Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #31
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Or, we could hire cheerleaders. They are athletic and coachable as well. Some of them are pretty good character kids, I would imagine. Once again, they aren't really going to see the field either, but we save the cash and the 2nd round draft pick.

None of this has anything to do with the fact that you both share the same religion, does it?
WOWSERS! Talk about a stretch of the imagination. So let me get this straight. You think because he's a Christian and I'm a Christian that I think we should pick him up in the draft?

Well if you go with that philosophy then a few years ago I should have been cheering for Kurt Warner because he's a Christian too.

Oh, I can't stop laughing at this stretch. Thanks for the laugh revs. This is the best comedy I've read all day.

Ok, now that I've stopped chuckling at your non-sense response I'll see if I can at least respond to it.

One, cheerleaders, while athletic are a nuisance to the game. I don't enjoy them during time outs or any other time.

Two, Tebow's faith has nothing do with me having him on my wishlist of players I hope the Steelers take this draft class.

Three, it is the other things that I've seen in Tebow that have him on my wishlist. The same list that you continue to down play on him (maybe because he's a devout Christian).

Four, I never said pick him up in the 2nd round either. But again, that's you reading something in my post that isn't there.

Five, if it were me leading the FO I would make an attempt to get him late third, early fourth. Yes I believe that would be a good place for him to go and I do think that he could become a leader, a QB of the future for the Steelers.

Again, we can agree to disagree, but please if you're going to use your imagination - please, PLEASE, use it a lot better than claiming my relationship with Christ has anything to do with players I want to see play for the Steelers.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #32
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

It's really not that much of a reach, actually...in fact, it's very close in keeping with the spirit of the OP. "Draft Tebow because he's a good Christian kid with character...maybe we can teach him how to play QB in 5 years or something".

He who doth protest too much...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #33
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
It's really not that much of a reach, actually...in fact, it's very close in keeping with the spirit of the OP. "Draft Tebow because he's a good Christian kid with character...maybe we can teach him how to play QB in 5 years or something".

He who doth protest too much...
Must be blind, didn't see any mention in the OP about him being Christian. Saw where Tebow was called 'square' but no mention of being Christian.

Hmmm

Protest? So let me get this straight (again). Because I told you that your assumption of why I want Tebow on team is DEAD WRONG, now I'm protesting? Wow Rev, I am impressed at the length of your imagination but severely disappointed at it's depth.

Is it just difficult for you to agree to disagree? Or is it in you that you think you're going to win every discussion by picking random thoughts out of the air (oh look, there goes another one)?
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #34
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

I can no longer debate...you think humans rode dinosaurs and that Noah's Arc was 100% factual. I'm SURE you think that Jesus will perform yet another miracle and make Tebow a great NFL QB.

I know differently...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #35
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I can no longer debate...you think humans rode dinosaurs and that Noah's Arc was 100% factual. I'm SURE you think that Jesus will perform yet another miracle and make Tebow a great NFL QB.

I know differently...


So you know 100% of the bible is not factual?
You know that science has it all correct?
And you know that Tim Tebow can't play QB in the NFL?

Do you have a time machine?

And you probably never should have entered the debate if your only foundation was trying to associate my liking to Tebow based on a relationship I have with Christ.

__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #36
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushHard34 View Post
I dont understand your argument that he is a winner.

That was playing QB in college. He wont be a QB in the pros making him WAY less of a factor to win a game.
What makes you think he won't be a QB in the pros?
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #37
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,701
Gender: Male
Member Number: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

When you talk about image...Remember, ben came into the leage getting fined each game becaause he had PFJ (;play for jesus) written on his shoes/uniforms/wherever...fame and fortune go to your head
__________________
Change Has Come To America
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #38
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
When you talk about image...Remember, ben came into the leage getting fined each game becaause he had PFJ (;play for jesus) written on his shoes/uniforms/wherever...fame and fortune go to your head
This is true. And while currently Tebow has that 'square' image one does never know what a lucrative contract would do him.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #39
Psyychoward86
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,463
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10772
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Enough with the religion crap. Back on topic?
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #40
whatdoiknow
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 613
Member Number: 16053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WHY I WANT TEBOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
Enough with the religion crap. Back on topic?



Okay, back on topic...shouldn't this thread be in the STEELERS Draft section ? And not the " General " NFL Drfat section ?


I'm just saying.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts