Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #11
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: Alabam Pro Day Report:Cody at 346lbs & other news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
If we pick him to play MLB how do you know how he's gonna turn out? Can you look into your crystal ball and tell me who will win the superbowl in 5years?
i can look at timmons and tell you we dont need a repeat of a waste of a pick.... i dont want another lawrence timmons experiment but this times with a terrelle owens mouth.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #12
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
i can look at timmons and tell you we dont need a repeat of a waste of a pick.... i dont want another lawrence timmons experiment but this times with a terrelle owens mouth.
Timmons is a damn fine player IMO and perfect for the 3-4 zone blitz . You could just say you think it will be a waste of a pick if we take anyone besides Earl Thomas. I would respect that opinion more than the Timmons sucks theory.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #13
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Timmons is a damn fine player IMO and perfect for the 3-4 zone blitz . You could just say you think it will be a waste of a pick if we take anyone besides Earl Thomas. I would respect that opinion more than the Timmons sucks theory.
i actually pimp other plays unlike you who is fixed on wanting to butt **** weatherspoon. I want Kyle Wilson, Micah Johnson and others.

Who do you want

SPOOOON SPOOOONSPOOOONSPOOOON SPOOOON SPOOOON SPOOOON SPOOOON SPOOOON SPOOOON SPOOOON SPOOOONSPOOOON SPOOOON

Timmons is not a damn fine player at the moment and he's not perfect for the lebeaus scheme as an inside linebacker. He looked lost last year against the run.

ps.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #14
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Thanks for getting the name out there once again Supa.
I have pimped other guys like Nate Allen, Kareem Jackson ,and Mount Cody.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for getting the name out there once again Supa.
SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOON

There's talkative, and then there's Sean Weatherspoon.

Unequivocally his team's vocal leader the past few seasons, the Missouri linebacker never seems to run out of things to say. He wags his tongue, performs impromptu "American Idol" auditions on locker room tables, provides grateful reporters with priceless quotes, and always takes an opportunity to give a teammate a few choice words of criticism.

There's not much room for predictability when Weatherspoon opens his mouth, and his loquaciousness was clearly present at the recent NFL Combine.

However, so were his football skills.

http://www.nuc-online.com/college-fo...ies-big-stick/
Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Oh yeah and even your boy ET.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Oh yeah and even your boy ET.
WILSONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN KYLEEEE WILSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON (MR KENNEDY VOICE)

Dont you see how annoying the SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON becomes.

I haven't even mentioned the texas stud the last few days it's all been about cook and wilson and robinson and even some o-linemen.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #18
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,555 Times in 1,686 Posts

Mayock said last night that the talk is Cody is a 2nd round prospect, but the Chargers might even consider him in the bottom of the 1st, because they need a big body in the middle. I just hope somebody other than the Steelers takes him.

McLain having Crohns could hurt his stock, but then again, he seems to have managed it well so far.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #19
PittdaBurgh56
Water Boy

Member Number: 15888

You two bicker like a married couple.

That being said...timmons is not a wasted pick he developed last year and you will see much improvement this season.. All the coaches and beat writers for the steelers(all know more than we all do) still have high praise for the him and believe he will shrine give him time, it takes a Linebacker esp. a middle linebacker coming out of college at least 3 yrs to develope...so give him time and dont write him off

Spoon or Mcclain would be a great pick for the steelers. Spoon wont cause any problems in the club house what he will bring is youth and exictment to our D. Mcclain would bring in more exp being that he played under saben in bama.

Earl Thomas i dont think is the right pick this year...although he should develope into a good player in the next level at CB or Safety. I would much rather have Wilson as a CB IMO he will be great, but you can find some quality corners in the later rounds.

As for OL I dont see the steelers going that route cause they like what they have now.
PittdaBurgh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:31 AM   #20
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,934 Times in 1,651 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
I would not mind having him, he is a block eater and ideal for a 3-4 D. Just because you've seen him with his shirt off you hate him? I wonder how many other NFL players look like him? Besides the weight loss it's been reported that he is showing great maturity in all the interviews and is very intelligent. It's also been reported that he is a great team player. I hope we can get him and let Casey tudor him before he hangs it up. To me Cody proved regardless of his size he is a very good football player IMO.
I do not hate Cody I think he will be a good player in the NFL. I just hope we pass on him because of all the talent that is in this years draft. I think Hampton will be fine for a couple of more years. I would rather see us beef up our secondary. I like Thomas, Spoon, Mclain or a good corner In the first round.