Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #11
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Well I'm impressed. DA on the Browns = sorriest QB alive (according to many on this site.) But DA on the Cardinals is a good thing?



DA sucks. You know it, I know it. Savage screwed the pooch when he didn't trade him after the pro bowl year (despite showing signs of serious decline.)

I supposed BQ is the answer do Denver's problems too?

Sheesh.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #12
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

You dont think playing on a bad team with the WRs he had, then moving to a good team with Fitz and breaston wouldnt help him?

Also with Leinart they need a guy that can come in and compete with him for the starting job, IMO anderson was signed for a backup role but if Leinart were to completely suck, then having a somewhat experienced QB as backup is a good thing.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #13
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
You dont think playing on a bad team with the WRs he had, then moving to a good team with Fitz and breaston wouldnt help him?

Also with Leinart they need a guy that can come in and compete with him for the starting job, IMO anderson was signed for a backup role but if Leinart were to completely suck, then having a somewhat experienced QB as backup is a good thing.
I think that he's inaccurate on the short throws...makes bad reads...gets antsy in the pocket (despite being a statue)...but has a gun.

That's not what Arizona needs. He's the anti-Kurt Warner (who doesn't have that arm strength, but otherwise excels vs. the Blitz, has mad accuracy and makes good reads.)

But sure, toot his horn now that he's no longer a Brown.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #14
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I think that he's inaccurate on the short throws...makes bad reads...gets antsy in the pocket (despite being a statue)...but has a gun.

That's not what Arizona needs. He's the anti-Kurt Warner (who doesn't have that arm strength, but otherwise excels vs. the Blitz, has mad accuracy and makes good reads.)

But sure, toot his horn now that he's no longer a Brown.
Thats not the reason

He was signed as a backup and under the circumstances Arizona is in it was a decent signing( that has the potential to be better then just decent because arizona is a better situation then cleveland)....me thinking that it is not such a bad signing has nothing to do with the fact hes no longer a Brown
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #15
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
Thats not the reason

He was signed as a backup and under the circumstances Arizona is in it was a decent signing( that has the potential to be better then just decent because arizona is a better situation then cleveland)....me thinking that it is not such a bad signing has nothing to do with the fact hes no longer a Brown
7-18M (depending on playing time) is a terrible contract for a guy that's supposedly a backup.

It's as ridiculous as my team giving Delhomme the contract he got.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
7-18M (depending on playing time) is a terrible contract for a guy that's supposedly a backup.

It's as ridiculous as my team giving Delhomme the contract he got.
If hes the backup then that "depending on playing time" clause takes effect and he wont get paid as much!
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
If hes the backup then that "depending on playing time" clause takes effect and he wont get paid as much!
7M is the minimum...up to 18+M.

All it's going to take is Leinart not playing up to snuff...and in comes DA...and his contract blows up.

Of course, they'll have the same issues in AZ as we had in Clevelad...two sub-par QBs driving the fans nucking futs.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
7M is the minimum...up to 18+M.

All it's going to take is Leinart not playing up to snuff...and in comes DA...and his contract blows up.

Of course, they'll have the same issues in AZ as we had in Clevelad...two sub-par QBs driving the fans nucking futs.
All of this is true, maybe it wont work out maybe it will, im still sticking with my orginial thought that it was not that bad of a signing
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #19
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

This is a good move for DA.

Leinart sucks
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:05 AM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,093
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 861
Thanked 3,533 Times in 1,536 Posts
Default Re: Anderson signs with Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I think that he's inaccurate on the short throws...makes bad reads...gets antsy in the pocket (despite being a statue)...but has a gun.

That's not what Arizona needs. He's the anti-Kurt Warner (who doesn't have that arm strength, but otherwise excels vs. the Blitz, has mad accuracy and makes good reads.)

But sure, toot his horn now that he's no longer a Brown.
hater... ....it really broke my heart seeing DA and quinn leaving clevland.... but them signing delhomme and wallace sure made me feel better...

let the suckfest continue...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts