Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default UGH the worst part......

about Madden in the Hall? As bad as ABC has already been about telling us how Monday Night Football single handedly defeated communism...NOW we have to hear Al Michael's sucking off Madden all day "And elected Hall of Famer John Madden is hear to tell us....."
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,456
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 251 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
about Madden in the Hall? As bad as ABC has already been about telling us how Monday Night Football single handedly defeated communism...NOW we have to hear Al Michael's sucking off Madden all day "And elected Hall of Famer John Madden is hear to tell us....."
I hear what you're saying but, as a Raiders fan, I have waited a long time for big John to be inducted. I will definately be at the induction ceremony this year!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
LambertIsGod58
Team President
 
LambertIsGod58's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bridgeport, NY
Posts: 2,421
Gender: Male
Member Number: 410
Thanks: 29
Thanked 55 Times in 25 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

I think most people are forgetting that he had the long television career that pushed him in. Without it, he would have never made it in.
__________________


"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
I hear what you're saying but, as a Raiders fan, I have waited a long time for big John to be inducted. I will definately be at the induction ceremony this year!

For Madden??????????

good gravy!!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #5
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

OH GOD!!!!! IT JUST HAPPENED. MICHAELS JUST SUCKED HIM OFF!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


how could they let that big fat idiot into the Hall? hes so overated as an "analyst" he says the most obvious things!!!!!! and BAM and WAPP

oh wait...heres Belichick...... i must be quiet and drool....
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,456
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 251 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
OH GOD!!!!! IT JUST HAPPENED. MICHAELS JUST SUCKED HIM OFF!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


how could they let that big fat idiot into the Hall? hes so overated as an "analyst" he says the most obvious things!!!!!! and BAM and WAPP

oh wait...heres Belichick...... i must be quiet and drool....
How could they let him into the Hall?!? Are you serious?!

his record is 103-32-7. That's a 75% win record! That's 3 out of every 4 games, won!!! In order for any coach to have that kind of success, they would have to win 12 games a year for 8 years! It aint gonna happen!!!

Can't you put your bias aside for a minute and respect the accomplishment? I understand being loyal to your team and all, but, Jeezuz Krist man, at leat give credit where credit is due!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #7
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
How could they let him into the Hall?!? Are you serious?!

his record is 103-32-7. That's a 75% win record! That's 3 out of every 4 games, won!!! In order for any coach to have that kind of success, they would have to win 12 games a year for 8 years! It aint gonna happen!!!

Can't you put your bias aside for a minute and respect the accomplishment? I understand being loyal to your team and all, but, Jeezuz Krist man, at leat give credit where credit is due!

he only coached for what, 10 years?? thats one team basically put together (remember the times). if that gets you in than George Seifert and Tom Flores, who both won 2, should get in. He was an excellent coach for a short time. not a hall of fame coach.


And why does his TV stuff mean ANYTHING. its not like hes that good or that hes a Pat Summerall, Curt Gowdy, or Ray Scott. he was a big oaf talking dumb to people.

i give him credit for 3 things as an announcer
1. the saying "It lasts forever and they can never take it away"
2. "The biggest gap in sports is winning and losing a Super Bowl"
3. Owning his comment "THe Patriots should play for OT". he was a man about it right after it happened.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #8
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,456
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 251 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
he only coached for what, 10 years?? thats one team basically put together (remember the times). if that gets you in than George Seifert and Tom Flores, who both won 2, should get in. He was an excellent coach for a short time. not a hall of fame coach.


And why does his TV stuff mean ANYTHING. its not like hes that good or that hes a Pat Summerall, Curt Gowdy, or Ray Scott. he was a big oaf talking dumb to people.

i give him credit for 3 things as an announcer
1. the saying "It lasts forever and they can never take it away"
2. "The biggest gap in sports is winning and losing a Super Bowl"
3. Owning his comment "THe Patriots should play for OT". he was a man about it right after it happened.
I never said he should get in the Hall on his tv stuff. Where did you get that? what is your point about coaching for 10 years? Name one other coach with the winning percentage Madden has... you can't, and if it happens, it won't be for a very long time.

John Madden deserves to be in the Hall, just as Belichick will be deserve to be there when his time comes.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black
I never said he should get in the Hall on his tv stuff. Where did you get that? what is your point about coaching for 10 years? Name one other coach with the winning percentage Madden has... you can't, and if it happens, it won't be for a very long time.

John Madden deserves to be in the Hall, just as Belichick will be deserve to be there when his time comes.
Just out of interest what sort of coach do you think Madden was?

I cannot imagine that he was particularly cerebral - maybe he was more of a motivator of men?

Im basing this on his inane commentary, then again maybe his mental faculties have left him with age.

NM
__________________
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,456
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 6
Thanked 251 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: UGH the worst part......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Just out of interest what sort of coach do you think Madden was?

I cannot imagine that he was particularly cerebral - maybe he was more of a motivator of men?

Im basing this on his inane commentary, then again maybe his mental faculties have left him with age.

NM
Motivator, for sure. I know how he comes across on tv but, that doesn't have anything to do with what kind of coach he was. He is acclaimed by all of the guys that played for him to posess a brilliant football mind. Al Davis has said he is one of the most passionite football guys he has ever known. I don't think he could win as many games as he did if he wasn't a gifted coach.

Obviously, I have a bit of bias toward Madden... I have been a Raider fan for 38 years. Most of you probably aren't old enough to remember the days of Madden's Raiders, although, I'm sure some of you are. They were a very physical, dominating, intimidating team... just like the Steelers of the 70's.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts