Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #11
Portland Hawk Fan
Banned

Member Number: 1799
Default Re: Top 5 reasons Steelers will win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Top Five Reasons the Seahawks will win using your average Seahawk fan's logic....

5) Because when you think of football, you think of Seattle, that's for sure.

4) The media hasn't shown us the attention and respect we deserve. I mean seriously, we beat the Redskins and Panthers in that tough conference known as the NFC.

3) Because we have a motto that we ripped off from Texas A&M because we are having problems establishing our own identity in the NFL. Why do you think we wear the colors we do? Except us please? Please?

2) Hey, did we mention we have a QB that is bald? Yeah, seriously...he's bald. He also makes idiotic comments during coin tosses, but he's bald. That's a lock right there.

1) Finally, because we have never won a Super Bowl and we deserve it...

My point here...........don't be an ass. It can go both ways.
Alright- now we're talking. Some of that was pretty good. I liked the bald thing best!

Prediction: Steelers 54 Seattle 1.
Portland Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #12
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

Portland fan: count yourself lucky you don't have to play against him tomorrow. That's a scary man, let me tell you.

You want to see what's so different about the AFC, and that's a good thing, because the Seahawks certainly will. "Finishing tackles" is defined well by this Pittsburgh Steeler team, and you will understand that soon enough.

Also, as others here have said, Joey Porter is simply getting the guys fired up, not unlike what he did before the Indy game. Did he deliver on the field? Yes, he did, but more importantly, he drew attention to himself by calling the Dolts "weak." It opened lanes for Polamalu, who totally, TOTALLY disrupted the game for Manning.

There is method to the madness, and if you allow yourself to, you can learn something about the game from this bunch. It's been special to watch this year.

My take? I can hardly believe the Steelers are only giving up 4 points in Vegas. If I were there, I'd be in the Caesar's Sports book with my betting slip on the Steelers in 4 figures, and the ****tail waitresses would be taking care of me. ;)
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

[QUOTE=Portland Hawk Fan]Alright- now we're talking. Some of that was pretty good. I liked the bald thing best!QUOTE]

Hey thanks buddy!
Old 02-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
Portland Hawk Fan
Banned

Member Number: 1799

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz
You want to see what's so different about the AFC, and that's a good thing, because the Seahawks certainly will. "Finishing tackles" is defined well by this Pittsburgh Steeler team, and you will understand that soon enough.....

My take? I can hardly believe the Steelers are only giving up 4 points in Vegas. If I were there, I'd be in the Caesar's Sports book with my betting slip on the Steelers in 4 figures, and the ****tail waitresses would be taking care of me. ;)

Yeah- what would the Seahawks know about the AFC?

You can bet on line- so put your credit card where your mouth is and mortgage the house!
Portland Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #15
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

you know....I really think you need to lay off the drugs...let me give you some reasons we will win:
1) We are more physical...we will make this game a street fight fight from the start...not something Seattle is accustomed to.
2) You're team seems a little nurvous and unexperience with the attention...eventhough this is the first SB for our guys...they are used to being in the spotlight and they know how to handle it.
3) Big Ben has confidence and has been on target and also has stayed out of the spotlight. Thanks to the Bus and Peazy!
4) Home Field Advantage...the Steelers don't have to beg for fans on Media Day and we all know that there will be at least 85% Steelers Fans
5) WE RIDE!!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #16
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

There's no need. What's at stake is far, far more important than money. The average person in here has probably spent more than what most people bet on new clothing for the Superbowl and fixings for all the parties & food! :)

The entire region here is transfixed, all walks of life sharing common Steeler ground, and everyone..... I mean EVERYONE wearing black & gold. The thought of money is the farthest thing from my mind, but as the champion of both my Picks League (taking spread into account) and my Fantasy league, if I was in Vegas, you know where my money would be, ALL bias aside.

That Seattle team had better bring all they've got & hope the Steelers leave some in the hotel.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #17
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

It doesn't matter what you designate the list as... "Top 5" is fine, or "Top 5,000", the end result will remain the same.

I have one list why the Steelers will win, and just one thing on it.

The Steelers will win because they are the better team.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

You don't have the luxury of playing in your pathetic conference. Your playing with the BIG DOGS now. Enjoy.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #19
SteelersNation7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 466

Truit is will win for one reason the Steelers are better.
SteelersNation7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #20
MagicHawk
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1797

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
You don't have the luxury of playing in your pathetic conference. Your playing with the BIG DOGS now. Enjoy.
You may not like the result of our enjoyment...WOOF!