Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019
Default Why so little interest in McNabb??

All the eagles want for him essentially is a second round pick, and so far i'm hearing that only 2-3 teams (oakland, buffalo) are interested in him. I've always been a fan of McNabb.. definitely one of the top quarterbacks in the league.. so why is there so little interest? Seems like he'd be a huge upgrade for many teams in the league (e.g. Jacksonville, San Fran, Cleveland, St.Louis-even though they might draft Bradford with the #1 pick)
Old 03-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832
Default Re: Why so little interest in McNabb??

I honestly dont know, The guy has done nothing but play his ass off and win games for that Franchise, they were nothing but bums before he got there, and he still gets treated like crap. The reason why teams may not show interest either is because McNabb is requesting a long term deal and teams dont seem too fond of giving up a second and then setting up a long term deal with them.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

According to Jason La Canfora (lol).....The Bills and the Raiders are very interested.

I guess age is a concern, QB's have a long lifespan in the NFL, but Mcnabb is 33, and he wont be around playing at a high level for that much longer.
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,378 Posts

every quote i've ever see coming from philly'e organization says they are not shopping mcnabb.... certainly since they said so it MUST be true...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts

i dont know what you are hearing but the most sensible deal is the rams guaranteeing him $25 mil as opposed to pissing away $40 mil on bradford who may or not pan out .

the rams give away the 1st pick in the second round (plus otagwey?), save money, and have a legitimate winner to start on day 1.

Quote:
every quote i've ever see coming from philly'e organization says they are not shopping mcnabb.... certainly since they said so it MUST be true...
thats right. its DEFINITELY not true!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Andy Reid has said Donovan McNabb is his starting quarterback heading into the 2010 season.

ESPN reporter Sal Paolantonio says the Eagles look like they are going to trade QB Donovan McNabb if they get a good offer. Paolantonio says they need to have this figured out by the end of the draft or it's going to cause a rift in the locker room.

But the trade rumors around the team's quarterback situation have persisted. And now Reid says offers are being made for all three of the Philadelphia Eagles' quarterbacks -- McNabb, backup Kevin Kolb and former Atlanta Falcons starter Michael Vick.

Reid said Tuesday and again Wednesday that the team is entertaining and evaluating the offers, according to published reports in Philadelphia. He has declined to offer details about the proposals.

"I'm listening [to offers] out there," Reid said Wednesday at the NFC coaches media breakfast, according to Philly.com. "I'm not saying I'm doing anything. But we're keeping our ears open.

"I don't worry about [what other people are saying]. It's an evaluation process right now," he added, according to the Web site. He also said he could see all three quarterbacks remaining with the team.

McNabb responded to Reid's statements via his blog at yardbarker.com.

"My position hasn't changed. I've said all along that I would like to win a Super Bowl and finish my career in Philadelphia," McNabb wrote. "I understand the situation well and just hope whichever direction the Eagles decide to go in, they do it quickly. I think that would be best for me, Kevin, Michael, the Eagles, and any other teams involved.

"No matter what happens, I've already begun preparing to have an outstanding season in 2010."

Reid broached the subject of trade offers on Tuesday.

"This is the truth: Our three quarterbacks are Philadelphia Eagles," Reid said Tuesday, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. "People are entertaining us with offers. Nothing's been done, but we're evaluating all of them. That's the truth. There's not a lot really going on other than entertaining."

Reid would not address the team's specific plans, according to the report, but said that from a coach's standpoint, the Eagles are in an enviable position.

"There are coaches who dream to be in this situation," Reid said, according to the Inquirer. "I'm not in any hurry to get rid of any of them. Have people talked? Yeah, people have talked. Have we listened? Yeah, we're in the process of listening. The bottom line is if I have all three of them, that's great."

Reid has stated and reiterated that McNabb is the team's starter headed into 2010. But trade rumors have not died down as the team's supporters debate whether it would be best to stick with McNabb, who has brought the team to five NFC Championship Games and a trip to the Super Bowl, or turn the page and give Kolb the keys to the offense.

Quote:
McNabb, around whom trade rumors have begun to swirl, told thePhiladelphia Inquirer that Eagles coach Andy Reid privately has assured the 11-year veteran he will retain the team's starting job:

"That's all that matters. I heard it when he said it to you guys, but I heard it before anyway. I think a lot of people look too far into things with all the assumptions and this could happen. He told everybody I'm going to be there, and I'm his guy. I don't see anything that anybody should look into."

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
steelerdude15
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15774

The funny thing is... McNabb is the best QB in Philly history, IMO.
steelerdude15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:02 AM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

if i'm the gm of the following teams, i'd have no problem offering up a 1st and a 3rd for mcnabb...the teams in bold especially could be serious contenders with mcnabb.
cleveland
jacksonville ( trade gerrard for a 3rd or 4th?)
denver
washington
minnesota
carolina
tampa
arizona
st louis
seattle
san fran

Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts

Quote:
"I'm not saying I'm doing anything. But we're keeping our ears open.

"I don't worry about [what other people are saying]. It's an evaluation process right now,"
coachspeak at its finest.

so does that mean he is lying or telling the truth about mcnabb being on the trading block?

i guess it depends if you are a philly fan who thinks owners and mgmt always tell the truth, or someone who looks at the situation from a realistic and objective point of view.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
coachspeak at its finest.

so does that mean he is lying or telling the truth about mcnabb being on the trading block?

i guess it depends if you are a phily fan who things owners and mgmt always tell the truth, or someone who looks at the situation from a realistic and objective point of view.
Don't know - I'm waiting for Wexell's tweet on the matter telling me what to think, personally.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote