Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Heart4Steelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 3550
Default Steigerwald RIPS BEN... (oh boy)

This can't be good for Steeler Nation.

Quote:
A couple of years ago I heard from a woman who said that Roethlisberger blew off a Make-A-Wish kid. When KDKA-TVs News Director, John Verrilli, was shown the email, he made it clear that it was a story that his news department would not be pursuing. I eventually got in contact with the parents of the little girl who the jackass snubbed. They said the story was true but they didn’t want to go public with it for their daughter’s sake. The little girl had cystic fibrosis.

As I said, Bad citizen who needs a comeuppance.

Trust me, there is more.... JS doesn not let up.

http://justwatchthegame.com/blog/jus...-the-game-blog
Old 03-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772
Default Re: Steigerwald RIPS BEN... (oh boy)

Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

The Steelers will move forward with or without Ben...its that simple!
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Here is the entire blog

Just Watch the Game Blog

This is my first posting on the JUST WATCH THE GAME blog. The plan here is to blog at least once a day and probably several times a day. JUST WATCH THE GAME is the title of the book that I’ll be releasing in a few months and you’ll be able to read excerpts at justwatchthegame.com.

I guess I should get my two cents in on Ben Roethlisberger:

First of all, none of this surprises me. Ben is a bad citizen. He doesn’t know how to treat people and he definitely doesn’t know how to handle being the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In my more than 30 years of working in the Pittsburgh sports media, I have never had any player come close to generating as many unsolicited questions from fans as Roethlisberger has. They want to know why he’s such a jackass. And these aren’t just Steelers fans who got turned down for an autograph. It’s men and women from all walks of life.

Most of the accounts of the incident in Georgial mention that Ben wasn’t drinking much. The implication being that he wasn’t high. Let me be the first to point out that he could very easily have been high on something other than alcohol. If that turns out to be the case, will you be surprised?

If this jackass is charged with sexual assault, the NFL should immediately suspend him for several games next season. If the league doesn’t, the Steelers should. We hear all the time about how the Rooney family does things differently. This is a chance to prove it. It’s one thing to suspend or cut a third receiver or a backup lineman. Suspending a $100 million quarterback would really set the Rooneys apart.

Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

A couple of years ago I heard from a woman who said that Roethlisberger blew off a Make-A-Wish kid. When KDKA-TVs News Director, John Verrilli, was shown the email, he made it clear that it was a story that his news department would not be pursuing. I eventually got in contact with the parents of the little girl who the jackass snubbed. They said the story was true but they didn’t want to go public with it for their daughter’s sake. The little girl had cystic fibrosis.

As I said, Bad citizen who needs a comeuppance.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Long-time Pittsburgh sportscaster unloads on Big Ben
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010 8:29 PM ET
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ds-on-big-ben/

As we've mentioned a time or two this week, the tide of public opinion in Pittsburgh has turned dramatically against Ben Roethlisberger in the wake of a second allegation of sexual assault.

Local talk radio has featured plenty of anecdotal evidence regarding generally boorish behavior from Big Ben (we've heard a couple of stories that we possibly will be posting, once they are vetted by the PFT legal team -- i.e., me), and his defenders are becoming fewer and farther between.

Perhaps most jarring is the maiden blog voyage of long-time, old-school Pittsburgh sportscaster John Steigerwald, who spent more than two decades on KDKA-TV, who has hosted radio in the Pittsburgh area, and who currently appears on a weekly Sunday night show on WTAE-TV.

Here's what Steigerwald says about Roethlisberger: "First of all, none of this surprises me. Ben is a bad citizen. He doesn't know how to treat people and he definitely doesn't know how to handle being the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In my more than 30 years of working in the Pittsburgh sports media, I have never had any player come close to generating as many unsolicited questions from fans as Roethlisberger has. They want to know why he's such a jackass. And these aren't just Steelers fans who got turned down for an autograph. It's men and women from all walks of life."

Steigerwald specifically points to a Make-A-Wish child that Roethlisberger blew off. Per Steigerwald, KDKA opted not to pursue the matter as a news story. Steigerwald later spoke to the parents, who did not want to go public on behalf of their daughter, who had cystic fibrosis.

Steigerwald's verdict? "Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two."

As a general matter, Pittsburgh-area sportscasters tread lightly when it comes to the Steelers, if they value access and cooperation from the organization. Steigerwald's atypical candor is a sign that, when it comes to Big Ben, the local journalists have either gotten a nod from the team to take off the gloves, or they just don't care.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Prok
Team Captain

Member Number: 8921

geezus....

He's wriiting a book?

Christ the bad news is coming out of the woodwork it seems........
Old 03-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prok View Post
geezus....

He's wriiting a book?

Christ the bad news is coming out of the woodwork it seems........
Go to bed Prok...get some rest, it'll be better in the AM.....
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
Prok
Team Captain

Member Number: 8921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
Go to bed Prok...get some rest, it'll be better in the AM.....
christ i'm gonna give the internet a break for a few years. lol
Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #9
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

im sorry for the little girl, but the sad thing is these guys have lives out side of charity and football. I am sure they get thousands of requests a year if not more for make a wish or some other charitible organizations. Sometimes you have to say NO sadly. I am sure it is hard, but they learn to do it. It is human nature to want to help. Most if not all have charities. Something has to be said about that, but of course not it isnt news worthy if is isnt something bad.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart4Steelers View Post
This can't be good for Steeler Nation.

Trust me, there is more.... JS doesn not let up.

wait he was told by a woman ben did this then he contacted the family who remains nameless then sent an email to kdka and wanted them to report it. What exactly were they supposed to report and how do we even know this is true.
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote