Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
PittdaBurgh56
Water Boy

Member Number: 15888
Default Larry Foote Signs

Jason La Canfora, of NFL.com, reports via Twitter that the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed free-agent LB Larry Foote (Lions) to a three-year deal worth $9.3 million. The deal includes a $1.8 million signing bonus

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0iG8pd2dh

I guess its official we signed larry foote back. Whats this mean for the draft now? Is ILb out of the question now for the first round.
PittdaBurgh56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
thermoman
Water Boy

Member Number: 15924
Default Re: Larry Foote Signs

probably, OL, DL, OR CB at pick 18 now...
thermoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Well this might take off the possibility of two LB that I want to see in black and gold.....they areILB McClain and OLB/ILB Spoon!!! well I guess now they can focus on improving the secondary and both sides of the LINE early!!! all in all i think this was a good signing because it gives the Steelers a lot of versatility @ LB!!!
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Cool Welcome back Mr. Foote.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,077 Posts

I can still see either an ILB prospect taken, or an OLB prospect. Behind Woodley and Harrison, the #1 backup is Timmons....mainly because of the failure of the Bruce Davis pick.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

It looks like an OLB(Spoon) prospect wouldn't be out of the question. I love how the FO has filled in most of the holes going into the draft. It's gonna be hell for the other teams to predict where the Steelers are going come draft day.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
It looks like an OLB(Spoon) prospect wouldn't be out of the question. I love how the FO has filled in most of the holes going into the draft. It's gonna be hell for the other teams to predict where the Steelers are going come draft day.
It's already getting tough. It'd be easy to overlook safety and linebacker after the recent signings, but we still need depth and youth at those positions. I'm sure they'll address those needs, but it's tough to tell when at this point. I really think it's starting to look like o-line in the first round with some certainty. After that, it's going to be a proverbial shot in the dark.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonslow View Post
It's already getting tough. It'd be easy to overlook safety and linebacker after the recent signings, but we still need depth and youth at those positions. I'm sure they'll address those needs, but it's tough to tell when at this point. I really think it's starting to look like o-line in the first round with some certainty. After that, it's going to be a proverbial shot in the dark.
yeah i completely agree w/u...but I think if Earl Thomas is on the board they might pick him up instead of an OL.....they might even go w/ a CB in their first if and only if Haden is there(or if they trade down and take Kyle Wilson).....the way i see it playing out is that Haden and Thomas would be gone by the time we pick so we might trade down and take Pouncy,Iupati, or Dan Williams in the first and in the second they'll probably go after a quality CB(I'm hoping they pick up CB Chris Cook out of Virginia) and then in the 3rd they might go with a Safety or an OL/DL depending on what type of Linemen they chose in the 1st!.....after that they can pick the BPA.....its going to be interesting to see the Steelers draft this year....and if they trade down in the first they will surely pick up a lot of talent in a lot of positions that aren't really of need because of our FA acquisitions.....
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote