Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-12-2010, 12:16 PM   #61
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8821
Thanked 1,153 Times in 605 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Re: QB Options if Ben is Suspended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
McCoy is small, can't take a hit. Poor attitude, you seen it on the sideline of the bowl game when he was out and the back up was driving. Cheered very little for his QB. Not the team player we want at qb.

I would rather take a shot on Tebow, at least there may be other options for him in the slot after the fact. He can match up with us taking Haden in the 1st round, LOL Fellow Gator....
However a QB is not what is needed in the 2nd round. BB is going to beat this. Garland is going to make this girl wear her red shoes and click them over and over so she can go back to Kansas.
As long as you're not taking Tebow before the 5th round, I'm in. The guy can't throw, he has terrible mechanics, he flunked his Wunderlich test, and he can't read defenses. Heck, he's not even all that fast, so he'd be a stretch at h-back.
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #62
pittguy578
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15975

The Rooneys or the NFL can't suspend someone without pay based on an allegation that the player is disputing.
I do not see him being charged with the girl being intoxicated and him having two off duty cops in his entourage. The prosecution also has no witnesses. If the defense has two off duty cops in good standing saying they did not see anything go on, charges will probably not be pursued. The girl may not even want to go through with the charges at this point. I am not sure how she also doesn't face charges herself for underage drinking. The cops would look bad if they charge him with assault and it is noted on the police report she was drinking/intoxicated and was not charged. I
pittguy578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #63
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittguy578 View Post
The Rooneys or the NFL can't suspend someone without pay based on an allegation that the player is disputing.
I do not see him being charged with the girl being intoxicated and him having two off duty cops in his entourage. The prosecution also has no witnesses. If the defense has two off duty cops in good standing saying they did not see anything go on, charges will probably not be pursued. The girl may not even want to go through with the charges at this point. I am not sure how she also doesn't face charges herself for underage drinking. The cops would look bad if they charge him with assault and it is noted on the police report she was drinking/intoxicated and was not charged. I
Where did you get that from? Micheal Vick was disputing the charges against him when he was suspended. Goodell absolutely has the power to suspend a player while the player is disputing the charges, if he deems their actions detrimental to the NFL. I'm not saying it is going to happen, and I certainly not in favor of it in this case, but it could happen.

If you are just relying on the suspended without pay part then I'm not sure if suspended players get payed or not. That might depend on the individual players contract. I know with the Vick situation there was a debate on whether certain money was earned before the suspension even if it had not yet been paid. No matter, I think most fans are more interested on whether Ben will be starting the first game of the season, and if not, they won't be much comforted if Ben were still to be getting paid.

Last edited by OneForTheToe; 03-14-2010 at 01:00 AM.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #64
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

I don't have a feel for where this Ben saga is going. I'll bet the Rooneys do. If they are either disgusted enough to pull the Ben rip cord, or if they know this thing is going to deteriorate, if I were them, I'd do the following.

1. Trade Ben to the Skins for Jason Campbell, their 10 #1, and 11 #1. Shanny and Mr Snyder'd dive on that.

2. Trade the 10 Skins #1 pick (#4 overall) to Seattle for their 2nd #1 (#14 overall), and their #2 and #4. That gives Seattle the #4 and #6 overall picks in this draft.

3. Trade Seattles #2 (#36 overall) to the Iggles for McNabb. Excellent value for both sides.

4. Trade our #1 (#18 overall) to San Diego for their #1 and #2.

That leaves us with 2 NFC East starting QBs, one to start for a year or two, and one to develop, as well as the #14, #28, #50, and #60 overall picks. That's a plunder of value. The picks could get us a lot of talent, or some could be packaged for another trade(s). Our 2 #1s have point value to trade as high as #5. Get the player we want. Plus we have 2 #1s in 11.

We have a ton of value in Ben, IF we need it. It'd be tempting to cash in anyway.

This is all "IF". I'm not bad mouthing Ben, throwing him under the bus, or not appreciating what he has done on the field.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #65
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

God i know this is all a big "what if?" but i cant believe that it's come to this: a serious discussion incase we've seen the last of arguably the greatest franchise QB in our history...
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 PM   #66
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,233 Times in 2,683 Posts

i like your thinking, vincent, but you may be undervaluing ben.

2X sb champion in the prime of his career, who i think has a cheaper price tag than m. ryan. stafford, and what this years #1 rookie qb will get.

look at what the giants and falcons gave away just to move up a few spots to take eli, and vick. granted they were supposed to be the best qb's in a generation, but ben has proven to be what they were supposed to be.

cutler got two 1st's and then some. rickey williams scored an entire draft. and ultimately ("troubles" and all) ben should be able to score atleast half of what herschel walker did. even minnesota raked the raiders over the coals for randy moss and seattle traded a 1st for deionne freaking branch.

carolina would be the best team to rake over the coals if they had a 1st rounder. they have had a fire sale and fox is a lame duck, destined to fail this season (= cowher / ben reunion).
Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #67
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i like your thinking, vincent, but you may be undervaluing ben.

2X sb champion in the prime of his career, who i think has a cheaper price tag than m. ryan. stafford, and what this years #1 rookie qb will get.

look at what the giants and falcons gave away just to move up a few spots to take eli, and vick. granted they were supposed to be the best qb's in a generation, but ben has proven to be what they were supposed to be.

cutler got two 1st's and then some. rickey williams scored an entire draft. and ultimately ("troubles" and all) ben should be able to score atleast half of what herschel walker did. even minnesota raked the raiders over the coals for randy moss and seattle traded a 1st for deionne freaking branch.

carolina would be the best team to rake over the coals if they had a 1st rounder. they have had a fire sale and fox is a lame duck, destined to fail this season (= cowher / ben reunion).
I agree with your "straight up" comparisons. The problem here is the unknown. The Skins would be gambling he isn't charged. and worse does jail time. We leave some value on the table but no risk.

Carolina? I live near Charlotte and know the team. The risk factor on a moral basis is too much. And we're only a few hours from Millidgeville. Could Ben bear the temptation?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #68
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

This is simple...Dennis Dixon.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote