Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #21
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640
Default Re: Ben doesn't walk on water...

Even if Ben is innocent of all accusations, he's still guilty of being a dumbass. Like you said, Ben is 27 years old, a multi-millionaire and single. That kind of guy, going to college clubs, looking for a girl to hook up with, is a recipe for disaster. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY "THE ACCUSED" IN A PENDING CIVIL SUIT!!!! Guilty or not, he's one dumb mofo when it comes to how he acts off the field. So dumb that he's jeopardized his reputation and his money(possibly even his freedom), while also smearing the Steelers name.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 AM   #22
Nicolle62
Water Boy

Member Number: 15988

regardless of what happens (guilty or not) i think this will haunt Ben for the rest of his play days (and maybe beyond)
ill stick by him no matter what but he really needs a reality check. needs to grow up a bit me thinks.

http://www.justin-hartwig.com
Nicolle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 AM   #23
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
Even if Ben is innocent of all accusations, he's still guilty of being a dumbass. Like you said, Ben is 27 years old, a multi-millionaire and single. That kind of guy, going to college clubs, looking for a girl to hook up with, is a recipe for disaster. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY "THE ACCUSED" IN A PENDING CIVIL SUIT!!!! Guilty or not, he's one dumb mofo when it comes to how he acts off the field. So dumb that he's jeopardized his reputation and his money(possibly even his freedom), while also smearing the Steelers name.
Yup won't argue with you there that his choices are pretty stupid considering everything. It sounds like he is a guy trying to lead a normal life but is so far from normal existence. His choices of the field have been really questionable on many aspects on many levels.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #24
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelC7 View Post
thank you, great post!!! finally we have some REAL steeler fans on here
I agree with what PD said. Now Ben knows the rules. yeah they might suck but these are crazy times and YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOURSELF!!!!! I remember what it was like to be his age but I wasn't worth anywhere near that much both in monetary value and real value to a sports team that happens TO BE THE BEST EVER!!!!! So it's almost impossible to know what he is going through. If I were in his shoes I'd look to settle down with a good woman but that's me and maybe he isn't ready for that yet.
OK Ben , here's a suggestion, go talk to A-Rod. He's pulled it off as a bachelor for awhile now. No lawsuits, no press. He must be doing something right.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #25
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelC7 View Post
thank you, great post!!! finally we have some REAL steeler fans on here
real steeler fan???? even the members that are upset or just dont like ben are real steeler fans. im sorry to tell you this but you dont have to love every player and coach on a team to be a fan. i personally didnt like porter when he played for us his last year and i asure you that i am a true fan. i couldnt stand kordell stewert. let me guess, you never said a single bad thing about kordell, brister, odonell or any other steeler?
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

I always thought Ben invented water No question charges have not been filed yet, but his decisions in the off seasons leave something to be desired. I get that he is only 28 years old, a very rich person and an absolutely amazing NFL QB, but as the face of this franchise why does Ben feel the need to have a house in a college town?

We are truly blessed to have Ben as our QB, but his decision making really needs to be questioned. In the end I don't think anything will come out of this, but can you really blame Dan and Art Rooney for being upset about this latest off the field scenario for Ben?
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote