Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268
Default Re: Militia Members Charged in Plot to Kill Police Officers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
LLT - Two terror groups made international news today. I posted this one up here because it was getting late in the day and (surprise) no one had even mentioned it yet here in the locker room.
The 3 or 4 non-uber conservative posters on this website RARELY ever post anything newsworthy having anything to do with something that would enrage you. We are too busy arguing with your vincent and your venom and your, well, You (and so on) about Obama's ugly wife or how Obama is just like hitler or his birth certificate or some other below-the-belt boo-hoo nonsense in one of the 17 I-hate-health-care debates.

If one tree-hugger guy popped a hummer tire with a butter knife and it was reported on worldnetdaily but nowhere else, it would be ranted and raved about here for days.

I posted this because it's important. These are our very own homegrown terrorists, the kind that breed McVeigh, or like Eric Rudolph, the kind that bomb the Atlanta Olympics, the kind that kill doctors and bomb gay night clubs to make religious/political points - and in turn become folk heroes to the radical right. These guys are currently more of a threat to the USA than any other kind of terrorist. Not important? Try again.

Just wondering not trying to stir the pot but was the guy that bombed the Olympics tied to any known militia? And just how many gay night clubs have there been bombed guess down here in Arkansas we dont get that news about all the gays that get killed in night club bombings. I will give you Mcveigh cant argue about that nut job any at all. I just dont see guys running around in Militias as the biggest threat we have, and stats dont back that up at all. Males between the ages of 18 and 34 from the middle east that are part of known hate groups is where that focus of biggest threat should fall. Just my thoughts..............

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #12
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I will take your word that you had no intent...and I retract my statement with an apology.
I have been talking about these two incidents all day long - it's really the only thing on my mind.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
I posted this because it's important. These are our very own homegrown terrorists, the kind that breed McVeigh, or like Eric Rudolph, the kind that bomb the Atlanta Olympics, the kind that kill doctors and bomb gay night clubs to make religious/political points - and in turn become folk heroes to the radical right. These guys are currently more of a threat to the USA than any other kind of terrorist. Not important? Try again.
I dont know who looks up to these guys as heros...please elaborate on that statement.

As for them being more of a threat to the USA than any other kind of terrorist....I would present as evidence the Inner-City Gangs who by sheer A) numbers B) propensity for violence C) destruction of property D) cost to the American taxpayer in preventive measures....make militias look like boy scouts.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
I dont know who looks up to these guys as heros...please elaborate on that statement.

As for them being more of a threat to the USA than any other kind of terrorist....I would present as evidence the Inner-City Gangs who by sheer A) numbers B) propensity for violence C) destruction of property D) cost to the American taxpayer in preventive measures....make militias look like boy scouts.
You know I had not thought about that, but you are correct about the gang problem for sure. Even around here in this sleepy little part of the world we are getting them

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
Old 03-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #15
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borski View Post
Who here is promoting them as heroes? They are domestic terrorist.

I dont see who we have to turn this into a political debate or anything (directed at everyone in the thread)
Borski - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph
If you had followed this, you would know about Eric Rudolph as a fugitive and how he had lots of help while he was on the lam. that's the classic definition of a folk hero.
There was a forest ranger killer back in the early 80's who was shielded by a very large network of anti-government folks for a very long time. If I remember his name, I'll link you up.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Borski - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Robert_Rudolph
If you had followed this, you would know about Eric Rudolph as a fugitive and how he had lots of help while he was on the lam. that's the classic definition of a folk hero.
There was a forest ranger killer back in the early 80's who was shielded by a very large network of anti-government folks for a very long time. If I remember his name, I'll link you up.
Eric Rudolph was a "hero"...perhaps...to a small group of anit-abortionist extremists...thats all.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #17
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Eric Rudolph was a "hero"...perhaps...to a small group of anit-abortionist extremists...thats all.
Never understood why Dems are pro-abortion but anti death penalty and Repubs are anti-abortion and pro death penalty.

Seems a little twisted one or the other

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
Old 03-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #18
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

^ I never got that either, I'm pro choice and pro death penalty
chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #19
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

I'll emphasize the word "homegrown" Here's a worldnetdaily link to the dhs report story: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=94803
dhs came out with a report last year emphasizing homegrown terrorism. This included organized gangs, Americans with Al Qaeda connections, violent religious groups, right wing militias, etc.

Here's a "folk hero" link: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...004966,00.html
Quote:
Since he didn't look as if he had stumbled out of a cave, investigators believe Rudolph must have received help over the years. "If he's been living in a mobile home, you'd assume quite a few people knew he was there," says Ronald Baughn, a retired federal law-enforcement agent who helped investigate the Atlanta and Birmingham bombings. Indeed, Rudolph had become a local folk hero. In Murphy, T shirts and coffee mugs appeared saying RUN RUDOLPH, RUN.
Here's a gay club bombing link for that person who didn't believe me about that.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_0027.htm
Old 03-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Quote:
I certainly didn't mean he was a hero to any large group of people - that's why I said radical right. Someone felt comfy enough to sell mugs and t-shirts to the general public though.