Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
Prok
Team Captain

Member Number: 8921
Default Fixing the Steelers (aka sheer stupidity?)

Just read this article over morning coffee and damn near spit it out.... Anywho, i figured it was worthy of it's own thread. If u mods see fit, merge it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/67848/fix-t...elers-edition/

Quote:
If I were in charge of the Pittsburgh Steelers I would have had enough of QB Ben Rothlisberger and his antics. For me no mater of quilt or innocence will take away the fact that he is totally immature, reportedly rude to Steelers fans, and unaware that prima donna NFL players are rapidly falling out of style. At this point, with Big Ben
facing a suspension and no real backup behind him I would consider doing something drastic. That might sound harsh, but how many off seasons will Benís behavior be an issue in?

Right now I would be on the phone with the Philadelphia Eagles seeing what they wanted for QB Donovan McNabb. If the price was my 18th pick in the first round, I would have to seriously consider making that deal. The Eagles are reportedly asking for at least a top 42 pick. That seems to mean that with the 18th pick McNabb would be in play. Of course making that move is only good for the short term, and I would be looking to draft a QB in next yearís draft or possibly in the later rounds of the 2010 draft.

After I had settled the Ben problem I would seriously consider a move against head coach Mike Tomlin. In my mind he takes too many unnecessary risks. I also doubt his ability to keep the players in line. I might not fire him outright, but he would be served notice that the status quo is unacceptable.

I then would spend the 2010 draft addressing very specific potions on the roster. Being a somewhat solid team, I could afford to take a best player available plan into this draft. I would also be on the phone to the Oakland Raiders asking about Ben for the 8th overall pick in the 2010 draft. If the Raiders offered me the 8th overall pick and CB Nnamdi Asomugha for Big Ben that deal would get done immediately.
Believe it or not there are Steelers fans out there all in favor of something like this. Well, 3 of my EX - FRIENDS are wanting to just cut him out-right and move on. a couple other are all for a trade.

Anywho, further proof as to why this is the only message board i participate in these days.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5784
Default Re: Fixing the Steelers (aka sheer stupidity?)

I like the part about giving up our 18th overall to the Eagles when they were willing to settle for near mid 2nd round. That makes solid sense.
Kaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

We went 25 years in between SB #4 and SB #5. In those 25 years we had some very good teams. The one constant we didn't have was a franchise QB. Now that we have one we have 2 more SB's in the last 5 years and I think we have 1 or 2 more to get in the next 5 years, but not without Big Ben. When you get a franchise QB, you guard him with your life, which is why the 8 year $100mil+ contract last year. You don't deal him to the Raiders for a corner and a draft pick.

There is honestly no player in the league I would trade Big Ben for straight up. Great QB's are just too hard to find and no other position on the field is even half as important.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
SteelerFanInStl
Team Captain

Member Number: 2162

It just proves that you don't have to know anything about football to write about it on the internet.
SteelerFanInStl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Yep, Ben's "quilt" is obvious. The question of his "guilt," not so much....

Hard to take a blogger seriously when they don't even take the time to proofread their spew.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
BigBen'sSwagger
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15463

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
It just proves that you don't have to know anything about football to write about it on the internet.
Exactly. Hell he probably isn't even a real Steeler fan more like an eggles fan if you ask me.

Trade with the raiders and the eggles SHEESH!!! Put down the crack pipe son.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

I want nothing to do with McChoke. Regardless of BB's outcome. McChoke is a locker room cancer, he has proven time after time. This past season he blamed his line and the rookie rb's. IF this clown was our qb over the past 4 seasons we would not have the last 2 sb's. He can not handle the pressure, can not take a hit, and only lays blame, doesnt shoulder it.

BB has not been found guilty of anything. Period. Currently America stands for innocent till proven guilty. although Obama is working on changing that asap. soemthing about a hidden loop hole to convict everyone than bring in his own population.
Regardless, Ben hasn't done anything wrong, but put himself in a bad siatuation, and to be honest, you do not know your in a bad situation till after it happens, sometimes.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #8
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Im not very happy with bens decision making but that post is nuts. Ben is a top 5 qb and I would never trade our 1st round pick. Tomlin already won a superbowl so I won't even waste my time defending him. As for Ben, I wouldn't be against trading him after this season but only if we got a top pick and was able to draft washingtons qb in the 2011 draft. I love Ben but I don't see him playing into his mid-30's getting hit as many times as he does.
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yep, Ben's "quilt" is obvious. The question of his "guilt," not so much....

Hard to take a blogger seriously when they don't even take the time to proofread their spew.
I thought he meant Ben was going to be making QUILTS during the remainder of the off-season and sale them to benefit his police dog charity. Damn, guess I was wrong or would that be wronq?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #10
SteelGhost
Starter

Member Number: 13528

Another "real Steeler Fan" who needs to wear a straitjacket ASAP
SteelGhost is offline   Reply With Quote