Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #21
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Let me see if I got this right

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Breaks my heart.

You a "coyote?"
Of course. What other interest could I possibly have? Did you think I was a conservative who cared about individual liberties? Pshaw!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #22
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
according to the list, it seems there are some aspects of communism and dictatorships venom really loves. i wonder if all uber right wingers feel the same.

things have changed alot since 9-11 with e-verify and all the penalties faced with i-9 verification violations, but for many years a ton of illegals were on legitimate payrolls with all the typical taxes being deducted. of course the illegals would never be able to cash in on SS or medicare benefits, because they didnt have a social.

i know its hard for some to believe or admit, but there are illegals who worked legitimate jobs for legitimate employers and paid into the system.

Oh I know there are. And believe me, I have a ton of respect for anyone who works long, hard hours...dirt pay or not, illegal or not. I did not know though that there were many who did actually pay into the system. If they did, I can come to terms with that. I do still question though if they paid ALL the same taxes that full citizens do.

I do know that there are many illegals working for shit wages though, and that I do not agree with. Whether it's any worse since 9/11 or not is irrelevant to me. My fundamental belief that immigrants coming into this country should be controlled more efficiently will not change. Do I want it to be a scenario where we hang illegals? Absolutely not, but from what I've gathered, this is the easiest country in the world to immigrate to and not have to pay taxes if you play your cards right. That I do not agree with at all.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #23
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Actually, I wasn't responding to you, although I just realized that you were the one who actually used the phrase "free ride". Sorry for the confusion.

Let's make one thing perfectly clear: rich people get a free ride, period. It doesn't matter if they are here with or without papers. Everyone else works, including you and I.
No problem...that is why I thought that was a response to what I wrote.

I don't think all rich people get a "free ride" though...some have worked very hard to become rich, and I encourage that. Some people though, like say...Paris Hilton, really have had a free ride though. That's the fault of the parents in my opinion. Coming from where I come from (financially) I wouldn't give my daughter a cent of money (outside of education) that she didn't earn herself.

Rich people DO pay taxes though, and thankfully more often than not, they pay more than us "normal joes" do.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #24
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
So, you are suggesting that it would behoove us to emulate Cuba, China, North Korea, Iran, etc. in our border policy. I take it that you are a big fan of those wonderful nations. Yes?

P.S. - Is there anything quite like the ALL CAPS BOLD to tell you that someone copied and pasted from a mass-mailing from one of their religious Right contacts? My aunt on the lunatic fringe of the Catholic Church (think Opus Dei) sends me this stuff all of the time - all bold, all caps, all the time. Never fails. That makes your arguments stronger, don't you know?
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #25
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET :
* A JOB,
* A DRIVERS LICENSE,
* SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
* WELFARE,
* FOOD STAMPS,
* CREDIT CARDS,
* SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
* FREE EDUCATION,
* FREE HEALTH CARE,
* A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
* BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
* THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRYS FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DONT GET ENOUGH RESPECT
That's Y V all love the USA.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #26
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

They enter the USA ILLEGALLY - disrespect our laws , nuff said ? To settle this , Im pro- immigration but Im anti -illegal immigration. Get online like everyone else and more power to you . Welcome to the USA .

P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone here by saying Illegal Immigrants . Next time Ill say Undocumented Workers
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #27
Venom
Team Captain

You think Im a liberal who cares more for the Illegals in this country than the Border Patrols ? Look at the great Liberals of the ACLU who rather defend the illegals ( I mean undocumented workers ) than the Border Patrol men/women . God Bless America ! ( Libs , dont call the Aclu cause I said the word God please )
Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
You think Im a liberal who cares more for the Illegals in this country than the Border Patrols ? Look at the great Liberals of the ACLU who rather defend the illegals ( I mean undocumented workers ) than the Border Patrol men/women . God Bless America ! ( Libs , dont call the Aclu cause I said the word God please )
I didn't realize that the folks in La Migra needed defending, but I'm glad you're on the case! The role of lickspittle is severely under-appreciated in our culture. Someone has to stand up for those in positions of authority. If not you, who? If not now, when?

What? Are we going to leave it to those in power to defend themselves? What sort of anarchist nonsense is that?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #29
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,765 Times in 1,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
Oh yea? Well you're from Lalaland, so what do YOU know?

Isn't that piglosi country.

What if we were to move to mexico, become a mexican citizen, swim back over the river, would I get all the free stuff? Since technically I would be an illegal alien.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by MACH1; 03-26-2010 at 07:30 PM.
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #30
Venom
Team Captain

Well Mach1 , if you go to Mexico and DEMAND to be a Mexican citizen by marching in their streets , you will be locked up !! Only in America you can protest that you want rights from a country you have no right to be in .