Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #31
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: Let me see if I got this right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Isn't that piglosi country.

What if we were to move to mexico, become a mexican citizen, swim back over the river, would I get all the free stuff? Since technically I would be an illegal alien.
Haha...I guess if you want to apply for Mexican citizenship you could (you can apply for citizenship in a lot of countries). There is this thing called dual citizenship though, so no...you wouldn't be an illegal alien.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #32
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

We used to live in a neighborhood with a nearby Mexican population & the impression that I got was that they were/are hard-working, family oriented people. They liked to get together after hours & on weekends just like anyone else & have a good time. It wasn't a good neighborhood & in our 5 years there we had more trouble with white trash than with any other ethnic group. I am sure they have their fair share of problems with crime, etc, but they never bothered us. I think that they might have a better work ethic than many Americans.
I do agree that they DO need to learn our language & the process for them to become nationalized could use an overhaul and so far I don't think anyone has mentioned the corporate factor which encourages the use of illegal laborers because they are cheap but that is another issue.
Also there hasn't been any mention of the countless American citizens who use & abuse our social services!!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:06 AM   #33
steelerohio
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14925

I just wish that some of them who so desire to come live in the US would actually take some time to learn the English language. If I was in another country, I would think it be a disrespect to the people of that country that they learn my language so I can go over to their country.

The list is spot on. Mabe heavier fines and penalties for hiring illegals? Though I doubt that would happen for some time now seeing as the possibility of the amnesty is too great.
steelerohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:42 AM   #34
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post
Also there hasn't been any mention of the countless American citizens who use & abuse our social services!!
OK... I'll mention them:
  • Chase
  • Bank of America
  • Bear Stearns
  • WorldCom
  • Enron
  • Chrysler
  • AT&T
  • Bechtel
  • Boeing
  • Lockheed Martin
  • GE
  • IBM
  • Etc., etc....
Old 03-27-2010, 02:11 AM   #35
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
OK... I'll mention them:
  • Chase
  • Bank of America
  • Bear Stearns
  • WorldCom
  • Enron
  • Chrysler
  • AT&T
  • Bechtel
  • Boeing
  • Lockheed Martin
  • GE
  • IBM
  • Etc., etc....
Nice!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #36
Venom
Team Captain

Member Number: 13824

Does being liberal mean you hate large companies like AT & T, Microsoft, Fed Ex, and Chase (whom provide thousands of jobs to working families), simply because they seek profits? I guess so
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #37
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

seriously Venom, you dont think some of those companies stepped over the line in ways of making money, just a little bit?
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #38
smokin3000gt

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Breaks my heart.

You a "coyote?"
Nope, just another bleeding heart liberal from the wonderful state of CA. They are the shining example of how to do things. I can't wait for all those kick ass policies and laws that are doing so well over there to be implemented for the rest of the US.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #39
smokin3000gt

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Actually, I wasn't responding to you, although I just realized that you were the one who actually used the phrase "free ride". Sorry for the confusion.

Let's make one thing perfectly clear: rich people get a free ride, period. It doesn't matter if they are here with or without papers. Everyone else works, including you and I.

C'mon man.. really? Rich people get a free ride? How do you think they got rich?! Do you think they were assigned to be CEO of a world wide corporation at birth? Do you have ANY idea how much work/stress is involved to climb the latter like that?

Let me tell you something. Being a business owner is RISKY, HARD work, and STRESSFUL and you bet your ass I'm not going to do all that for free! Here's ONE of the things I had to deal with last week. While you were working your 9 - 5, home in time for the Simpsons, I was trying to fish our concrete truck out of the water with Florida Highway Patrol, DOT, EPA, and a handful of other 3 letter organizations on my back looking for a dead turtle.

http://www.marconews.com/photos/gall...-i-75-traffic/

BTW Who do you think creates more jobs, evil rich people or poor people?
Old 03-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #40
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
They enter the USA ILLEGALLY - disrespect our laws , nuff said ? To settle this , Im pro- immigration but Im anti -illegal immigration. Get online like everyone else and more power to you . Welcome to the USA .

P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone here by saying Illegal Immigrants . Next time Ill say Undocumented Workers
What kills me even more about the illegals is that our legal system at times tends to think that these illegals have more rights under our constituion than those of us who are legal citizens of the country.

Either way the illegals are a drain on our system, from the criminals to the "take care of us now" migrant workers.

If anyone in DC gave a rats arse about their constituents, then they would have truly overhauled healthcare for those who need it, they would have listened to those that vote (not the ones that will be able to vote if the immigration reform gets pushed through), and they would as eagerly do something about the illegals in the country that doesn't involved giving them amnesty and instant citizenship or access to our social systems enabling them to ride through life with little to no responsibility.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote