Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Trade: Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers
Roethlisberger 34 70.83%
Rodgers 14 29.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,634 Times in 2,878 Posts
Default Re: If GB offered Aaron Rogers for Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Fact is, who KNOWS what we would have done in the last 5 years with someone else? Does Eli or Rivers make the tackle in Indy, for instance? I kinda doubt it.

i definitely say "no".

do you think eli or rivers will ever get publicly accused of rape and shame a franchise as proud as the steelers?

my money is on "no".

would i rather have eli or rivers as opposed to kordell or o'donnell in 4 afcc games that didnt result in a lombardi win?

"yes"

ben is great and i will readilly admit this but PLEASE, lets be real here and not pretend that he is the ONLY possible qb on earth who could bring the b&g rings #5&6.

the rooneys and the franchise are better than that.

for instance, if they didnt have ben they couldve easilly purchased the services of favre or warner.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

i definitely say "no".

do you think eli or rivers will ever get publicly accused of rape and shame a franchise as proud as the steelers?

my money is on "no".
Probably not, but ya never know. Anyone see what was coming with Tiger Woods? How about when the Bus was (falsely) accused?

Quote:
.would i rather have eli or rivers as opposed to kordell or o'donnell in 4 afcc games that didnt result in a lombardi win?

"yes"
Agreed.

Quote:
ben is great and i will readilly admit this but PLEASE, lets be real here and not pretend that he is the ONLY possible qb on earth who could bring the b&g rings #5&6.
Not saying he's the only one who could've done so, but he's the one who ultimately helped bring us #5 and #6. And I've been a fan long enough to have endured the entire 26-year wait between #4 and #5. As such, I feel I owe him at least a little gratitude, and pray he starts picking his partners better in the future.

Quote:
the rooneys and the franchise are better than that.
The Rooneys are the best at what they do, IMO.

Quote:
for instance, if they didnt have ben they couldve easilly purchased the services of favre or warner.
You can keep Favre considering his typical postseason performances of the last decade or so. Warner I could've lived with, though. But then, with Warner, we'd be shopping for a new franchise QB again.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:31 AM   #13
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,157 Times in 1,339 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
"Clean record?" Wanna fill me in on what Ben's been convicted of? Or even charged with, for that matter? Being a jerk/horny dumbass/(fill in any other unflattering adjective that has been tossed around here in the last two weeks) isn't a crime, last I checked.
Exactly Ben has a clean record so he is on a level playing field with Rivers and Eli. So to answer the question hell no.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #14
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734
Default Re: If GB offered Aaron Rodgers for Ben

This is a "if pigs could fly thread" Let me see. IF WE COULD BRING BACK BRADSHAW AT AN EARLIER AGE?
How about Neil O'Dumbass without the 2 picks? It has to be off season. Ben' quiet, nothing to write about.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:49 AM   #15
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
No, I believe what I see and what the results have borne out. I stopped watching ESPN 4 years ago. Yeah, I guess ol' Phil has had it really rough playing on the same team as the likes of Tomlinson, Gates, Merriman, Jamal Williams, et. al. Hell, Montana couldn't have won jack with that bunch either.

Fact is, who KNOWS what we would have done in the last 5 years with someone else? Does Eli or Rivers make the tackle in Indy, for instance? I kinda doubt it.
you can also look at it from a different angle and say maybe they wouldnt have to of made that tackle because they were already up by 25 points. obviously this entire conversation is useless though since there isnt a chance of this ever happening. with that said, i think rodgers is the better qb. he's only a second year starter and look at those stats. i would take rodgers over any other qb in the nfl. i think he is the best and when he retires his stats will be just as good if not better then bretts

Last edited by pete74; 03-19-2010 at 05:30 AM.
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #16
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I think Aaron Rogers is going to be one of the better QB's of the next decade. I wouldn't mind at all if he were a Steeler, and although I know absolutely nothing about his personal life, he looks like he could be as rogue as Ben.......and that's pure speculation on my part.

He does have those dreamy eyes.............
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #17
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I think Aaron Rogers is going to be one of the better QB's of the next decade. I wouldn't mind at all if he were a Steeler, and although I know absolutely nothing about his personal life, he looks like he could be as rogue as Ben.......and that's pure speculation on my part.

He does have those dreamy eyes.............
i never heard anything bad about him. he is dating SI swim model julie henderson who is extremly hot. i belive they were together for 2 years or so and assu,e there still hitched
Old 03-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #18
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Personally, I'd take Sanchez over any of the ones mentioned... he's a gamer, much like Ben and is willing to risk it for the win. I guess I just see some of the same 'backyard' football in him like Ben has.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #19
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i never heard anything bad about him. he is dating SI swim model julie henderson who is extremly hot. i belive they were together for 2 years or so and assu,e there still hitched
That makes him smarter than Ben!
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #20
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Personally, I'd take Sanchez over any of the ones mentioned... he's a gamer, much like Ben and is willing to risk it for the win. I guess I just see some of the same 'backyard' football in him like Ben has.
i dont see anything wrong with that. ben has 2 superbowl rings. obviously there are things i would rather him do differently but you'll have that with any qb not named peyton manning. as for aaron rodgers, last year was only his 2nd year starting and his 1st 2 years stats are better then any qb ever in the entire nfl