Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default My first round mock draft

2010 Mock NFL Draft

1. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma
The NFL is a quarterback driven league, more-so now than ever. If the Rams ever want to get back
to challenging for a division title, much less a Super Bowl, they need a QB. Bradford is the best
available in this draft and in free agency. And with the money that will be spent on the #1
overall pick of the draft, you want to spend it on the most important position on the field.

2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska
The Lions have used their past three first round picks on offense. Yes, they can take an offensive
tackle with this pick to help protect Matthew Stafford, but this is a tackle deep draft. The Lions have
had the worst defense the last few years. Suh is a cornerstone defensive tackle that can mold a defense.
They can't afford to pass up this type of player, defense still wins championships.

3.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma
The Buccaneers stape has been defense. They won a Super Bowl with defense. They have a defensive minded head coach.
McCoy, liek Suh,is a cornerstone defensive tackle who reminds me of Buccs legend Warren Sapp. If he can have a
Sapp-esque impact on the defense, the Buccaneers can turn this around much quicker than some people think. Also,
the Buccaneers play in a division with Drew Brees and Matt Ryan...McCoy can get into the backfield and disrupt
the timing of the two premeir QB's of the NFC South.

4. Washington Redskins - Russell Okung, OT Oklahoma State
The Redskins offensive line is pourous. They have a first round pick in Jason Cambpell who has been through
multiple coordinators and head coaches in his career. Last year his offensive line was at it's worst, leaving
him with very little time to do anything but throw it to try and save himself. Give Campbell an offensive line
that can give him time, and he can be a consistantly good QB. Shannahan has succeeded with worse at QB.

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Bryan Buluga, OT Iowa
Scott Pioli traded for Matt Cassel last year and are paying him a franchise QB's salary. He can't do much from his
backside, and that's where he spent a lot of last year. Pioli knows the value of a good offensive line from
his days in New England. If he's going to get the Cheif's money worth out of Cassel, he needs to get him protection.

6. Seattle Seahawks - Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma
Once again, the NFL is a quarterback driven league. Matt Hasselbeck has been a very successful QB in the League.
Lately he hasn't been healthy and part of that has to do with protection. While Hasselbeck isn't the future of the
Seahawks, whoever ends up being his successor will need blindside protection.

7. Cleveland Browns - Joe Haden, CB Florida
The Browns have a lot of holes, a large one is at cornerback. Haden is the best corner in the draft. He's very
athletic and is a playmaker. He's no Darelle Revis, but he's better than anyone currently on the Browns roster
at the position. Cleveland needs playmakers, and Haden is that indeed.

8. Oakland Raiders - Bruce Campbell, OT Maryland
It's hard to predict an Al Davis draft pick. Last year with Michael Crabtree on the board, he selected Darius
Heyward-Bay. Davis is enamored with measurables and Campbell has those. He can also be a very solid left
tackle. If the Raiders are going to get anything out of former first round picks JaMarcuss Russell and
Darren McFadden, they need better blockers. Campbell is that.

9. Buffalo Bills - Jimmy Clausen, QB Notre Dame
I am saying it again, the NFL is a quarterback driven league. The Bills play in a division where the other teams
have Tom Brady, Mark Sanchez, and Chad Henne at quarterback. The Bills haven't had a franchise quarterback since
Jim Kelly. Clausen has all the skills you need to have to succeed in the NFL. If the Bills are ever going to
threaten for a playoff spot, they need a QB. No better way to get one than the NFL Draft.

10.Jacksonville Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE South Florida
The Jaguars haven't had a pass rush for longer than I can remember. They have tried to draft that pass rush and
have found nothing but busts. In a division with Peyton Manning, Matt Shuab, and Vince Young...getting to the QB
is a must to win.

11. Denver Broncos - Maurkice Pouncey, C/OG Florida
The Broncos had problems with the interior of their offensive line last year. If they want to pound the football
they need help in the middle of the trenches. Pouncey can play either center or gaurd and will help blow open some
holes for Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter to run through. For Denver's offense to work, they need a stong
running game, because there isn't a quarterback on the roster that can take the team on his shoulders and win.

12. Miami Dolphins - Dan Williams, DT Tennessee
Jason Ferguson is getting up there in age and gets beat up at NT in the Dolphins 3-4 defense. He isn't going to
play forever and Williams can not only be the heir apparent, he can be a very useful player as a sub to keep the
defense fresh.

13. San Fransisco 49ers - Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers
Joe Staley is a very good left tackle. Davis would bookend the offensive line and provide former first overall
pick Alex Smith excellent protection on the edges. Smith has had injury problems, so protection is a great
pick to get this team over the hump and into the playoffs.

14. Seattle Seahawks - Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech
The Seahawks pass rush has become almost non-existant. Patrick Kerney is old and has lost a step, Morgan can step
in and bring pressure off the edge from his first day. It's a no-brainer. Protect your QB with your first pick
and get after the other team's with your second.

15. New York Giants - Rolando McClain, LB Alabama
The Giants released middle linebacker Peirce. He was the leader of the defense and a good tackler. McClain was a
huge leader for the Tide in their run to a National Championship. He's an excellent tackler and will be a staple of
the Giants defense for the next ten-plus years.

16. Tennessee Titans - Sergio Kindle, Texas
They lost Kyle vaden Bosch to the Lions in free agency. The year before they lost Albert Haynesworth. The defensive
line needs some restocking and Kindle can bring a pass rush. This division has Peyton Manning and Matt Shuab, so
if you're going to win it you have to get to those two QB's to stop the high powered offenses those teams have.

17. San Fransisco 49ers - Earl Thomas, S/CB Texas
The 49ers defense has one really big hole, their secondary isn't all that good. Nate Clements looked down right bad
last season. Yes, he can rebound and be solid this year. That's the beauty of Earl Thomas, he can play any position
in the secondary, fexibility is something great when you have a player that can float around if needed.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Iupati, OG Idaho
The Steelers wan't to put more focus on the run game. Iupati is the type of interior offensive lineman to help with
that goal. Also, Ben Roethlisberger has been sacked a ton the last few years. Even with more focus on pounding the
rock, the offense still runs through Big Ben. We need him upright and given time to make the big plays he's so good
at making.

19. Atlanta Falcons - Sean Weatherspoon, LB Missouri
The Falcons, in the first year of the new regime, worked on the offense. In the second year, they started to fix
the defense. They can have more balance this year and they start with defense. Weatherspoon is a very good
all-around LB. He can stop the run, which will help against the Panthers. And he can rush the quarterback which
helps against a team like the Saints.

20. Hosuton Texans - Ryan Mathews, RB Fresno State
The Texans have almost everything they need on the offensive side of the ball, everything except for a consistant
running game. Mathews would bring the Texans a legit starting running back. It would give them the balance they need
so teams can't just tee-off on getting to Shuab. Forcing a defense to play more honest could be just what this team
needs to finally beat the Colts and get into the playoffs.

21. Cincinatti Bengals - Taylor Mays, S Southern California
The Bengals like Trojans, and no that isn't a condom joke. Two-thirds of their starting linebackers are from
Southern Cal and their defensive end rotation also includes a former Trojan. Mays may not be that great in coverage,
but he can hit like a Mack truck. He'd be excellent insurance for Roy Williams who is a similar player but has been
MIA with injuries most of the past few years. Heck, he might even be an upgrade.

22. New England Patriots - Brandon Graham, DE Michigan
The Patriots defense is getting old. They need help on the line after trading Richard Seymour before last season.
Graham can also play OLB in their system. He could be a very good hybrid player, much like Brian Orakpo was last
season for the Redskins.

23. Green Bay Packers - Charles Brown, OT Southern California
The Packers have two tackles who are very good when healthy. The problem is last year they weren't vert healthy and
they are getting up there in age. Brown offers depth as an heir apparant to either tackle spot. With the high powered
offense that Green Bay is running, they need to make sure franchise quarterback Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, otherwise
this team is not challenging the Vikings for the division.

24. Philadelphia Eagles - Vladimir Ducasse, OT Massachussetts
The Eagles have three quarterbacks whom they feel are starting material. McNabb has had injury problems in the past.
Kolb looks like the future of the team. Vick is more of an unknown, but he has talent. Ducasse can help no matter what,
especially in a division with defenses that feature pass rushes from the Giants, Cowboys, and Redskins.

25. Baltimore Ravens - Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
The Ravens have done a good job this offseason of getting weapons for QB Joe Flacco. They need one more peice, and Gresham
is that peice. He gives Flacco a great redzone threat and a safety valve on checkdowns when the pass rush gets
pressure. The Ravens are a very smashmouth offense, but weapons for Flacco can win them a Super Bowl.

26. Arizona Cardinals - Jared Odrick, DT Penn State
In the Cardinals 3-4 scheme, Odrick would probably play end but he can sub at NT if need be. The Cardinals defense
can still use the help, especially with some of their losses in free agency this offseason.

27. Dallas Cowboys - Terrance Cody, DT Alabama
Yes, the Cowboys have a NT in Jay Ratliff, but he takes a pounding at the nose and his body is more of a fit for
defensive end in the 3-4. Cody gives the Cowboys your prototypical NT, a big mountain of a man who can eat up
blockers and collapse the pocket. He playd that exact role in Alabama's 3-4 defense.

28. San Diego Chargers - Patrick Robinson, CB Florida State
The Chargers have a few needs. No nose tackle worth a first rounder, no running back worth it either. They traded their
starting cornerback in Antonio Cromartie and needs to fill that hole. Robinson can do that for them, giving them good
value for this pick.

29. New York Jets - Golden Tate, WR Notre Dame
The Jets have a defense that will pound you into submission. Their offense can run you over. But they spent the fifth
overall pick last season on Mark Sanchez, and they need to build the offense around his talents. Braylon Edwards isn't
a model of consistency. Tate is a big, strong receiver with good hands who will at the least give Sanchez a reliable
target other than Dustin Keller.

30. Minnesota Vikings - Kyle Wilson, CB Boise State
Their corners were injured last year and the secondary can use an upgrade. Their window is closing because Favre isn't
going to play forever, and if he doesn't win a second Super Bowl this season he may hang them up for real this time.

31. Indianapolis Colts - Jason Fox, OT Miami (Fl.)
The Colts President, Bill Polian, was very admant that the offensive line needed upgraded. Fox could be that upgrade
at tackle, helping protect the player that makes this team go. If they can't keep him clean and unpressured, then
this team goes nowhere. Manning is the most important player on the Colts, without him they are challenging for
the top pick in the draft.

32. New Orleans Saints - Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida
The Super Bowl Champion Saints won with offense and big plays on defense, even though the defense wasn't particularly
good at getting to the QB without blitzing. Charles Grant was out for most of the season with an injury and it looks
like the Saints are going to part ways with their long time pass rusher. Bobby McCray is solid, but he isn't a playmaker
and is best as a sub to keep guys fresh in a rotation. Dunlap can bring a rush off the edge that can make this big
play defense even bigger with sacks and pressures that lead to even more turnovers.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
jonslow
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15823
Default Re: My first round mock draft

You completely forgot about Eric Berry... I like the mock, but I'm sure his absence will change some of those picks.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

yea berry will definatly go in the 1st.
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

1. No Eric Berry?
2. How comes Ryan Matthews gets a 20th overall pick and C.J. Spiller doesn't even get a 1st round pick
3. Pouncey in the top 15?. He is a late1st-2nd round he does not deserve a top 20 selection let alone the 11th selection.
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Shit I forgot about Eric Berry. I will have to re-do this later tonight,

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

OT Jason Fox in the 1st round must be a misprint ... right?.. lol
I see alot of laughter of leaving CJ Spiller out of the 1st round? I like Pouncey in the Late 1st Round at the Earliest... Earliest.. No way Ryan Mattews goes before Spiller, unless its the Raiders that makes the pick.. and I dont see them going RB in round 1.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Not saying you're right or wrong but you've got a round and a half of OT's plugged into round1.

My hunch is that Taylor mays is a second rounder and Clausen might be as well. once you make it to the middle of the round, the only teams that have long term QB need are MIN and AZ.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

I didnt go through it all...since according to some of the replies...that key players are missing. I just looked at the Steelers pick, which i do not like. I'll check it out later when you redo it and all though.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:33 PM   #9
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7willBheaven View Post
I didnt go through it all...since according to some of the replies...that key players are missing. I just looked at the Steelers pick, which i do not like. I'll check it out later when you redo it and all though.
What are you looking for in the 1st for the Burgh?
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
What are you looking for in the 1st for the Burgh?

I am one of the (few maybe) people who wants to see what Urbik can do, before spending another high draft pick on a G. Picking Iupati, Jerry, Asamoah ,etc I am against as they are all 1st-3rd round picks. If we went OL in the first I wouldnt mind a STUD Tackle..I know we have Starks and Colon...but with Colons future uncertain/etc...Starks could go back to RT and our stud at LT. Even a C i would be happy with. As far as a CB...i do have somewhat the same thinking with we just drafted K. Lewis in the 3rd last year also...buuut it'd be nice to get a STUD CB too (as Ike may only be around a handful more years as it is)...and maybe Lewis can eventually take over for Ike. I wouldnt be against S Earl Thomas either...especially if he can play CB too as some people say he can...and we'd plug him in there for now and if hes needed to be moved to S eventually we could do that too. Pretty much a STUD T/C/DB is what I'd take in the first....though NT wouldnt be out of the question...but its lesser need and we can get a decent one in rounds 2-4 i think.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote