Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080
Default Glad we have Dixon

If BB does get suspended I am glad we have Dixon waiting in the wings. I think the kid has a rocket for an arm and with a little more play time may rival our beloved starter. Goodell will not bat an eye to suspend BB if any charges come forward he is a pole smoker extraordinaire in my book and will do it just for PR for the NFL.

Anyways Dixon looked great last preseason throwing the ball, he adds an element of mobility, and he damn near won us a game against the Rat-Birds coming off the bench. If BB does have to hit the pine for being a dumb ass I think Dixon will give the Rooney's something to think about for the future.

Don't get me wrong I love BB and don't want to see anything happen to him or the team but Goodell is well Goodell and the Rooney's don't seem to like bad PR and BB is bringing it in droves even if he had zero to do with any of it. I hate the fact but we know history.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645
Default Re: Glad we have Dixon

Here here
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

It's been two years and still no Dennis Dixon jerseys available - - - somebody better step up.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

ben will be our qb this season. its next season we have to worry about if he is found guilty. if charges are brought they will delay the trial until next offseason. hopefully we can get a good qb next draft
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

With the commish wanting to meet with BB, my guess is he will eventually suspend him for the first 4 games of the season.(conduct detrimental to the NFL) I have always felt that Dixon was a major steal for us in the 5th round. Thjere is no doubt in my ind we would still be a super bowl contendeer with Dixon. If ben is suspended it sure will make for interesting chat on these forums.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
ben will be our qb this season. its next season we have to worry about if he is found guilty. if charges are brought they will delay the trial until next offseason. hopefully we can get a good qb next draft
You don't think Dixon will be able to handle it? I mean the guy was in the running for Heisman before he blew out his ACL playing for Oregon and he has had plenty of time to recover from that and learn Arians offense. I really think if he is given half a chance he will shock many a Steeler fan. He has a rocket for an arm and is extremely mobile.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528

I think the chance of Ben receiving any sort of suspension is very likely, whether he's actually charged or not. Bottom line is, Goodell is suspension happy and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. As I've mentioned in other threads, no matter what ends up happening, Ben needs to avoid putting himself into these situations. I have full confidence in Dixon if need be.
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
KartSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 15012

Sorry guys, not to put a damper on the DD love BUT, as Bill Parcels says, I wouldn't get the annointing oil out just yet for Dennis Dixon. Teams haven't had to game plan against him yet because he hasn't played that much. You have to remember, when he came in & played in Balti, they didn't have much time to game plan for him as well. I want to see what he can do when other teams know he's playing & have a game plan for him. IF he does well at that point, then I can say ok, looks like we have a steal with this guy. BUT, until that happens, I'm reseving judgement.
KartSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
rick723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
If BB does get suspended I am glad we have Dixon waiting in the wings. I think the kid has a rocket for an arm and with a little more play time may rival our beloved starter. Goodell will not bat an eye to suspend BB if any charges come forward he is a pole smoker extraordinaire in my book and will do it just for PR for the NFL.

Anyways Dixon looked great last preseason throwing the ball, he adds an element of mobility, and he damn near won us a game against the Rat-Birds coming off the bench. If BB does have to hit the pine for being a dumb ass I think Dixon will give the Rooney's something to think about for the future.

Don't get me wrong I love BB and don't want to see anything happen to him or the team but Goodell is well Goodell and the Rooney's don't seem to like bad PR and BB is bringing it in droves even if he had zero to do with any of it. I hate the fact but we know history.
I agree with you. Check any post I ever mentioned Dennis Dixon. I like this guy. He can out throw Ben but, I hope Ben did not do it.
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
You don't think Dixon will be able to handle it? I mean the guy was in the running for Heisman before he blew out his ACL playing for Oregon and he has had plenty of time to recover from that and learn Arians offense. I really think if he is given half a chance he will shock many a Steeler fan. He has a rocket for an arm and is extremely mobile.
i do. im not certain but i think he can at least be a decent qb. im sure they will do what they can to make sure they know if he can or not before deciding were to grab a qb next year
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote