Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Obama Snubbed Netanyahu For Dinner

Quote:
The snub marked a fresh low in US-Israeli relations and appeared designed to show Mr Netanyahu how low his stock had fallen in Washington after he refused to back down in a row over Jewish construction in east Jerusalem.

The Israeli prime minister arrived at the White House on Tuesday evening brimming with confidence that the worst of the crisis in his country's relationship with the United States was over.

Over the previous two days, he had been feted by senior Republicans and greeted warmly by members of Congress. He had also received a standing ovation from the American Israel Public Affairs Affairs Committee, one of the most influential lobby groups in the United States.

But Mr Obama was less inclined to be so conciliatory. He immediately presented Mr Netanyahu with a list of 13 demands designed both to the end the feud with his administration and to build Palestinian confidence ahead of the resumption of peace talks. Key among those demands was a previously-made call to halt all new settlement construction in east Jerusalem.

When the Israeli prime minister stalled, Mr Obama rose from his seat declaring: "I'm going to the residential wing to have dinner with Michelle and the girls."

As he left, Mr Netanyahu was told to consider the error of his ways. "I'm still around," Mr Obama is quoted by Israel's Yediot Ahronot newspaper as having said. "Let me know if there is anything new."

For over an hour, Mr Netanyahu and his aides closeted themselves in the Roosevelt Room on the first floor of the White House to map out a response to the president's demands.
And that's how you do it, friends.

I love the foreign policy of our new Kenyan overlord.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...lis-claim.html
Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547
Default Re: Obama Snubbed Netanyahu For Dinner

This is no laughing matter. You don't disrespect a foreign head of state like that. It's arrogant and ignorant, and exactly the kind of self-important cowboy behavior he was supposed to change.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
This is no laughing matter. You don't disrespect a foreign head of state like that. It's arrogant and ignorant, and exactly the kind of self-important cowboy behavior he was supposed to change.
Obama's List of Broken Promises

[X] Maine Lobster
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts

the stage is being set for the prophetical WWIII. i just hope i am still alive for a front row seat.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
the stage is being set for the prophetical WWIII. i just hope i am still alive for a front row seat.
It ma be sooner than you think.

Ya know 2012 is just around the corner.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

yeah, but the impending lock out and a year w/o football doesnt really count as far as the "real" end of the world is concerned.

(although if that happens i may have to actually start paying attention to politics and post my findings here).
Old 03-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:

sweet...then i guess you need not worry about obamacare effecting you...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Obama snubbed Netanyahu?? From what I hear it's quite the opposite. Although personally, I think Obama deserves snubbing, realistically speaking, if you are on the receiving end of $3,000,000,000 of US charity every single year for the past twenty and for the foreseeable future... well, I'd think you'd treat the president (and vice-president) of the US a little better.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:33 AM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
In per capita terms, the United States gives each Israeli a direct subsidy worth about $500 per year. This largesse is especially striking when one realizes that Israel is now a wealthy industrial state with a per capita income roughly equal to South Korea or Spain.”
Quote:
A November 2008 Washington Report article “A Conservative Estimate of Total Direct U.S. Aid to Israel: $114 Billion,” by Shirl McArthur, puts the cumulative total even higher.

According to McArthur, “[T]he indirect or consequential costs to the American taxpayer as a result of Washington’s blind support for Israel exceed by many times the amount of direct U.S. aid to Israel. Some of these ‘indirect or consequential’ costs would include the costs to U.S. manufacturers of the Arab boycott, the costs to U.S. companies and consumers of the Arab oil embargo and consequent soaring oil prices as a result of U.S. support for Israel in the 1973 war, and the costs of U.S. unilateral economic sanctions on Iran, Iraq, Libya and Syria. (For a discussion of these larger costs, see ‘The Costs to American Taxpayers of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: $3 Trillion,’ by the late Thomas R. Stauffer, June 2003 Washington Report, p. 20.)”
http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/usaid.html

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #10
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:

And Popoe Benedict is "Glory of Olives"...the next one is Petrus Romanus.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote