Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 03-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

I am starting my official Draft Tebow Thread.

Haters, stay out, I get all the reasons you don't want him on the team. I am stating my case for why I DO want him on the Steelers.

First. I'm not talking in the first round, because no one is going to take the chance on this guy in the first round, not even the Jags who would do it to sell tickets. I'm talking maybe a trade for an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick and we grab Tebow. I'm also not talking as the Starter of the future, I'm talking as a roll player.

First Reason
3rd and Short. Hot dammmm I'm tired of not getting a 3rd and Short. With Tebow, our conversion rate on 3rd and Short would skyrocket. The Kid can get 1 yard against almost anyone at anytime. He's just built to do it. Snap to Him, he goes forward, First Down, Almost every freaking time. And I hated it when I saw it in Florida, because everyone knew it was coming, and no one could stop it from happening. 3rd and Short Solved.

2nd Reason
The Community. No one can say Tebow would not help our Current Image Problems. The guy is a freaking SQUARE, and I love it. He is totally clean and honest and a really good person in his heart. Its great. Sure he's a little preachy at times, but oh well, it is what it is, and we could use a good ambassedor right now for our organization. Plus, he would help to deflect away from any negative press we currently have. And I bet Tim Tebow and Troy P would get along swimmingly in the locker room.

3rd Reason
The Kid wins. He just does. Sure, he didn't win the SEC Title this year, but look at his record as a starter in College. Its ridiculous, he has like 5 losses in 3 years, and most of us could probably recite them all cause they were huge games. Michigan bowl game, the game against bama, this past year, the game against Ole Miss where he came out with his "no one will work harder" speech. And the kid does work hard, he studies the films, he's teachable, he's a team player and can give a swift kick in the butt if a guy needs it. I bet he'd be willing to take any role he was asked to play too. "Tim, go cover this punt would ya" "Yes Sir Coach Tomlin"

4th Reason
I don't want him on the other team! Think about it. We can barely defend or can't defense Freaking Josh Cribbs yet now some other team is gonna line up Tim Freaking Tebow in a Wild Cat against us? Heck no thanks! I'd rather he be on my roster, than have to worry about another team sneaking him onto the field in a critical 3rd and Short and seeing him take the snap and dive straight ahead between center and guard and getting the freaking first down...cause he will...he always does. I'd rather we get the positive press a guy like Tebow would bring than some other team like the Pats, or the Cowboys, or the Redskins, or the Jaguars, I want that press, I want that love!

5th Reason
Because of the Hate. Yes, its clear, so many people hate this guy, and that right there has pushed me to like him more and more. I'd buy his freaking jersey, guess what, I'd wear it before Ben's to the office these days, that's for sure. I'd wear it and when anyone said anything I'd just smile and call them a Hater. Sorry you hate fool, Sorry you didn't draft him hater! Ha ha! You'll hate him even more when he gets that 1 yard against your team on a 3rd and 1, HA HA!

Anyway, I'm sure this post will get bombed with negative comments, whatever, I really just want to see if I'm the only one that thinks, "hey, you know what, Tebow could actually work for the Steelers."

Enjoy folks.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Very valid reasons!

Last edited by NEPAsteeler; 03-24-2010 at 10:13 PM.
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Pittsky
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10024

Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,699 Posts

What position would he play???

TE. H-Back, LB....because as an NFL QB he isnt any better than Dixon. I say give him a clipboard and send him into the community to be the Dudley Do Right of the team.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

I really don't want to spend a draft pick on him. In the off chance that the Ravens drafted him and asked us to take him for say, William Gay I'd be all over it. lol.

Not sure if we're talking QB's or not but for the record, I'd rather take a chance on Colt McCoy.

Sorry Dino, I'm usually in agreement with you.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

TE. H-Back, LB....because as an NFL QB he isnt any better than Dixon. I say give him a clipboard and send him into the community to be the Dudley Do Right of the team.
Well, TE or H back might not be so bad. He could Block, or go out for passes, or mostly come in on 3rd and Short and get us that 1 yard 90% of the time. We could also change things up once in a while, put him and Dixon back there with Mendy, all guys that know the spread option offense and have a real fun play or two during a game. Just an idea.

I think he'd be great in the Black and Gold.

Do I think he'd be the future QB, heck no, not at all, but he'd be a good kid in the locker room, great when it came to game planning because he's a film hound by all reports, he'd be willing to run the "wildcat" in practice against us so we can work on stopping it. He's a total development project from the QB stand point, so that's not why I'd want him. But more for the fact he's one hell of a Football Player.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
steeldawg
Starter

Member Number: 13605

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

We can use him to lead the team in prayer before each game. But I think thats about it.
steeldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldawg View Post
We can use him to lead the team in prayer before each game. But I think thats about it.
This team might need a little prayer or two after the last couple off seasons we've been going through.

Plus, he could pray over Troy's knee.

And pray for holding calls on the OTs blocking Silverback.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,699 Posts

I'd rather just take a Rhodes Scholar like Rolle instead.....if we are gonna draft guys based on intangibles like character instead of their ability to perform on the field.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

He can compete with the tall guy for back up TE. We will be set with QBs if we trade for Mark Bulger.