coach he'd have turned that crappy Seahawks team around.

But it's all opinion. I agree with you 100% on 3 of them, agree with you on Tatum but don't think he's going to make it for other reasons, and I think the other two guys are good but not good enough to go HOF. That's not bad for two guys of different loyalties from opposite ends of the country argueing over the internet!

Take it easy, enjoy the game man,

as long as i see some of those who i named get in its all good!! I wish phil villapiano would get in to and matuzak!!