Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: Trade: Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers
Roethlisberger 34 70.83%
Rodgers 14 29.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default If GB offered Aaron Rodgers for Ben

Would you want the Steelers to do this trade?

Obviously this is an unrealistic hypothetical but I am curious what the current Steeler Nation thinks of Ben. Are they loyal to the scrappy QB that has brought them two SBs or have they had enough and would welcome a talented QB with a clean record.

Why did I choose Aaron Rogers? I think it would provoke the most thought. Peyton Manning and Brady are too obvious (i hate them both - so i would vote no automatically); Mark Sanchez is too raw, Phil Rivers is a dick and everyone else sucks in the AFC. Donovan McNabb is too old, Eli is a wuss, Romo is gay, Stafford and Matt Ryan are too young, Cutler is too arrogant (and not good), and Brees is too good right now to poll. And everyone else in the NFC sucks. But Aaron Rogers is a good QB that is down to earth, smart and clean cut and the way he handled the whole Farve fiasco was admirable.

At this time, I would be very tempted to take Rogers if this trade was offered.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: If GB offered Aaron Rogers for Ben

I hate the Packers and everything about them, and Rogers can go ahead and kiss my ass. He's not all that great and hasn't won shit.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
I hate the Packers and everything about them, and Rogers can go ahead and kiss my ass. He's not all that great and hasn't won shit.
See, that is why I didn't pick Phil Rivers in this poll. I can't stand the guy. Even if he is talented and good, I would want the Steelers to keep a potentially sex-addicted QB in Ben than get a douche-bag like Rivers.

I can understand why you wouldn't want Rogers.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
USWsteeler
Banned

Member Number: 15995

Rogers... He hasn't raped anyone.
USWsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Would you want the Steelers to do this trade?

Obviously this is an unrealistic hypothetical but I am curious what the current Steeler Nation thinks of Ben. Are they loyal to the scrappy QB that has brought them two SBs or have they had enough and would welcome a talented QB with a clean record.

Why did I choose Aaron Rogers? I think it would provoke the most thought. Peyton Manning and Brady are too obvious (i hate them both - so i would vote no automatically); Mark Sanchez is too raw, Phil Rivers is a dick and everyone else sucks in the AFC. Donovan McNabb is too old, Eli is a wuss, Romo is gay, Stafford and Matt Ryan are too young, Cutler is too arrogant (and not good), and Brees is too good right now to poll. And everyone else in the NFC sucks. But Aaron Rogers is a good QB that is down to earth, smart and clean cut and the way he handled the whole Farve fiasco was admirable.

At this time, I would be very tempted to take Rogers if this trade was offered.
Like you said,

you could have just as well included Santa as a choice.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
"Clean record?" Wanna fill me in on what Ben's been convicted of? Or even charged with, for that matter? Being a jerk/horny dumbass/(fill in any other unflattering adjective that has been tossed around here in the last two weeks) isn't a crime, last I checked.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,866 Times in 4,500 Posts

now i know none of the uber proud and overzealous steelernation would want to hear this, but the steelers would probably be in the exact same position with rodgers, rivers, or even eli (w/o the 2 sexual assault accusations, of course).

infact the likes of pennington and grossman wouldve been more likely to reach their expected potential if they had been drafted by the steelers (as opposed to the "busts" they currently are regarded as).

im as big of a ben fans as anyone, but lets get this much clear....

the rooneys made "Big Ben". he did not make the steelers.

i know this statement will make many cry, but i woulda been happy with either eli or rivers on that draft day in '04 considering hall, jones, robinson, jackson, andrews, were the other guys on our targeted list.

Quote:
"Clean record?" Wanna fill me in on what Ben's been convicted of? Or even charged with, for that matter? Being a jerk/horny dumbass/(fill in any other unflattering adjective here) isn't a crime, last I checked.
semantics.

i pretty much get the gist of what the OP was getting at.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
semantics.

i pretty much get the gist of what the OP was getting at.
Sure. And Rivers would without a doubt have 2 rings right now too had he been drafted by the Steelers, never mind the fact that he has yet to win one in SD, despite having the benefit of a supporting cast LOADED with talent, arguably more so than the Steelers.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,866 Times in 4,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
despite having the benefit of a supporting cast LOADED with talent, arguably more so than the Steelers.
do you REALLY believe that or are you just buying into all the disney channel/espn/media hype?

do people really think the steelers would be incapable of winning a ring with rivers or manning.

i mean DAMN! i know ben is good, i just didnt know he was THAT good. perhaps the rooneys should double his pay and offer him a slice of the team (now that they are in debt to keep the team in their name).
Old 03-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
do you REALLY believe that or are you just buying into all the disney channel/espn/media hype?
No, I believe what I see and what the results have borne out. I stopped watching ESPN 4 years ago. Yeah, I guess ol' Phil has had it really rough playing on the same team as the likes of Tomlinson, Gates, Merriman, Jamal Williams, et. al. Hell, Montana couldn't have won jack with that bunch either.

Fact is, who KNOWS what we would have done in the last 5 years with someone else? Does Eli or Rivers make the tackle in Indy, for instance? I kinda doubt it.