Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337
Default Militia Members Charged in Plot to Kill Police Officers

Quote:
The group, known as Hutaree, planned to kill an unidentified local law-enforcement official in April and then attack local, state and federal officers who come to Michigan to attend the official's funeral, the U.S. Attorney for the Easter District of Michigan said in a statement.

According to an indictment of the nine individuals, which was unsealed on Monday, the group had planned to use homemade bombs and had practiced attacks and other military maneuvers with automatic weapons for more than a year.

After attacking the funeral, the group planned to retreat to a remote "rally point" from which Hutaree members would fight off an expected response by law enforcement, the U.S. attorney's office said in a statement. Hutaree hoped this would spark a wider uprising against the federal government.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._whats_news_us
Old 03-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: Militia Members Charged in Plot to Kill Police Officers

Wow, I'm glad they caught them before something happened.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
Maybe it will help even out the political odds inside the prison...but dont worry...you still have. and always will have, a strong majority there.

Quote:
Minority Prison Inmates Skew Local Populations as States Redistrict
by Jonathan Tilove, Newhouse News Service. March 12, 2002

Nearly half of New York state's prisons are located in the overwhelmingly white, rural upstate districts represented by four Republican state senators. While the inmates cannot vote, their numbers count as population for redistricting and augment the leverage of the senators in whose districts they are incarcerated. The Auburn Correctional Facility is in the 53rd Senate District of Michael F. Nozzolio.

The inmates at Attica prison in western New York state are represented in Albany by state Sen. Dale Volker, a conservative Republican who says it's a good thing his captive constituents can't vote, because if they could, "They would never vote for me."....

....And if those same prison inmates were instead counted in the communities whence they came, the population of urban districts would swell, setting in motion reciprocal ripples that would increase the Democratic electorate in those same competitive districts. Wagner estimates the net effect of changing how prisoners are counted could gain urban Democrats two seats in both the New York House and Senate.
http://www.prisonpolicy.org/news/new...ews031202.html
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

^ wtf someone posts something about some nuts and you make it a political thing about Dems in prison? Interesting stretch there
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
^ wtf someone posts something about some nuts and you make it a political thing about Dems in prison? Interesting stretch there
As usual...you are having problems following along. Let me help.

Leftoverhard posted a thread with no value except to somehow "prove" that people on the right are so..."bad"....that they were arrested.

Along the same lines I responded to show him that the majority of those "bad" people being arrested and incarcerated are from the left.

It was a helpful little post showing him that (keep your fingers crossed) either:

a) We can arrest more of those right wingers and even up the odds...or
b) Give prisoners the right to vote so that the Left can REALLY have their voices heard.

No charge for that. I'm just a nice guy by nature. By the way, how come you have never sent me a friend request?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borski View Post
Wow, I'm glad they caught them before something happened.
That's one of things about these militia guys - they leave a trail, they talk and they generally do some pretty dumb-criminal stuff - if the authorities are paying attention (which they are, like never before), these groups are relatively "easy" to figure out.
The bad thing is: they are multiplying like wet gremlins.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

LLT - Two terror groups made international news today. I posted this one up here because it was getting late in the day and (surprise) no one had even mentioned it yet here in the locker room.
The 3 or 4 non-uber conservative posters on this website RARELY ever post anything newsworthy having anything to do with something that would enrage you. We are too busy arguing with your vincent and your venom and your, well, You (and so on) about Obama's ugly wife or how Obama is just like hitler or his birth certificate or some other below-the-belt boo-hoo nonsense in one of the 17 I-hate-health-care debates.

If one tree-hugger guy popped a hummer tire with a butter knife and it was reported on worldnetdaily but nowhere else, it would be ranted and raved about here for days.

I posted this because it's important. These are our very own homegrown terrorists, the kind that breed McVeigh, or like Eric Rudolph, the kind that bomb the Atlanta Olympics, the kind that kill doctors and bomb gay night clubs to make religious/political points - and in turn become folk heroes to the radical right. These guys are currently more of a threat to the USA than any other kind of terrorist. Not important? Try again.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

For the record...I believe ANY group found to be preparing...planning...stockpiling...or initiating an attack against any American person/organization/building/property should be prosecuted under the full extent of the law.

For instance...I am against abortion of any kind. I donate to causes that are pro-life. That being said...my belief that abortion is murder would NEVER let me condone the bombing of abortion clinics or the killing of abortion doctors.

My beliefs (as most peoples) are based on ethics and morality, and "my side" doing something wrong in the misplaced belief that the end justifies the means makes them hypocrites....period.

That is one of the things that bother me about the health reform debate. I belief that most of the people on the opposite side of the aisle are just as ethically and morally observant as I am...HOWEVER....too many on the left have placed ethics to the side with some ill-concieved notion that its "okay" that the Dems voted agaisnt the will of the American people.....because its passage somehow makes them feel that they have "won".

That is so very sad.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
LLT - Two terror groups made international news today. I posted this one up here because it was getting late in the day and (surprise) no one had even mentioned it yet here in the locker room.
The 3 or 4 non-uber conservative posters on this website RARELY ever post anything newsworthy having anything to do with something that would enrage you. We are too busy arguing with your vincent and your venom and your, well, You (and so on) about Obama's ugly wife or how Obama is just like hitler or his birth certificate or some other below-the-belt boo-hoo nonsense in one of the 17 I-hate-health-care debates.

If one tree-hugger guy popped a hummer tire with a butter knife and it was reported on worldnetdaily but nowhere else, it would be ranted and raved about here for days.

I posted this because it's important. These are our very own homegrown terrorists, the kind that breed McVeigh, or like Eric Rudolph, the kind that bomb the Atlanta Olympics, the kind that kill doctors and bomb gay night clubs to make religious/political points - and in turn become folk heroes to the radical right. These guys are currently more of a threat to the USA than any other kind of terrorist. Not important? Try again.
I will take your word that you had no intent...and I retract my statement with an apology.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150

Quote:

Who here is promoting them as heroes? They are domestic terrorist.

I dont see who we have to turn this into a political debate or anything (directed at everyone in the thread)